Photo

Factions

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Poll: Arnor

Keep Arnor?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Keep Angmar? Just thought I'd ask this one

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Keep Rohan in multiplayer?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 30 April 2007 - 08:38 PM

The problem with adding evil men faction for campaigne is that rhun and harad are really far away from eachother. The solution to this would be to add another hero to control them (which I would do anyway) or just disable building rhun units on harad maps and harad units on rhun maps. All in all though, id be for evil men because this is a wotr stroyline, and im sure ud figure out ways to make them awesome besides the fact theyve been done so many times.

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#22 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  crazy coder

Posted 07 May 2007 - 08:18 AM

The problem with adding evil men faction for campaigne is that rhun and harad are really far away from eachother. The solution to this would be to add another hero to control them (which I would do anyway) or just disable building rhun units on harad maps and harad units on rhun maps. All in all though, id be for evil men because this is a wotr stroyline, and im sure ud figure out ways to make them awesome besides the fact theyve been done so many times.

I'm in the process of designing how the faction would work. There are soooo many evil men factions, that I'm afraid for this one to be a cookie-cutter, especially without a modeler or any team.

As for the campaign - I will have different maps based on the different sides, but I'm still deciding whether to have 1 or 2 heroes for evil men.

#23 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  crazy coder

Posted 08 May 2007 - 05:38 AM

As mentioned in the other post, I think I figured out what the problem was with the AI for Rohan and I'll be able to have as many factions as I want. The only items that I think will not be able to manage for the new factions - Create A Hero will not be allowed, select all heroes buttons wll not have a texture, and I think the WotR AI will not work but I'm trying to figure out what I can do for these.

So I will not HAVE to remove Arnor to get Rohan to work correctly so Arnor is spared. I'll work on fleshing them out to be their own faction.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users