MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  • Projects:Wars of the East mod
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 27 June 2007 - 03:02 PM

<Sigh>... no Gondorian/Rhunic alliance, then... aww :xcahik_:

But I understand Matias' point (just read his reply to my post - rewriting the story 3 times...). However, Rhun has already TONS of anti-cavalry units, I think.

The "Axeman of Rhun" isn't a bad idea, I like it (it's like the Uruk Berserker), but not the fact that it's a SINGLE unit.

And Rhunic spearmen are all the same. Some with longer, some with shorter spears, some with shields, but still remains the same.

But Gondor has only ONE spearmen unit (But true, still better than Rohan, they don't have any yet until Lauri finishes the Men of Eastfold :D ). That's why I suggested them for Gondor. And besides, I thought it's an original idea.

Hmm... Matias mentioned that the men of Dorwinion and the Easterlings near them are friendly to each other. And Dorwinion is allied to Gondor, right ? Maybe a power which summons men from Dorwinion and from the nearby Easterling tribes would be fitting and would solve the problem.

Edited by MorrisB, 27 June 2007 - 03:03 PM.

Posted Image
---
"Well, I can't argue with that - modding IS hard. But what would have become of games like Starcraft, Warcraft 3, Dungeon Siege, Half-Life 1-2, Neverwinter Nights and BfME 1-2 if we, modders, weren't there ? They would have long been forgotten. Modding is hard, but it's an honorable thing." - MorrisB

#62 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 27 June 2007 - 04:02 PM

problem is, Dorwinion is overrun at the time of the war :xcahik_: all, or, most of Rhovanion is, so that brings up another thing about the WR soldiers... they couldn't have startet a rebellion when Rhun first attacked Gondor, and neither could, or atleast should, they have startet it after Rhovanion was overthrown.... so, if they would've fled to Gondor right away, Gondor would've known that Rhun was comming, and yeah... huzza!
The Axemen of Rhun might not be a bad idea... but they do suck... using Berserker animations (aka, normal uruks), and having them in hordes wouldn't solve my problem... I'd rather go for elite western Rhun troopers :D

and the fact that Gondor only has one spearmen unit... so what? does it matter? Most of their troops have high armor, and their spearmen are very good against infantry aswell, and mosters...

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#63 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 27 June 2007 - 04:36 PM

...damn. Hell right.

But what would be with Soldiers of Western Rhun then ? I still think that Rhun has enough spearmen.

(PS: I thought that Spearmen of Minas Tirith are "basic" units and therefore not so strong. I wanted to add an "elite" spearmen unit for Gondor, apart from the Guards of the Fountain, who aren't trainable, only summonable.)

Hmm... what about

Soldiers of Western Rhun --> "Khoragon's Guardsmen" (or "Sorcerer's Guard", or "Rhunic Royal Guard")

...and then they could be single but very strong units (or small but strong groups) with spears (or two swords), wearing heavy armor and they could also have capes. They could replace the Axemen of Rhun.
Posted Image
---
"Well, I can't argue with that - modding IS hard. But what would have become of games like Starcraft, Warcraft 3, Dungeon Siege, Half-Life 1-2, Neverwinter Nights and BfME 1-2 if we, modders, weren't there ? They would have long been forgotten. Modding is hard, but it's an honorable thing." - MorrisB

#64 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 05:18 PM

well, I do wanna get rid of the axmen of Rhûn, and I also want to keep their helmet :xcahik_: ;) the face part ;) So.... very possible ;) That list on the Rhun page is just something I want to do, but it changes often ;)

Hm, since we used the term Soldiers of WR, I forgot that you described them with spears :D And I'd rather not have them with two swords, or to have anything with Khôragan to do ;) And they would not be single units, they would be a very good horde of troops, but their weapon isn't in my sight yet... it can be a spear, but as you said, they have lots of... it will probably turn out to be swords for them ;) (scimtars or whatever ;)) and maybe some shields... I'll also do much to see that these are not to be confused with the ordinary troopers ;) to many look-alikes in Rhûn already :p Gondor to for that matter....

The spearmen of Gondor are indeed a basic spearmen unit, but that doesn't make them weaker than the spearmen of WR.... after all, they have both been in peace for a time, so no veterans ;)

and eh, I'm not to sure about the Fountain Guards... I could throw them in, as uber units, only 1 or 2 hordes allowed... but that job is for the Citadel Guards really, only, limited to 4 hordes....

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#65 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 27 June 2007 - 05:26 PM

Then they could be "Rhunic Royal Guard" (so King Brundhan's personal guardsmen), with long scimitars, heavy armor and capes (red or black capes, perhaps). But, to make them more different, they could have a more "royal" appearence aside from the capes.

And then they could be the "elite" unit for Rhun, just like Citadel Guards for Gondor !!!

...and so, the problem is solved :xcahik_:
Posted Image
---

#66 Eonwe

Eonwe

title available

• Project Team
  • 534 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 06:44 PM

Yeah, I was going to ask about the tower guard.

Will the factions have newer armor? Like slightly different from the WOTR era. Also will the Haradrim still have Mumakils?

#67 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 27 June 2007 - 07:08 PM

I think the armors will be different at some parts, but nothing really great change, judging from the pictures so far.

And as far as I know, Harad WILL have Mumakils - gonna' trample Knights of Dol Amroth, yeah :xcahik_:
Posted Image
---

#68 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 10:03 PM

1) How much do you think LOTR armor change on 200 years, aye? ;) Slight differences, but also remember the ones that werent' in the movies ;) And now, many of the pictures you've seen, are irrelevant ;)

2) Why would they loose the mumakil? ;) It's something I like, and want ;)

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#69 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 28 June 2007 - 07:37 AM

Don't forget about this one, Lauri:

Then they could be "Rhunic Royal Guard" (so King Brundhan's personal guardsmen), with long scimitars, heavy armor and capes (red or black capes, perhaps). But, to make them more different, they could have a more "royal" appearence aside from the capes.

And then they could be the "elite" unit for Rhun, just like Citadel Guards for Gondor !!!

Posted Image
---

#70 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 11:09 AM

I haven't, but they probably won't be that ;) I'd like them more like stormtroopers rather than guards... after all, royal guards are there to protect their king, and other high-ranking members of their land. But I want these guys to be the first assault stormtroopers to charge, and also survive with more alive than dead ;)

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#71 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 28 June 2007 - 11:24 AM

But they still could be elite units, right ? So only 3-4 battalions would be allowed. Hmm... no Royal Guards... then what...

- Harbringers of Rhun -

Description: "The Harbringers are the most elite warriors Rhun has at its disposal. Only the most endurant, bravest and experienced warriors are allowed to join the Harbringers. They are the first in the charge and the last in retreat. The Harbringers are a well-organized force, able to endure large amount of punishment and hold back even cavalry charges on their own, while delivering powerful strikes, breaking trough the enemy lines and turning seemingly lost battles into glorius victories for Rhun."
Posted Image
---

#72 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 11:36 AM

something like that.... only, the may not get the limit ;) and eh... I'd like some more names on them.... I personally don't like Harbringers... reminds me about Star Wars ;) Maybe Black Easterlings ;) or, Easterling Elite, Easterling Stormtroopers, Easterling Command, Easterlng Commando, Commando of Rhûn, Rhûnic Commando... ;) I suck at names... still, I don't really like Harbringers...

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#73 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 28 June 2007 - 12:00 PM

Understandable... they don't sound too Tolkien-ish.

Black Easterlings ? No... I think this name is more fitting to an elite Rhunic group led by Khoragan. And you said you don't want them to be connected to Khoragan.

Hmm...

- Veterans of Southern Rhun -

Basic description: They are from smaller Rhunic groups who rebelled against Gondor before the real war broke out. Now they had been awarded with the honor of being the first in battle... thanks to their battle experience, and their new equipment (since they weren't considered as rebels anymore, but rather heroes, and were provided with the best equipment), they can take on any challenge.

NOTE: Why, there were rebellions against Gondor, weren't there ?

Or...

- Stormbringers of Rhun -

(Same description as the Harbringers')

Or...

- Dragon Warriors -

(NOTE: Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't that animal on the old Rhunic banner similar to a dragon ?)

Just a few quick ideas. Maybe the "Stormbringer" could work.
Posted Image
---

#74 Eonwe

Eonwe

title available

• Project Team
  • 534 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 07:37 PM

Will the website be updatead soon, Its just that when I look under Gondor there is nothing there except King Eldaravir.

I also noticed in one of your screenshots 5 soldiers with only green armor. Are they SF units? or Ithilien Soldiers?

Edited by Lord of the Grunts, 03 July 2007 - 07:38 PM.

#75 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 08:47 PM

what browser are you using? cause the website is fully funtional here ;)

those 5 soldiers are suppose to have random colours, and if you'd read the Gondor page (hehe, I know you haven't :grin:) you'd see that they are Soldiers of the Southern Fiefdom indeed :xcahik_: Nothing but Marksmen of Ithilien from Ithilien in this mod :xcahik_:

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#76 Eonwe

Eonwe

title available

• Project Team
  • 534 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 12:06 AM

I do not know what I am using but only the top pics. EX. First pics on page come up. Pages are gondor, rohan, harad, and rhun.

#77 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 01:24 PM

;) you seriously don't know what browser your using?
it can be Mozilla Firefox, it can be Opera (I'm using that), or it can be Internet Explorer.... it can of course be other things, but those are the most common I think....

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#78 Eonwe

Eonwe

title available

• Project Team
  • 534 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 04:07 AM

I am using Internet explorer I think.

#79 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 10:39 AM

what version? 5, 6, 7? The site will have problems with 5 and 6 I think :p You should upgrade to 7, and if it still doesn't work, you should get Firefox :p I'll have to check out my site on my laptop though.... (the one with IE7)

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#80 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 28 July 2007 - 06:21 AM

Is it just me or this forum is really that silent since I left to work on Wars of the East* ? I don't see to many discussions and etc. going on...

*and I worked so hard that I earned the rank of Project Member :)
Posted Image
---

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users