Photo

Ideas, improvements, questions and roses.

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Juissi

Juissi

AWESOM-O

• Hosted
  • 1,555 posts
  • Projects:Last Alliance modification, The Hobbit mod
  •  Forger Of (Last) Alliance

Posted 03 May 2007 - 11:35 AM

Good things first, through my whole modding time I have kept eyes on this mod and now that the beta has been released Im thrilled and I have been playing it like mad man now :p So those were the roses.

Bugs&balance
-When Ancalagon dies his falling animation kinda stops in mid-air and then starts fading
-Draugluin, when he dies he does his death animation but then he gets screwed. I can post a screen later for better explanation
-Iron Worm cant receive heavy armour even tough there is a button for it
-Angband AI would need improvement, atm it only builds orcs :)
-Are there suppose to be skyboxes in the new maps because atleast I cant see those, dunno about others
-Not a bug but would need balancing, easterlings with boots run maybe a little too fast :umad:
-Balance thing, Corrupted Elves are kinda OP because they are free and have no build time and are much better than orcs :lol: But if that is supposed to be that way, then no changes to that because I just love spamming them :cool:

Small improvements
-New colour theme: If you are going to do it which I have no idea about, maybe blackish colour theme would be the best but it takes some time and it really is necessary but still I suggest black for that
-New menu background: That doesnt really take that much time to make and it would imo give you nicer feeling but once again, not necessary :p

Questions
-What is the next faction that you are going to do ? Elves I guess because what I have heard is that you havent really even planned Men yet.
-What happened to minifaction where there was that Troll drumming that drum ? Is there anyway to bring it back because I just loved how it looked in the screens. I couldnt find screenshot of it but I think that you know what Im talking about :dry:

Those would be all for now and Im not quite sure if Main Ideas is right place to post this but move it if Im mistaken :)

Edited by Makaveli, 03 May 2007 - 11:53 AM.

#2 morgoth946

morgoth946

title available

• Hosted
  • 630 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 08:58 PM

-What is the next faction that you are going to do ? Elves I guess because what I have heard is that you havent really even planned Men yet.

Elves :p

-What happened to minifaction where there was that Troll drumming that drum ? Is there anyway to bring it back because I just loved how it looked in the screens. I couldnt find screenshot of it but I think that you know what Im talking about

I deleted it, I didin't like how it looked :p

About the skyboxes problems, its weird, I can see them...
The Four Ages, the new english Website:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Juissi

Juissi

AWESOM-O

• Hosted
  • 1,555 posts
  • Projects:Last Alliance modification, The Hobbit mod
  •  Forger Of (Last) Alliance

Posted 04 May 2007 - 05:56 AM

Okey thanks for the answers but can anyone else confirm that they can see skyboxes ? Because if you can see it it might be problem with my comp but just to be sure.

#4 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:15 AM

morgoth i tried your beta and i loved it but i have 1 question, is angbad going to be the only evil faction in the mod? or will morder and isengaurd be included

#5 morgoth946

morgoth946

title available

• Hosted
  • 630 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:37 PM

Angband is going to be the only evil faction. It was the only real enemy in Beleriand ;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Guest_gueast11_*

Guest_gueast11_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2009 - 07:14 PM

Angband is going to be the only evil faction. It was the only real enemy in Beleriand :lol:

is there any possibiltiy for me to play the beta ... sry for posting wrong:D

#7 Dant

Dant

title available

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 09:24 AM

If you mean the lasted public beta? here Link

read this before you install it Link
Posted Image

#8 Guest_Guest_Teos_*

Guest_Guest_Teos_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2009 - 04:12 PM

can i suggest to disable the upgrade of the boots for the evil man mini faction? it's impossible that absurd run...

#9 morgoth946

morgoth946

title available

• Hosted
  • 630 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 01:53 PM

I think there was a bug with that upgrade, units run extremely fast. It's going to be fixed.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 NewErr

NewErr

Elf-friend

• Project Team
  • 2,177 posts
  • Projects:Wars of The Firstborn
  •  World Wide Artist

Posted 03 September 2009 - 05:56 AM

I want to say some things about Angband faction.

My first point is that the main factions is pretty dry on units ( only orcs warriors and archers - later trolls and banners ) . You just keep spawning orcs just to stay alive and construct minifactions so you can really build some army.
Second Angband has a lack of pikemens , for that so infantry is crushed a bit .Good we have werewolfs in the back dealing with them tho.

So what i'm saying is that Angband must be improved in early game .

#11 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts
  • Projects:Trying to find meaning...
  •  The guy that is just a ghost.

Posted 03 September 2009 - 12:51 PM

It's (Angband) basicly vanilla Mordor with a few skin changes and a late game overhaul.
A changed man is only the same man with a different outlook of life.

#12 Guest_Guest_Teos_*

Guest_Guest_Teos_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2009 - 04:41 PM

I think that angband has a great orchish army in the silmarillion, with some elitè group of trolls and creatures... so just some little ideas:

- orcs with less CP cost;
- Balrogs more powerful: more armour (less vulnerable to arrows and pikes) but with the same attack power;
- a group of orc spearmen to oppose the elven cavalry;
- a group of elitè orcs more high and with some enormous shield (so shield wall formation) and lance but not as spearmen;
- the corrupted elves spawned as a group of 5 elves and not free with toggle weapon button;
- vampire ghosts with some special power like the angmar sorcerers;

#13 NewErr

NewErr

Elf-friend

• Project Team
  • 2,177 posts
  •  World Wide Artist

Posted 04 September 2009 - 08:22 PM

It's (Angband) basicly vanilla Mordor with a few skin changes and a late game overhaul.

I'm really curious what Morghoth will say about that :p

#14 morgoth946

morgoth946

title available

• Hosted
  • 630 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 12:40 PM

Well... It 's quite different than the Mordor faction though they still have the same basic infantry and trolls...

Hmm... when you say vanilla you mean ordinary?

Edited by morgoth946, 05 September 2009 - 12:42 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 Florisz

Florisz

The Young Reindeer

• Project Team
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 03:06 PM

Vanilla is the EA version :p
Posted Image

#16 NewErr

NewErr

Elf-friend

• Project Team
  • 2,177 posts
  •  World Wide Artist

Posted 06 September 2009 - 08:41 PM

I don't agree with you Ring of Fate tho there are some parts the same .
Mordor had a lot of mobility in it's game , many thing you could try , but here if you don't construct mini-factions is pretty hard to build something good .
I agree with some points of Toes .Very strong point at the balrogs , theyr really too weak for the money and for pikes .

But Morgoth it's your decision , i like the mod anyway and i'm really amazed what will come in next beta .

#17 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts
  • Projects:Trying to find meaning...
  •  The guy that is just a ghost.

Posted 06 September 2009 - 08:51 PM

Hence "with a late game overhaul."
A changed man is only the same man with a different outlook of life.

#18 Commander Teos

Commander Teos
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  •  Reader

Posted 07 September 2009 - 01:41 PM

I agree with some points of Toes .Very strong point at the balrogs , theyr really too weak for the money and for pikes .

Thanks Valaquenta...

Another thing: the corrupted elves may have a special power that transform the killed enemies in shadows under their control...

I think that Angband needs to be improved because it's the only evil faction in the mod...

off topic: Valaquenta my name is Teos, Commander Teos :p

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"

George Orwell

Metalheads aren't Satanists, is Satan that is a Metalhead...

#19 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 08 September 2009 - 12:53 AM

If you want a sort of elite Orcish unit, Morgoth, you could try the 'special breed of Orc' that was made to fight Doriath and the Laiquenya. They were basically Uruk-hai prototypes - better armoured, bore broad, long spears, had huge shields of metal etc etc.

#20 NewErr

NewErr

Elf-friend

• Project Team
  • 2,177 posts
  •  World Wide Artist

Posted 08 September 2009 - 07:45 AM

Thanks Valaquenta...

Another thing: the corrupted elves may have a special power that transform the killed enemies in shadows under their control...

I think that Angband needs to be improved because it's the only evil faction in the mod...

off topic: Valaquenta my name is Teos, Commander Teos :p

Yes , that's why Angband needs an improvement , it's the only evil faction in game , it should explode with enemies .

Good that Mike the lore guy , showed up here ^_^ .And sorry for misspelling your name .

Edited by Valaquenta10, 08 September 2009 - 07:45 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users