#21 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  • Projects:Turned to Writing
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 22 June 2007 - 12:44 PM

in the beginning of the helm's deep battle the uruks are pounding their pikes upon the ground,
is that going to be in the scenes?
If the above post offended you in any way,
please take note that, until further notice, I don't care, so get lost.

#22 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 22 June 2007 - 02:27 PM

u planning to go with books or movies concerning the erkenbrand/theoden charge. iow, eomer and gandalf leading cav, or erkendbrand and gandalf leading infantry.

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#23 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 22 June 2007 - 03:02 PM

I remember reading somewhere that Eomer would come.
Can't find it now though.

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#24 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts
  • Projects:Helm's Deep Last Hope
  •  One who is not afraid of new challenges

Posted 22 June 2007 - 03:14 PM

in the beginning of the helm's deep battle the uruks are pounding their pikes upon the ground,
is that going to be in the scenes?

Yes, the pikemen have that animation in-game and it will most definetely be in one of the scenes :lol:

u planning to go with books or movies concerning the erkenbrand/theoden charge. iow, eomer and gandalf leading cav, or erkendbrand and gandalf leading infantry.

Probably with the movies because Erkenbrand woulnd't be much different from Eomer and the good forces already have enough heroes as it is :p

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#25 jimiojoe

jimiojoe

War Mungerer

• Project Team
  • 491 posts
  • Projects:X-Mod, The Harry Potter Modification
  •  Advice

Posted 23 June 2007 - 06:10 PM

i think it should be the eomer gandalf and rohirrim charge over the book as the movie one is so much more fun:D and much more.... rohan like using horses - i cant remember for sure but im pretty sure int he book the erkenbrad (however his name is) arrives on foot...

hmmm

is Aragorn/legolas going to mount at the end of it?

and will there be any scripting to force certain heroes to mount say once the hornburg has been destroyed and charge out? if so i think legolas and aragorn should do

and will the horn of helmhammerhan or whatever its called be blown?...by gimli? :grin:

consider these as questions or suggestions :)
Jimiojoe
A light from the shadow shall spring.

#26 el kevo

el kevo

title available

• Members
  • 634 posts
  • Projects:Staff at Flameguard's "Game Sector Network"

Posted 23 June 2007 - 10:40 PM

Do you get the heroes from the start or do you have to purchase them.

Also on the elves. will it be a giant host that comes or 3-4 battalions like how ea made it in bfme
Posted Image

#27 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 05:29 AM

is Aragorn/legolas going to mount at the end of it?
and will there be any scripting to force certain heroes to mount say once the hornburg has been destroyed and charge out? if so i think legolas and aragorn should do

I'm still debating on that one. The thing is that they mount for such a short time and I don't know if it's worth all the effort for like a five second thing. But yes, Theoden will be able to mount and I have a way of making a small charge of rohirrim be available when they charge out of the hornburg :)

and will the horn of helmhammerhan or whatever its called be blown?...by gimli? ;)

Yes, something to that effect. Still working on details for it. :grin:

Do you get the heroes from the start or do you have to purchase them.
Also on the elves. will it be a giant host that comes or 3-4 battalions like how ea made it in bfme

Yes, the heroes will be available at the start of the game. Anf for the elves, there will probably be around 3-4 hordes and Haldir also. The elves are powerful in my map mod so I don't want you to get too many. And besides, you can purchase mre in thr archery range if you want to :huh:

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#28 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 24 June 2007 - 01:02 PM

how much of an endgame r the reinforcements gonna be?

and also, are rohan and isengard going to have new power trees?

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#29 King Earnur

King Earnur
  • Project Team
  • 216 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 04:17 PM

Do you have the two towers in front of the gate like the movie? And will Rohan have Theoden's guard people?

#30 Lotrfan2

Lotrfan2

title available

• Banned
  • 328 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 04:47 PM

what two towers? isengard & Mordor?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#31 D_bershevits_comeback

D_bershevits_comeback
  • Banned
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 07:27 PM

there were two small towers on the side of the gate

#32 Gherrick

Gherrick

Drunken Bastard

• Project Team
  • 374 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 08:32 PM

Yeah...and spearthrowers, stonethrowers and archers wtfpwned Uruks coming to gate from there!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#33 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 03:12 AM

how much of an endgame r the reinforcements gonna be?
and also, are rohan and isengard going to have new power trees?

Still working on the exact amount but it's going to be pretty large. Maybe around 100 or so Rohirrim?
Yes, both Rohan and Isengard will be getting new and unique power trees :p

Do you have the two towers in front of the gate like the movie? And will Rohan have Theoden's guard people?

Many of the parts for Helm's Deep will be edited in some way, especially the gate area.
Rohan has the units called Helm's Defenders and ther are meant to be Theoden's guards :crazed:

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#34 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  • Projects:Turned to Writing
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 25 June 2007 - 08:13 PM

perhaps delete the postern gate?
it would make it very though to hold the wall than.

one of the strategies is to send heroes in front of the wall and when there nearly dead retreat them behind the wall (through the postern gate) and let them heal until they can come back in the fight.
If the above post offended you in any way,
please take note that, until further notice, I don't care, so get lost.

#35 King Earnur

King Earnur
  • Project Team
  • 216 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 08:42 PM

Many of the parts for Helm's Deep will be edited in some way, especially the gate area.
Rohan has the units called Helm's Defenders and ther are meant to be Theoden's guards :p

Oh, sweet. Are there going to be ladders that can reach the main part of the fortress like in the movie, being as the Deeping wall is now cutoff from the rest of the Hornburg?

#36 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 02:30 AM

perhaps delete the postern gate?
it would make it very though to hold the wall than.
one of the strategies is to send heroes in front of the wall and when there nearly dead retreat them behind the wall (through the postern gate) and let them heal until they can come back in the fight.

My only concern with removing the postern gate on the deeping wall is with the ballistas. There would be no way for Rohan to reach the ballistas, unless I reduce the range of the siege weapon. I'll have to think about it some more.

Oh, sweet. Are there going to be ladders that can reach the main part of the fortress like in the movie, being as the Deeping wall is now cutoff from the rest of the Hornburg?

Yes, there is going to be the large siege ladders that will climb the hornburg walls. :rolleyes:

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#37 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 26 June 2007 - 03:08 PM

for the ballistas, id suggest keeping like that, since arrows would hardly do much damage anyway. if ur worried about that being overpowered then, just make the accuracy really bad, or reduce the splash damage to a smaller area :rolleyes:

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#38 jimiojoe

jimiojoe

War Mungerer

• Project Team
  • 491 posts
  • Projects:X-Mod, The Harry Potter Modification
  •  Advice

Posted 26 June 2007 - 06:52 PM

for the ballistas, id suggest keeping like that, since arrows would hardly do much damage anyway. if ur worried about that being overpowered then, just make the accuracy really bad, or reduce the splash damage to a smaller area :p

mmmyeh

make them less powerful at actually damaging the walls - so that only bombs will bring down the walls

maybe less splash.... hmm its just they were intended mainly just to be used to launch the hornburg ladders up in the film, and when they were fired just to kill they killed one at a time :/ are you using the balistas to fire the ropes for the hornburg ladders ? because if not their pretty useless as siege weapons really...

the archers might not be able to stop them but thats what the rohirrim at the end can do or when they charge out

and just have fewer of them

and if you can stop them from being pushed throughout helms deep because i thought that was a bit unpractical to have guys pushing a huge hench ballista up the stairs, along the walls, downt he stiars, up the stairs, through the gate, round the bend, FIRE AT THE HORNBURG it just was odd to me...

thats just my opinion

Edited by jimiojoe, 26 June 2007 - 06:54 PM.

Jimiojoe
A light from the shadow shall spring.

#39 King Earnur

King Earnur
  • Project Team
  • 216 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 07:26 PM

THat never happened to me ;) but then again I do usually have the inner wall of the hornburg lined with archers. And I also think that those ballistas should have less splash or next to none, there was no fragmentation of the projectile, and it was only used to take one person out at a time, also could you make the walls invulnerable to ballistas, so many times my walls have almost been destroyed by ballistas :p

#40 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 05:00 AM

Yeah, ballistas will need some work. Hitting only one unit and not doing splash damage could be a possibility. It would be awesome if they shot ropes for the hornburg ladders, but the model and animations required would be insanely difficult.

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users