Photo

New good faction?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

Poll: New good faction (26 member(s) have cast votes)

Which of these factions do you think is the best?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 IthronAiwendil

IthronAiwendil

Retired modder

• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts
  • Projects:None
  •  Coder, skinner, modeler, art guy

Posted 26 April 2007 - 05:52 AM

The current Poll is about a new faction that I might create for my mod. This faction is a good faction, so that there would be 4 evil and 4 good factions in the game. Now you have a chance to show your opinion about what you would like to see as a new good faction in WotE. The faction will be replacing Arnor.

Info about the factions:
Rohan - This faction would work the same way as in BfME I, but it would of course have plenty of new units. If I would add Rohan, MotW would be changed to Gondor.

Hobbits - This would be a light faction that would rely on massive armies (quantity over quality). They would have a wide range of heroes, including the 4 Hobbits and Bilbo, farmer Maggot and Tom Bombadil and Goldberry.

Dale - This faction would include units from Esgaroth, Dale and maybe some Woodmen and Beornings. They would concentrate on infantry and would have a wide range of strong but expensive units.

Cuivienen/Dorwinion - This is my favourite of all the 4. The faction would include Men of Hildorien, Elves of Quivienen, Dwarves of Orocarni and the merchants of Dorwinion. They would have several unique heroes such as Alatar the Blue and Borlach, the leader of the good Men of the East.

Edited by IthronAiwendil, 28 April 2007 - 09:29 AM.

#2 Juissi

Juissi

AWESOM-O

• Hosted
  • 1,555 posts
  • Projects:Last Alliance modification, The Hobbit mod
  •  Forger Of (Last) Alliance

Posted 26 April 2007 - 06:02 AM

Cuivienen/Dorwinion sounds most original imo and I voted for that :huh:

#3 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 26 April 2007 - 09:55 AM

Your mod is about the east, which strikes out Rohan/Hobbits. Dale has also been done before, so I lean towards the other one :huh:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#4 GilGalad

GilGalad

High King of Noldor

• Project Team
  • 171 posts
  • Projects:Beta Tester of- Wars of the East( i was when Ithon still was here)
  •  Follower of Helms Deep Last Hope, WotE, S.E.E and RJ ROTWK.

Posted 26 April 2007 - 03:18 PM

If i could vote i'll vote on dorwinion/cuivienen :thumbsupsmiley: but the poll is alredy finished :thumbsupsmiley:
Thank you Ithron for the avatar
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 IthronAiwendil

IthronAiwendil

Retired modder

• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 03:21 PM

How come? Well, I can edit the post and add your vote :thumbsupsmiley:

#6 GrandMoffDima

GrandMoffDima

2nd of the Nine

• Project Team
  • 103 posts
  • Projects:Winds of the East (Own BFME project)

Posted 26 April 2007 - 03:26 PM

What Dorvinion NOOOOOO. This will be some diot Faction Rohan is the best.

#7 IthronAiwendil

IthronAiwendil

Retired modder

• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 03:34 PM

Rohan is an overused faction, Dorwinion is really unique. And after all, this is the Wars of the East :thumbsupsmiley:

#8 JEV3

JEV3

Mighty Armadillo

• Hosted
  • 719 posts
  • Projects:Game Enhancement Mod
  •  Coder, Skinner, Graphics, GEM Mod Leader
  • Job:T3A Chamber Member

Posted 26 April 2007 - 05:27 PM

Cuivenen:

These are men who never traveled into the west with their kin, and in the early days Morgoth seduced their leaders who became the evil easterlings, some of which came into the west for promise of land... Meanwhile the good people of Cuivenen were bent under the rule of the Easterlings... Yet in secret they had made weapons and some crude armor, but with each revolt they were only more severely treated and their weapons were destroyed...

In the second age they tried once again to revolt making underground tunnels to sneak away... but a traitor betrayed them to the Easterlings for want of riches, so the Easterlings quelled their rebellion and destroyed most of the entrances to the tunnels. But as a reward the traitor got only death by the cruel easterlings... The folk of Cuivenen were enslaved once again, but some remained in the tunnels, and they prepared to set their kindred free...

Then two old men in blue arrived, and they parted, one planning to go to the outcasts and help them, the other trying to get on the inside... Pallando, the one on the inside discovered that the easterlings had by chance, recovered the lost palantir of osgiliath in one of their unsuccessful invasions where many had to swim across the rivers to escape... Pallando counseled the king to treat the men of cuivenen good in hopes that they might join them when they went to war... He also claimed that he was the only with the strength of mind to hold the palantir to his sway, and to see what happened in the West...

But Pallando met his match in...

Left it at a cliffhanger... :thumbsupsmiley: The rest of it is attached... anyways I have already written a (semi)full story for Cuivenen and I think that it would be neat to see an army from a part of Middle-earth never truly glimpsed in Tolkien's works...

Dale and Dorwinion\Cuivenen are really the only plausible choices as this is Wars of the East, and since I've never seen a D\C faction before I'd like to see one... and besides I did write their story so it isn't likely I'd vote for anyone else...
He who bears skill but lacks effort, makes himself inferior to those who have no skill but try nonetheless.
Posted Image
Posted Image
"There is some good in this world, and its worth fighting for!"
J.M.J.

#9 IthronAiwendil

IthronAiwendil

Retired modder

• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 05:57 PM

I read your story and I have to admit it was pretty amazing. I really like the way you inlcuded all the Rhunic heroes in the story (even Groth the Worm :thumbsupsmiley:). And I guess C/D is going to win the poll so that's probably going to be the new good faction. Making the faction will be really interesting...

#10 tubaloticus

tubaloticus
  • Members
  • 37 posts
  • Projects:WotE Beta Tester, 2D artist
  •  Just here to help...

Posted 28 April 2007 - 07:26 AM

i clicked the other option, but i changed my mind straigth away lol i reckon the Cuivenen would be ebst after reading the story that are new and have an interesting heritage, they suit the mod perfectly. nice story by the way
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Caluadan

Caluadan

"When you cease to exist, then who will you blame?"

• Project Team
  • 1,101 posts
  • Projects:Wars of the East
  •  Artist, Skinner, Modeller, Website Designer

Posted 28 April 2007 - 08:55 AM

hobbits ftw :p
Posted Image
Posted Image
My artwork this far
| Battles of Gondor | Wars of the East | Last Alliance

Positive to nuclear energy, taxes (preferably high) and the European Union
Negative to car traffic and US foreign policy

#12 deviant

deviant
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 09:16 AM

Cuivenen:

These are men who never traveled into the west with their kin, and in the early days Morgoth seduced their leaders who became the evil easterlings, some of which came into the west for promise of land... Meanwhile the good people of Cuivenen were bent under the rule of the Easterlings... Yet in secret they had made weapons and some crude armor, but with each revolt they were only more severely treated and their weapons were destroyed...

In the second age they tried once again to revolt making underground tunnels to sneak away... but a traitor betrayed them to the Easterlings for want of riches, so the Easterlings quelled their rebellion and destroyed most of the entrances to the tunnels. But as a reward the traitor got only death by the cruel easterlings... The folk of Cuivenen were enslaved once again, but some remained in the tunnels, and they prepared to set their kindred free...

Then two old men in blue arrived, and they parted, one planning to go to the outcasts and help them, the other trying to get on the inside... Pallando, the one on the inside discovered that the easterlings had by chance, recovered the lost palantir of osgiliath in one of their unsuccessful invasions where many had to swim across the rivers to escape... Pallando counseled the king to treat the men of cuivenen good in hopes that they might join them when they went to war... He also claimed that he was the only with the strength of mind to hold the palantir to his sway, and to see what happened in the West...

But Pallando met his match in...

Left it at a cliffhanger... :p The rest of it is attached... anyways I have already written a (semi)full story for Cuivenen and I think that it would be neat to see an army from a part of Middle-earth never truly glimpsed in Tolkien's works...

Dale and Dorwinion\Cuivenen are really the only plausible choices as this is Wars of the East, and since I've never seen a D\C faction before I'd like to see one... and besides I did write their story so it isn't likely I'd vote for anyone else...

Attached? Where? I don't see a link, but maybe it's just me. Sorry to be such a noob, but I would really like to read your story. BTW, I don't seem to be able to vote. Is it just because I'm new?

#13 IthronAiwendil

IthronAiwendil

Retired modder

• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 09:20 AM

The story can be found here:
http://forums.revora...t...st&id=14559

deviant, what faction would you have voted for? I can add your vote to the poll if you're having problems with voting :p

#14 deviant

deviant
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 09:24 AM

The story can be found here:
http://forums.revora...t...st&id=14559

deviant, what faction would you have voted for? I can add your vote to the poll if you're having problems with voting :p

Thank you very much. My vote goes to Cuivienen/Dorwinion.

#15 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 28 April 2007 - 03:58 PM

Heres an idea ill just throw out there. Since this is Wars of the East, certain factions or elements of factions really had nothing to do with the east at all, so why not remove them? This would open up new spaces for factions if you decided to split evil men or dorwinion/cuivienen. I think it would be awesome if it focused just on the east without any other influences.

The factions Im talking about removing are motw, isengard, angmar (which is probably already gone), elves (elements of them would be in d/c), and maybe dwarves, pending on what you wanna do to them.

If that seemed completely crazy, then just ignore all of it, but thats just how I brainstorm :p

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#16 Juissi

Juissi

AWESOM-O

• Hosted
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 04:40 PM

Imo that would be waaaayyyy too much work for mod which has no modeler :p

#17 IthronAiwendil

IthronAiwendil

Retired modder

• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 05:07 PM

Makaveli is right :p And sinc I've already made so mcuh stuff for all the existing factions, even Angmar, I wouln't really want to throw that work away... 2 new factions are already enough.

#18 Juissi

Juissi

AWESOM-O

• Hosted
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 05:10 PM

Yea and afterall, 2 new factions=More than what Ea gave us in ROTWk :p

#19 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 28 April 2007 - 05:48 PM

yep lol. i didnt really expect that to be used, but as i said, thats just how i brainstorm. Once in a while i actually come up with something useful! :p

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#20 Lord Homer of Shire

Lord Homer of Shire
  • Members
  • 47 posts
  •  Professional Hobbitpawner

Posted 29 April 2007 - 08:55 AM

I voted Dale, but Dorwinion/Cuivenen is awesome too :)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users