#1 Calamity_Jones

Calamity_Jones

Boomers Disposable Minion

• Project Team
  • 2,399 posts
  • Projects:Only War 2
  •  The Lurker-Turned-Poster-Turned-Lurker

Posted 24 April 2007 - 11:30 AM

Yep, them scumbags you see on street corners. Quoth Wikipedia: "They are generally considered to have no respect for society, and be ignorant or unintelligent." Worse than the bloody Jews!

So.. What does everyone think of these lot? I personally loathe the lot of em, but then, I don’t like many things ;) They’re the dregs of society, bilge water, sewage, a horde of unpleasant idiots. I don’t mind the ones who are friendly, my sister has a few friends a bit like that. It’s the malevolent ones I hate. Them little bastard kids with that nasty look in their small, stupid eyes, walking around as if they’re the upper echelon of society!

Now, I know they’re just another youth subculture… But still, they’re a horrible lot! And yes, they’re not the only youth subculture to have gone around annoying people, smashing up bus stops and windows and generally being arse holes :xd:

But then, we’re another subculture (Okay, some of us here aren’t “youths”) sweaty, pale skinned, frail, greasy haired gamer types… You know, spontaneous combustion in natural light, aversion to social contact unless digitally transmitted and nimble thumbs…

Is this just another youth culture war… or is it something all the more sinister? (Ominous strings fade in)

On the topic of subcultures, I just read this on wikipedia regarding "emo's"... Nearly pissed myself, it's so damn on the mark! :)

Critics cast the music as lacking any artistic merit, the fashion as "embarrassing" and members of the subculture as imagining or pretending that they lead harsh, painful lives when they actually live in comfortable, upper- to middle class homes.[12] Members of the emo subculture are portrayed by critics as melodramatic, self-pitying teenagers who pour their efforts into writing bad poetry and spending a great amount of time on MySpace.

Emo's aren't so bad, as long as they're not bantering on with the "I'm depressed! I want to kill myself!" Nonsense. Like Paradox has said, get it over and done with! :)

Edited by Calamity_Jones, 24 April 2007 - 11:44 AM.

Posted Image

#2 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Artist

Posted 24 April 2007 - 11:45 AM

the chav thread returns.

imo chav culture is a example of people with little care for the society they live in. people who just want to live with the minimum amount of work and minimum amount of contact with the boring parts of society.

if i was a politician these days, i wouldnt be too angry about chavs becoming a major part of society, as they seem easy to manipulate into doing the stuff that you want them to do with a few sweet words and fauxian deals.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#3 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 24 April 2007 - 01:22 PM

OMG calamity jones
"Worse than the bloody Jews!" ;)
FINALLY SOMEONE WHO SHARES MY VIEW! :)
well tbh i have a confesion.
yes i do game a lot and enjoy it...but i definatly wouldnt describe my self as gressy hair or combusting in natural light. i have a social life and do other things than besides game. and i havent got a feeble body :xd:

i also owned a lot of burberry....and of course it was fake increasing the chavness. i had a coat...fully lined inside with burberry. but i never had a burberry baseball cap. also i have loads of sports stuff (addidas etc) and jewelarry from argos... so i might be considered a chav. also i drink...do drugs (stopped the drugs now-except laughing gas which is the best thing gas one could inhale!) (started both at like 14) lol.
i got rid of the coat and now just have burberry polo shirts :) i also have a lot of respect for people and am (usually-unless pissed off) polite to every person i meat. and i cant wait to start working. after GCSE's over and all.

HOWEVER..... i do not behave like one....eg smashing car windows... mugging old blind ladies and graffitting everywhere. i fucking loath the people who do. no need for it. i am intelligent and am literate (i cant spell well...partly due to dyslexia) and do other activites which dont involve hanging around street corners "grebbing" on passers by drinking cider and i dont tuck my "trackie B's" into my socks whilist im pulling a "bad ass" wheelie on my BMX , and i dont know peoplw like" Scotty B" or "BEzzin" or "Big Mike" or what ever the fuck they call them selves.

so i think they the rest of them who behave like that need to be kept somewhere in a learning insitiute........ i know....
A FUCKING SCHOOL!

Edited by olli, 24 April 2007 - 01:23 PM.

Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#4 Comrade Kal

Comrade Kal

Blur are better than Oasis

• Members
  • 2,491 posts
  • Projects:The revolution
  •  Terrorist

Posted 24 April 2007 - 02:40 PM

It isn't funny, it's been done to death, nobody cares, it's totally unimportant, it's blown out of proportion by anybody, the whole concept and idea is about five years old, the newspapers exaggerate, you're agreeing with the daily mail here, nobody finds it funny anymore apart from the terminally sad, lonely, and socially-incompetent-and-not-in-an-intelligent-way-either, everybody has moved on and it's utterly lacking in any sort of merit whatsoever.

It's unimportant youth subculture groups that we've all discussed a million times already that will fade away in a couple of years like everything else.

They are also people.
Posted Image

"To be governed is tragic, to govern is pathetic."

#5 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 24 April 2007 - 04:03 PM

Chavs aren't people. Neither are emos.

They're a plague. Like politicians, lawyers and accountants.

#6 Comrade Kal

Comrade Kal

• Members
  • 2,491 posts
  •  Terrorist

Posted 24 April 2007 - 04:08 PM

Thank you for taking my comments to heart and coming up with something startlingly original.
Posted Image

#7 Comrade Kal

Comrade Kal

• Members
  • 2,491 posts
  •  Terrorist

Posted 24 April 2007 - 05:13 PM

We either need a cure forit or we have to start excecuting at least 10 chavs per day. Maybe that will solve the problem.

Presumably we can do the same for gamers then
Posted Image

#8 Elerium

Elerium

Road test? Me? But I gotta go save the world!

• Project Team
  • 631 posts
  •  Temporal Agent

Posted 24 April 2007 - 06:06 PM

At least by the 'gamers' you are referring to have something called intellect and can contribute to society unlike chavs who feed off benefits and are good for nothing as they spit at you in the street?

I take it Kal hasn't seen the true face of chavs.

Edited by Elerium, 24 April 2007 - 06:07 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore

Posted 24 April 2007 - 06:36 PM

Possibly. and Kal...
if its been discussed....then theres no need for you to post in it. you can ignore it. simple. if you dont like it..move on.

i think a chav can be defined by his actions...not just the clothes he wears. i mean if an emo was graffitting and smashing windows and talking like a dick.. you would call him a chav, because thats how they behave and that isnt how an emo behaves.
if a chav was walking around crying with his head down low with a fringe across his face then you proabably wouldnt call him a chav.. because he isnt acting "hard"

the clothes are just a trademark of them....its part of the package, however it doesnt have to be both, you could be one or the other. for me it was the clothes, and not the behavoir. im a normal perosn (well...im not anti social...but completely random and crazy) but i just liked burberry (dont wear it so much now) and and i like sports clothes...especially when there 5 quid a top.

Edited by olli, 24 April 2007 - 06:38 PM.

Posted Image
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

#10 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2007 - 09:21 PM

(Kal)

Well we should jail all gamers because all emos are a threat to society because they are telling kids to kill themselves, and all chavs are spitting at people, and all gamers are trying to hack into the pentagon to fire the nukes.

#11 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 10:05 PM

Kal, I did take your comments to heart. I just took it as moot that you were wrong on this one. :lol:

Seriously, dude, chav does not refer to 'anyone who wears sportswear and fake burberry and dumbass stupid fake gold-plated bullshit'. Chav refers to a specific subset. The dickheads who strut around like morons thinking they own the place, with an IQ lower than the amount of kids given birth to by a male human and whose interests include 'spitting', 'fighting', 'signing on' and 'graffiti'.

You know what I mean, man. Come to Barnsley. Or indeed anywhere in Yorkshire. THEN tell me Chavs are human fucking beings.

As for emos? They don't do anyone any harm except themselves. That's fine by me. But I can't help but secretly wish there was a God. Maybe He might have the shred of mercy upon my eyes and their dignity that he might actually point them in the direction of some decent clothes.

To each his own. However I reserve the right to think they're complete cockbites.

#12 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2007 - 10:38 PM

I live on a council estate.

Do not class people by what they wear or some sort of twisted demographic. There are individuals and nothing more.

All gamers are overweight specky geeks who have social problems and will never have sex until they are well into their 20s.

There.

#13 Blodo

Blodo

The one who disagrees

• Project Team
  • 3,002 posts
  • Projects:siteMeister, Mental Omega
  •  The wise guy

Posted 25 April 2007 - 01:38 AM

Dudes. Not all gamers have intellect.
Proof? Demon of Razgriz/Airman/Airhead.

You guys got any idea if theres any chavs in Texas, do you?

Edited by Blodo, 25 April 2007 - 01:39 AM.

ARGUMENT FROM CREATION, a.k.a. ARGUMENT FROM PERSONAL INCREDULITY (I)
(1) If evolution is false, then creationism is true, and therefore God exists.
(2) Evolution can't be true, since I lack the mental capacity to understand it; moreover, to accept its truth would cause me to be uncomfortable.
(3) Therefore, God exists.

#14 Calamity_Jones

Calamity_Jones

• Project Team
  • 2,399 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 06:54 AM

Whoa... sweet Satans slave sauce! Rapid replies...

Hehe ;) Your posts fill me with a joy not unlike that of a serial killed hunting his prey.

Has anyone noticed that all Chavs are called either "Mate" or "Dave"? Listen to them having a "conversation"... We need to have a good war with somebody, rope the chavs around vehicles as armour plating :p Their thick skulls should block anti armour weapons!

Anyway... I do think they'll eventually vanish and be replaced by another horde... it's just a silly fad like emo culture. They'll all eventually look back when they're older and realise how stupid they looked. Regardless of how long chavs last, they're still a horrible lot!

Edited by Calamity_Jones, 25 April 2007 - 06:56 AM.

Posted Image

#15 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 07:47 AM

serial killed hunting his prey

How can one who has been killed hunt anything?

And read my post again, Kal. I did say not all sportswear/fake-burberry wearers were chavs. Although it would round up to be a large percentile of them.

And you're a gamer too, Kal. I guess the joke's on you!

Edited by Paradox, 25 April 2007 - 07:48 AM.

#16 Calamity_Jones

Calamity_Jones

• Project Team
  • 2,399 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 08:35 AM

God... Bloody Typo's! I meant "killer" of course...
Posted Image

#17 Comrade Kal

Comrade Kal

• Members
  • 2,491 posts
  •  Terrorist

Posted 25 April 2007 - 01:38 PM

Congratulations. You've just cancelled out your own post. You tell us you do not catorgorise others and immediatley after, you catogorise "all gamers". Furthermore, you start your post with something completely meaningless and irrelivent to the rest of the post. I would ask why, but I don't think I could handle anymore stupidity tonight. ;)

yes, i was seeing how you like to be categorised. i don't think that, i was giving an example to point out how moronic your 'lets believe the papers and agree with them because i have no mind of my own' mindset is
Posted Image

#18 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 05:22 PM

two different sides here.

Kal... let me get this straight. you think the papers lie about chavs? you think its all made up? then you havent ever seen a chav.

and calamity jones....add Scotty B or Bezzin to the list. ive over heard many of thier conversations and think there so funny! have any of you seen Devvo on Fat pie? hes an actor...but that is EXACTLY how they behave. i usually over hear them when passing outside Mcdonalds...or MAccy D's as they call it.

Paradox "And read my post again, Kal. I did say not all sportswear/fake-burberry wearers were chavs. Although it would round up to be a large percentile of them"

E.G ME! (like i say... i wear the clothes (less burberry now) but i dont behave like one)

"fake gold-plated bullshit'" ;) like the "bad-ass" gold rims on their pimped up fiat Panda...with a "fat ass" exhaust and "pumpin" bass system...all paid for by the good tax payer ofcourse.

"I live on a council estate.

Do not class people by what they wear or some sort of twisted demographic. There are individuals and nothing more.

All gamers are overweight specky geeks who have social problems and will never have sex until they are well into their 20s.

There."

i take it that was Kal?
Posted Image

#19 Comrade Kal

Comrade Kal

• Members
  • 2,491 posts
  •  Terrorist

Posted 25 April 2007 - 07:56 PM

they lie about how they're the harbingers of destruction and to lock up your children and watch the house prices etc etc

they are people and it isn't fucking clever to say "ooh they're not" whilst tittering away to yourself with a load of equally stereotypable idiots.
Posted Image

#20 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 08:44 PM

yes ture.... i agree with that..however all the papers sex up a lot of things.

and im not saying there not people...i have a few friends who were/and are chavs. i really dont like the way they behave, i tell them that its out of fucking line, and most of them dont care.

when they behave in such a manner, thats when people say "there not people or humans"
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users