Mighty Armadillo

• Hosted
  • 719 posts
  • Projects:Game Enhancement Mod
  •  Coder, Skinner, Graphics, GEM Mod Leader
  • Job:T3A Chamber Member

Posted 26 April 2007 - 03:24 PM

Hi,
My favorite aspect about CnC is the wildlife that poses a threat to you... There was one mission where you fought solely against the tiberian things... Are they in CnC3 or at least in the WB? And what about Veinholes, would that be able to work in CnC3 because the way they worked in FS was pretty cool...

Personally I think that if EA really got rid of all the Tiberian Wildlife that was a big mistake, they were one of the coolest aspects of CnC that sort of gave it an edge...

Edited by JEV3, 26 April 2007 - 03:24 PM.

He who bears skill but lacks effort, makes himself inferior to those who have no skill but try nonetheless.
Posted Image
Posted Image
"There is some good in this world, and its worth fighting for!"
J.M.J.

#2 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Grumble Grumble.

• Division Leaders
  • 2,946 posts
  • Projects:The Third War, Ares, misc side projects.
  •  Strategist and Modder
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:Division Leader
  • Association

Posted 26 April 2007 - 03:33 PM

The only part of the Tiberium wildlife in C&C3 is the Visceroid, but they don't appear the same way as they did in FS. In Tiberian Sun and FS there was a chance you could spawn a Visceroid when an infantry died in a Tiberium field, or was killed by Tiberium gas (spawned by Veinholes, Chemical Missile). In C&C3 the Visceroids are solely spawned from an infantry being killed by the Scrin Corrupter's weapon. And it always creates a Visceroid as far as I can see. At least in TS there was some level of chance to it.

Edit: I have noticed though, looking through WorldBuilder, that EA were originally planning on using Tiberium Trees. Under ByNativeType > Neutral > MISC_NATURAL you will find two items called 'TibTree01' and 'TibTree02', which are just big red 'Delete Me' boxes. Why, if they were going to use the Blossom Trees again, change their mind?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Job Openings with the Guild: Division Staff, News Posters.
Job Openings with Ares: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.

PM if interested.

#3 Mighty BOB!

Mighty BOB!

Deranged Weasel

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 10:51 PM

Short answer: No, none of the cool stuff is in C&C3.
WOL nick: migtybob

We are living in a post-common sense society.

#4 JEV3

JEV3

Mighty Armadillo

• Hosted
  • 719 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 02:23 AM

Long answer? I asked more questions than that... I also included questions about the possibilities of adding them in...
He who bears skill but lacks effort, makes himself inferior to those who have no skill but try nonetheless.
Posted Image
Posted Image
J.M.J.

#5 Mighty BOB!

Mighty BOB!

Deranged Weasel

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 04:44 AM

Part II.

It is possible to add all the plants and animals. Veinholes would be the hardest but those are probably possible. As long as TW is at least as mod-able as ZH. The SDK will determine that.

#6 GodSun666

GodSun666

Marching Trough The Eternal Fields Of Chaos!

• Banned
  • 1,439 posts
  • Projects:Fast Fun And Crazy for Red Alert 3

Posted 27 April 2007 - 02:19 PM

well i geuss ea just kept the good stuff out. and will add it with the expansion. i geuss thats why the delete me boxes and such. so i think the expansion will add most of the stuff back. i think we can expect the expansion in end 2007 or begining 2008 / mid 2008. there also maybe released a generals 2 or such or bfme3. before the release of the expansion from C&CTW. thats where my bets are for. i hope theyll make renegade2!!! but those chances are 0% - 50%.
для матери Россия! Советский Союз победит! Америка может облизывать мои яйца
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Grumble Grumble.

• Division Leaders
  • 2,946 posts
  •  Strategist and Modder
  • Association

Posted 27 April 2007 - 03:47 PM

also maybe released a generals 2

Dear God no!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image

PM if interested.

#8 JEV3

JEV3

Mighty Armadillo

• Hosted
  • 719 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 05:28 PM

I'm pretty sure they won't make another Renegade because I read in Wikipedia that they were planning to, but eventually didn't so to make it up to the community they released SDK's and High-quality models so they could make their own expansions (mods)

EDIT: If they are going to make another rts I'm sure it will be LotR related because they revealed that they are working on a secret game for LotR, but they didn't say what genre is it was or what platforms it would support (I guess that is why its a secret)

Also Generals was an experiment, they wanted to see if a modern game would be more popular than their current sci-fi games... and since Generals really wasn't that popular I think that would convince them to concentrate on Fantasy and/or Sci-fi... in particular CnC and LotR...

EDIT2: Got that info from Wikipedia too... :evgr:

Edited by JEV3, 27 April 2007 - 05:32 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
J.M.J.

#9 GodSun666

GodSun666

• Banned
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 08:34 PM

Wow, do you live at wikepeda or such:P joking. but i want Renegade 2:P. if i have better modding skills(lots of asspects) and can find people who are willing to help on createing renegade 2. i might make a mod or game Called: Command And Kill 2 .. lol thats a nice name:). but i geuss i only maybe make a mod or such. but i first need to learn to 3d model alot better. and boost up my textureing skills:P since my 3dmoddeling/textureing is far from good but not bad:P. and no i wont show something because you all will laugh:P.

Greetz ~godsun
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2007 - 08:14 AM

The reason why EA didn't add any Tiberium life forms is because Tiberium is evoluating and changing over the time (according to the story)! It isn't organic, it never was... at the beginning it mutated organic life forms to use them to spread more Tiberium but now in C&C3, Tiberium kills all carbon based and organic life forms, even its own life forms like the vein holes and the blossom tries (when u play the map Tiberium Garden III on multiplayer u can see lots of dead blossom trees). The new form of Tiberium in year 2047 is making anything that it touches to more of itself; Tiberium now even grows on stones, pavements or metal! Nothing can stop it anymore except the disruption crystals which Kane wanted to steal in Tiberian Sun because he knew that GDI would find out one day that they can be used to contain Tiberium growth! This new evolution of Tiberium shows us that it isn't a terra forming life form, like GDI and NOD scientists were speculating in Tiberian Dawn and Tiberian Sun... in Tiberium Wars we begin to understand that Tiberium is only extracting all the resources that can be found on earth and its purpose is for harvesting, exactly what the Scrin want to do, nothing more :sad2:

#11 TX1138

TX1138

TEXT UNRELATED

• Project Team
  • 866 posts
  • Projects:...
  •  Giant Spectrum Panda

Posted 20 June 2007 - 11:37 AM

Uh... :sad2: That explains a lot...
Posted Image

Realism is so overrated it isn't even funny. You already know what happens in reality, how is that entertaining...?

#12 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:55 PM

... and still doesn't make the atmosphere of CNC3 (maps) any better. I prefer the Tiberian Sun version, it looks just much more threatening when you can see that everything is mutating.

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#13 Carnotaurus

Carnotaurus
  • Project Team
  • 101 posts
  • Projects:.Secret.
  •  Resident (amateur) paleontologist

Posted 20 June 2007 - 03:57 PM

WTF at Guest. Just because the enviorment is 'constantly' changing doesnt mean animals suddenly disappear in 20 years tops(!?) and are their niches go unfilled(unless GDI has been eliminating these animals). During the Early Cretaceous(after a mass extinction during the Jurassic Period.),Flowers started to evolve, and animal life bounced back. As we get further in the Cretaceous, remains of Jurassic species die off(Sauropods, mostly in south-west United States), as their roles are replaced by new animals. Why were these animals dying off? A rapidly changing enviorment. Sauropods and other Jurassic herbivores probably couldnt digest the new Cretaceous plantlife springing up throughout the northern U.S.(Where we see early Ceratopsians coming in from Asia.), and stayed down in the South West, untill they themselves died off. Extinction isnt a 'poof, gone' process unless its manipulated by man or a catastrophe. The only catastrophe here was for the Sauropods, and the spread of flowering plants over millions of years. Tiberium Floaters dont go 'poof' for no reason without artificial hands in it. Hell, maybe this was only forming in one region of the world. Remember, the CABAL missions only took place in a certain area, and CABAL himself said that these were his 'latest experiments' with the tacitus. They may have been isolated to the region.

#14 Mighty BOB!

Mighty BOB!

Deranged Weasel

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 07:05 PM

I would have preferred if Tiberium Wars happened in between Westwood Tiberium and EA Tiberium as the old was evolving into the new. Then with both alongside one another you could see how the old elicited mutation, and then the new killed everything off; instead of an abrupt change.

#15 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 20 June 2007 - 10:45 PM

Ok guys relax, I have full intentions of bringing back tiberium creatures. It's not going to be that hard from my initial estimations.

See BFME has tons of animals complete with animations, all we have to do is retexture it, add some tiberiums fx and wammo. They's back.

They may not be the famous ones of old days, but it's a start to at least add some neutral lifeforms. Which as anyone noticed is absolutely nonexistant.

#16 FoRSAkeN_oNe

FoRSAkeN_oNe

Nexus Commander 00756

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 02:45 AM

True... there aren't even the random civilians you can kill anymore. :(

Furthermore, if you are going with the tiberium changing theory, then why could Mutants still survive?

Speaking of mutants... anyone else dislike the new mutants? I want my Ghostwalkers and Hyjackers, damnit.
Posted Image
Posted Image

And on the eighth day, god created kbyhil.hjfvgchtnm jhv o9, nhp;.
----------------------------------------------
Be young, have fun, taste ZOMGWTF.

<_<' ...Good day. -F1-

#17 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Grumble Grumble.

• Division Leaders
  • 2,946 posts
  •  Strategist and Modder
  • Association

Posted 21 June 2007 - 08:24 AM

The new mutants are rather overly clichéd. I mean, they sound like the Hulk, and they look like the Thing. At least the TS mutants had some originality to them.
Posted Image
Posted Image

PM if interested.

#18 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 21 June 2007 - 03:16 PM

Actually, they remind me of that Resident Evil: Apocalypse guy...

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#19 Casojin

Casojin

Democracy not Dictatorship

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 22 June 2007 - 06:45 PM

I agree that Tiberium lifeforms shouldn't be extinct in such a short time. And the new mutants look too uncivilized. Westwood has done a better thing. If Westwood were still operational, thing might be a lot better than this.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#20 GodSun666

GodSun666

• Banned
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 07:03 PM

if ea sells the C&C license (lots of cash they make :\) to petho and mike moves there.. we will have a good C&C(dohh half of the old westwoods are there!
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users