#1 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts
  • Projects:Helm's Deep Last Hope
  •  One who is not afraid of new challenges

Posted 28 April 2007 - 07:26 PM

This is the list of all the modeling that needs to be done with this mod. I just started learning Renx a little while ago, so hopefully I can contribute to this list soon. If you wish to help out with any modeling from the list, post here :p

Here's a ranking system for how hard and how much skill is needed for each model:
1 - very easy, just some minor changes with an existing model
2 - relatively easy, justs takes a little while to wok on
3 - moderate, need to know to do basic editing with Renx
4 - tricky, requires some talent and skill with modeling
5 - hard, need to be a good modeler

MODELS

Difficulty = 1
modified Aragorn model - For Aragorn, I would like like for the cape to be removed from the model. In the movie, he doesn't wear a cape so if the cape can be simply removed, that would be awesome.
Credit = Lauri

Difficulty = 1.5
Updated Haradrim Lancer - I will be using the lancers as my rohan spearmen/spearthrowers for my mod. For the model, the spear needs to be edited so it is more of a traditional spear instead of their kind of evil spear. Also, I need the blue subobject glow added to the end of the spear for their forrged blade upgrade.
Credit = ME!!!
Credit = Cahik_ for helping me with the forged blade problem

Difficulty = 1.5
Hornburg walls - I'm thinking of making all the Hornburg walls taller for my map. I'll be working on these.

Difficulty = ?
faded death animation for peasants - I'm not sure if you create this through modeling or if I can simply code this in. What I need is for the Rohan peasants(all 3 models) to have the faded death animation. I need this because there is a summoned ability that uses them and they have a time limit.
Cahik_ gave a suggestion that worked. Thanks.

Difficulty = 2
modified Theoden model - I like for the Theoden model to not have a helmet on his head. In the movie, Theoden doesn't really wear a helmet in the Helm's Deep battle. So if you could just simply remove the helmet part, I would be satisified.
Credit = Flameguard

Difficulty = 3
updated rohan armory - There are two different rohan armory models models (one for high and one for low). The problem is the high resolution one doesn't have any of the subobject parts (such as V1A) that the low one has. So, what I want is for the high resolution model to have the subobjects so that the model changes when upgraded in-game.
Credit = Me!!!

Difficulty = 4
updated Helm's Deep Arcade - For the Hem's Deep Arcade, I want an openable gate so that units can go through it. My Helm's Deep map has an indoor and outdoor part, so I need a gate in the Arcade so they can access both areas. I'll post pictures on this one later so you'll understand it better.

Difficulty = 4
Helm's Deep throne - Working on details for it. Will post more info later.

Difficulty = 5
uruk shieldman - In the movies, when the uruk-hai are trying to walk over the causeway, they use uruks with large shields. I would like to use that unit for my map. I could of swore however, that I saw of mod that created those units. I can't remember the name of it though, so I'll have to search around to see if I can find it. It would be great if I could use their model (with permission of course) for my map. So hold off on this model if you plan on making it until I find out more about it.
Cahik_ mentioned that he had this model. Will talk to him about it.

Difficulty = 5
Large seige ladders - In the movie, Isengard uses several large ladders to scale the walls of the Hornburg. They do this by shooting hook with a ballista and then slowly raising the ladder with rope to the walls of the Hornburg. Now, of course, this would just be insanely hard to model and animate. So instead, I'm thinking that we just take the existing ladder model and make the ladder longer so it can reach the Hornburg walls. Also, since the ladder is going to be longer and heavier, I'm thinking that we should replace the regular uruks who hold the ladder with some small armored trolls. That would make it a lot more realistic and still maintain the idea of having a larger siege ladder.

Difficulty = 5
Rohan Barracks - My map mod needs a barracks for Rohan. I'll look around and see if I can one from another mod.
Credit = Thanks to Celegin for letting the use of certain models from his mod, The Elven Alliance.

Edited by Rob38, 07 July 2007 - 03:04 AM.

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#2 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 28 April 2007 - 07:33 PM

Calik gave a uggestion that I need to test. Will update asap.

:p

I'd like to help, but i cant model. sorry

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#3 Pixel

Pixel

• Hosted
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 10:10 PM

You know... I still have 2models for you, I gave you a pm about them a while back and never recieved a message back :p

#4 JEV3

JEV3

Mighty Armadillo

• Hosted
  • 719 posts
  • Projects:Game Enhancement Mod
  •  Coder, Skinner, Graphics, GEM Mod Leader
  • Job:T3A Chamber Member

Posted 29 April 2007 - 01:18 AM

I am getting better at modelling, just don't expect me to do any decent rigging :) ... I don't think extending the siege ladders is hard enough to merit a '5' I could easily do it... and I'm not an experienced modder... I would however need to know how high they need to be :xcahik_:

I'd like to try the Arcade if no one else is doing it...

EDIT: Yes, I am voluntarily taking on modelling projects... I could use the practice :p

Edited by JEV3, 29 April 2007 - 01:19 AM.

He who bears skill but lacks effort, makes himself inferior to those who have no skill but try nonetheless.
Posted Image
Posted Image
"There is some good in this world, and its worth fighting for!"
J.M.J.

#5 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 03:20 AM

You know... I still have 2models for you, I gave you a pm about them a while back and never recieved a message back :)

What?! I didn't receive any message from you! I thought you were mad at me or something and I didn't want to keep constantly bothering you. I'll PM you right away!

That would be awesome JEV3! I'll also pm you asap.

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#6 JEV3

JEV3

Mighty Armadillo

• Hosted
  • 719 posts
  • Projects:Game Enhancement Mod
  •  Coder, Skinner, Graphics, GEM Mod Leader
  • Job:T3A Chamber Member

Posted 29 April 2007 - 08:11 PM

Update on the Arcade, I have put together the arcade and the Gondor gate, and I made some blocks to hid the gates after they go away... I had to rotate the arcade to get it to work, you may need to work with the coding a bit, because it is still a fortress and unless you fix it, it will show up sideways on the map... :lol: I left all the arrowbones in place...

Here is a pic:

Arcade_SS01.JPG

EDIT: All I have to do now is get the damaged models done...

Edited by JEV3, 29 April 2007 - 08:16 PM.

He who bears skill but lacks effort, makes himself inferior to those who have no skill but try nonetheless.
Posted Image
Posted Image
"There is some good in this world, and its worth fighting for!"
J.M.J.

#7 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 29 April 2007 - 09:21 PM

not to sound picky or anything.... but why would you destroy it? you don't gain on trapping the bad guys out\good guys in! :unsure:

edit: was going through the .max files today, and guess what I saw in the Rohan folder? (yeah, I have one folder for each faction I've made)
The Rohan Armory! :sad2: I remember now that I've done it, but don't think I exported them :lol: well, will do ASAP :grin:

edit2: oh, bad memories.... PM'd you

Edited by Lauri, 29 April 2007 - 09:32 PM.

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#8 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 10:36 PM

Looks really nice Jev3! Do you know if units can walk through it when the gates are open? This model is actually not going to be the main fortress for my map, but instead more of a gate. The main fortress is going to be the throne instead.

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#9 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 08:04 AM

Just got done with the haradrim lancer model!!!

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#10 jimiojoe

jimiojoe

War Mungerer

• Project Team
  • 491 posts
  • Projects:X-Mod, The Harry Potter Modification
  •  Advice

Posted 04 July 2007 - 11:25 PM

Difficulty = 5
Large seige ladders - In the movie, Isengard uses several large ladders to scale the walls of the Hornburg. They do this by shooting hook with a ballista and then slowly raising the ladder with rope to the walls of the Hornburg. Now, of course, this would just be insanely hard to model and animate. So instead, I'm thinking that we just take the existing ladder model and make the ladder longer so it can reach the Hornburg walls. Also, since the ladder is going to be longer and heavier, I'm thinking that we should replace the regular uruks who hold the ladder with some small armored trolls. That would make it a lot more realistic and still maintain the idea of having a larger siege ladder.

i had a go at this tonight with a random idea and i think i might be able to pull off a balista-shooting ropes thing, but as my modelling and animation isnt brilliant hopefully tomorow or day after when i finish it cahik or other gd animators can just get my general idea and do it more profesionally :rolleyes:

only problem with my idea is that you have to be pretty much an exact distance from the walls...... hmm i'll tell you more when i've tried more - this might not even work actually.... but i hope it does

binding an isengard balista manually is tricky... grrrr

Edited by jimiojoe, 04 July 2007 - 11:26 PM.

Jimiojoe
A light from the shadow shall spring.

#11 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 03:25 AM

i had a go at this tonight with a random idea and i think i might be able to pull off a balista-shooting ropes thing, but as my modelling and animation isnt brilliant hopefully tomorow or day after when i finish it cahik or other gd animators can just get my general idea and do it more profesionally :D

only problem with my idea is that you have to be pretty much an exact distance from the walls...... hmm i'll tell you more when i've tried more - this might not even work actually.... but i hope it does

binding an isengard balista manually is tricky... grrrr

Wow! If you can get this to work, I don't know what I'll do :rolleyes: This should be very interesting. For the range issue, I can script it in WB so that they would be at the exact distance needed when the ballista shoots the rope :p

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#12 jimiojoe

jimiojoe

War Mungerer

• Project Team
  • 491 posts
  •  Advice

Posted 05 July 2007 - 12:01 PM

eek... has anyone ever binded an isengard balista?....

the 2 uruks that push it along in the model when imported are ontop of each other as one mesh.... if that makes sense.....
Jimiojoe

#13 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 03:08 AM

eek... has anyone ever binded an isengard balista?....

the 2 uruks that push it along in the model when imported are ontop of each other as one mesh.... if that makes sense.....

Binding sucks, doesn't it :p

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#14 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 06 July 2007 - 10:44 AM

Siege weapons are some of the easitest to bind :p you just have to make them as separate meshes :p or, as I do, delete the folks, and reimport the desired model... (in this case, the crossbow uruk is the same as the one who controlls the balliasta)
then, make 3 wwskins... one for the 01 bones, one for the 02 bones, and one for the ballista bones :p (or, it might be B_BLAHA and B_BLAHB, but A and B, or 01 and 02 :p)

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#15 Haldor

Haldor
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 01:08 AM

Ever thought of making isengard trolls? :

http://www.hillcity-...99111466025.jpg
"I have never been wise"

#16 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 07 July 2007 - 03:01 AM

doesnt really fit in with helms deep imo

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#17 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 03:02 AM

Ever thought of making isengard trolls? :

http://www.hillcity-...99111466025.jpg

Yeah, I've seen that image before and it could be a possible solution for the units carrying the large siege ladders :p

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#18 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 07 July 2007 - 03:09 AM

i thought jimiojoe was working on ballistas for those.

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#19 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 03:45 AM

He is, but just in case jimiojoe doesn't get them to work, that would be the next best thing. I'm curious to see how he plans to get all that to work, because I have no idea where to even start with that :p

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#20 jimiojoe

jimiojoe

War Mungerer

• Project Team
  • 491 posts
  •  Advice

Posted 07 July 2007 - 10:09 AM

He is, but just in case jimiojoe doesn't get them to work, that would be the next best thing. I'm curious to see how he plans to get all that to work, because I have no idea where to even start with that :p

its complicated to explain buttt

thanks to lauri for that idea bindingwise i shall try to do a bit more tonight

the idea is....

if you can "deploy" onto a wall from a certain range, then reveal the ladder through animation script coding - and have the ladder as part of the same model but far away for the balista, that being the range from the wall and the balista which it must always be..... and using the bones "ladder1" or whatever it is (the bones which the units follow when going up and down the ladder) they should still be able to climb it....

that might not have made sense.... but i'll give it a shot
Jimiojoe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users