Photo

Skirmish AI 2.3 Beta 7 - Post Comments In Thread!

23 replies to this topic

#21 ThetaOrion

ThetaOrion

title available

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 09:22 PM

I was curious Thud, did you try a Commissar 'rush' on your IGvsNecron tests? Did it work for you?

If it works for you and provided the solution you were asking for back in Beta 6, then I would suggest making one of the 2.3 IG build programs so that it does NOT produce the Command Squad but instead produces and attaches all the Commissars it can produce and attach in Tier 1. Make attached Commissars the priority rush, and forget about the Command Squad until later.

I am curious to know if attaching Commissars to Guardsmen and using Execute was enough to get you into the game and keep you in the game during your IGvsNecron tests.

If it still doesn't doesn't solve your problem or answer the question you asked back in Beta 6, then I suppose this would be a subject for future balance mods, and a place for Aralez and Riker to start with when they start doing their thing with 2.3 of the AI Mod.

#22 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts
  • Projects:DoW AI Scripting Project
  • Division:DoW
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 28 April 2007 - 10:27 PM

An interesting approach! I tried a common approach for all races but it's very unreliable. On battle marshes it only worked sometimes.

Its working now. We'll call it Build8b for the testers and ensure they look to see the AI always has LPs built. I ran quite a few games on maps where I knew it was broken (AI would take forever to build LPs on strats, if ever) and now its solidly working. In fact, AI is much better with expanding on captured strats and building LPs then ever before.

I was curious Thud, did you try a Commissar 'rush' on your IGvsNecron tests? Did it work for you?

Yep.. It only worked in 1 of 20 games. Uhmm sad track record indeed :( . IG simply cannot handle our Necron AI well especially once Destroyers show up. Hell, half the games a Warrior rush was all that was needed to kill IG assets. Its was quite bad. I tried everything I could think of (more Guardmen squads, early GrenadeLaunchers for em, reinforce early, early Commissars, quick tech to vehicles).. nope.. was a Necron Steamroll through 99% of the games. All IG buildings are like paper to Necron Gauss firepower so spamming IG turrets is a waste. I had wished 2-3 Hellhounds (which are good anti-infantry/building) would have helped but their armour is so paper thin.. Ughhhhhhhhhhhh. Hmmm.. Chimera Rush? :p

Oh and... new build is up for the testers. Go to the new thread, plez! :p
Advanced Skirmish AI Team Lead for the coolest Warhammer40k PC RTS out there:

Dawn of War Advanced AI Headquarters

Latest DoW Advanced AI Download!

#23 ArkhanTheBlack

ArkhanTheBlack

title available

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 10:39 PM

Its working now. We'll call it Build8b for the testers and ensure they look to see the AI always has LPs built. I ran quite a few games on maps where I knew it was broken (AI would take forever to build LPs on strats, if ever) and now its solidly working. In fact, AI is much better with expanding on captured strats and building LPs then ever before.

Good work Thudo! I don't think I would have tried it with a basic build plan. If most maps are working now we can survive the problems on Battle Marshes. BTW, I posted the bug in the Relic technical support forums. I don't think anything will happen, but at least I tried...

#24 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts
  • Projects:DoW AI Scripting Project
  • Division:DoW
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 28 April 2007 - 10:53 PM

Teamwork = Ownz all! :p
Advanced Skirmish AI Team Lead for the coolest Warhammer40k PC RTS out there:

Dawn of War Advanced AI Headquarters