9 replies to this topic

#1 AlexArt

AlexArt
  • Hosted
  • 209 posts
  • Projects:Real War Mod
  •  Programmer =)...

Posted 09 May 2007 - 08:09 AM

Maybe we should discuss this article's details?
Posted Image
© Real War Mod 2004-2006.

#2 Lord_Mordja

Lord_Mordja
  • Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 09:50 PM

Really interesting read, it all sounds great. Some of the upgrades sound interesting but I'm not exactly sure what they do. Care to explain?

#3 KniveZ

KniveZ
  • Project Team
  • 112 posts
  • Projects:Tactical Warfare

Posted 11 May 2007 - 03:17 PM

First off, I want to say that this mod looks awesome, and the only reason i'm still sticking to Zero Hour. Keep up the great work!

I have a question on the T-90 though, apparently it is going to be a weak vehicle later in the game (that's what I read in the article) so what will replace the T-90 later? will there be a new tank like the T-80YK? upgades for the T-90? or will it stay as the MBT?

#4 Dexter

Dexter
  • Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 05:49 PM

Lord_Mordja, what upgrades exactly do you mean?

I have a question on the T-90 though, apparently it is going to be a weak vehicle later in the game (that's what I read in the article) so what will replace the T-90 later?

Instead of acquiring a new tank you will have means to improve T-90. As for T-80UK - it is about the same class as T-90, so introducing it will not make much sense. However, as this article claims, we are going to let you produce T-80AT (further development of Black Eagle) at the late game, but it is going to be somewhat optional, pretty much as NOD Avatar from C&C3.

#5 Lord_Mordja

Lord_Mordja
  • Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 04:06 AM

Well, for example what does the "R-73 reverse-firing missile upgrade" do?

#6 KniveZ

KniveZ
  • Project Team
  • 112 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 12:04 PM

Will the T-90 receive an upgrade to make it amphibious only in shallow waters? (if that is possible in the game). Also, in terms of infantry, will the Russian infantry have an advantage over the US later in the game? becuse from what ive read, the Russians seem to be inferior to US weapons in all areas.

#7 Dexter

Dexter
  • Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 01:30 PM

Well, for example what does the "R-73 reverse-firing missile upgrade" do?

This upgrade will replace R-60 auxiliary missiles with R-73 missiles, which have longer firing range, and reverse-firing capability (as upgrade's name claims). Literally it means that Su-35 and Su-34 will be able to acquire secondary targets all around themselves, not only in front.

Will the T-90 receive an upgrade to make it amphibious only in shallow waters? (if that is possible in the game)

It will have such ability right away (if that is possible in the game).

Also, in terms of infantry, will the Russian infantry have an advantage over the US later in the game?

Russian infantry will have advantages over US infantry throughout the whole game. Of course this does not mean that Russian rifleman will kill US one in head to head clash, this rule still works, advantage will be more in infantry's usefulness than power.

becuse from what ive read, the Russians seem to be inferior to US weapons in all areas.

Wow, didn't know that! Really, it's a myth.

#8 KniveZ

KniveZ
  • Project Team
  • 112 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 08:41 AM

errr, it was on your website, anyway I haven't seen any migs in the unitlist, isnt the mig like an important plane in the Russian Air Force? especially the fulcrum (that is one awesome plane)

#9 Dexter

Dexter
  • Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 10:17 AM

Fulcrum is outdated. It was a great plane, 20 years ago, though. And besides, Flanker does exactly the same job as Fulcrum, only with better quality.

errr, it was on your website

Yes, in some areas US are ahead. For example their tanks are actually more effective than majority of Russian ones. But keep in mind that US military budget is about 8 times larger than Russian, with such money our technology would own everything.

#10 KniveZ

KniveZ
  • Project Team
  • 112 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 11:54 AM

that is very true, Russia's technology is the best, but money is a factor...So i guess US tanks are better but more expensive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users