Official Bug Tracking Thread

72 replies to this topic

#41 Kitkun

Kitkun

Hater

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 07:12 PM

In E-Wing file there's a small mistake. Model IX upgrades from model VII, not VIII. I doubt it's intentional, but as I've never used them, I'm not sure...

Looked in my file, and the only one of the model IX parts to reference model VII was the squadron itself, which doesn't really matter, I think. The rest of the parts did reference model VIII.

Frosty Freaky Foreign Forum Fox

<DevXen> Today I was at the store and saw a Darth Vader action figure that said "Choking Hazard." It was great.

#42 Tropical Bob

Tropical Bob

title available

• Members
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 10:52 PM

Enough about the props though, on to my bug. I have experienced most of the bugs already reported here and tried the solutions in your solutions thread. The one thing that is still plagueing me though is my savegames. I have found that no matter how small of a galactic conquest map I play, my savegames always get corrupted. I can still load them, but after about 5 seconds, the whole GC locks up. If I do the save while engaged in a battle (space or land) the game loads fine until I win the battle and return to GC view. As soon as that happens, 5 seconds and it freezes again. It doesn't even crash on me, just freezes. When I escape out to Windows and look at the app process in the task manager I see that the game is still consuming about 40-50% of the cpu but its not doing anything in the game. Eventually I just have to kill the game. This happens to every one of my savegames so I sadly never get to finish a GC with this MOD (I have a 3-month old in the house so I don't usually get more than 3 hrs of consecutive time to play). :shiftee:

I don't know about the savegame files. That has happened to me at least two times before.

But on the subject of it freezing: If you're playing the GFFA campaign, it's natural for it to lock up after a battle, trying to load the GC map again. Just give it some time and it should get through.

#43 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2008 - 01:43 PM

shortly after I open a saved game, the screen freezes in the
galactic veiw with the hour glass coursor. eventualy, the game window
minimizes itself and a pop-up window saying this appears:

"EXCEPTION:an exception has occured. see _logfile.txt and _except.txt
for details.Press cancel to quit or retry to try to debug"

I've looked through all the files using the search function and could
only find the error message:

"Exception in thread 888 - Main Thread
Exception code EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which
it does not have the appropriate access.
Attempt to read from address 00000F90"

has anyone else encountered this proublem?

P.S. Despite this proublem, i think this mod is great!

#44 Tropical Bob

Tropical Bob

title available

• Members
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 08:20 PM

There are a lot of exception errors that pop up randomly. Sometimes the save games just get corrupted somehow. I lost a couple nice games that way.

Did you download Zarkis's AI mod in the middle of that game and then try to load it? If so, that might have done it.

And I don't think anyone knows exactly how to tell what happened from the logfile or except documents. I know that one of them doesn't even exist for some reason, if I remember correctly...

#45 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2008 - 11:33 PM

I know, but for some reason this same error always occurs on this mod only, despite the fact that I've used numerous saved games on diferent campaigns.

#46 Tropical Bob

Tropical Bob

title available

• Members
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 04:26 AM

That's odd, that it happens with all of them. I have no idea how to fix that.

Perhaps re-installing everything?

#47 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2008 - 11:25 AM

I've tried that to, actualy. this has been the third time I've reinstalled it. I even got a lucasarts tech support to help me and he couldn't figue it out. I searched around the web and some people say the same proublem can be caused by inadiquate scripting in the original game.

#48 MightyMauser1898

MightyMauser1898
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:54 PM

If nobody else is having this problem then maybe it is something with my computer but I just finished building this new machine so I hope that isn't the problem : Intel Core2Duo E8600; ATI Radeon 3870x2; 4GB E6800 RAM; 680GB Raid 0 10,000RPM SATA 3.0 GB/s HDD; ASUS MAXIMUS MB;

I am running a similar system to yours, AMD 6400+, dual HD3870's, 4gb DDR2, ASUS M2A-MVP, on windows XP pro 64-bit, I get the same problem from time to time, but as a couple folks mentioned, it takes a couple of minutes and it usually clears up and loads properly.

#49 Tropical Bob

Tropical Bob

title available

• Members
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 07:25 PM

Exception errors don't clear up and load properly. As far as I know.

Try and make two saved games next time, with one being a little bit after the other, like a minute or two. And try using the autosave to continue your game.

#50 Jasonite

Jasonite
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 12:46 PM

This one happened to me last night...

Rebellion did a raid on one of my planets with:
Bel Iblis
Artillery
Speeders

I had 4 squads of troopers on the planet, as well as a vehicle factory.

I got rid of everthing except Bel Iblis... that thing is nuts. I had a single trooper left out of all of the squads, and I ran him around to keep recapturing platforms.

I used the AT-ST's to harass. Anyway, long story short, I worked him down, and finally killed him after he took out all my buildings.

It said that I won... but suddenly the planet was showing up as HIS with a full starbase. I tried 3 attacks, and each time I won after blowing him up, only to have all my forces disappear, and him still being there.

I then moved my forces away completely, and even though the planet showed as red, it was still apparently mine because his ships then attacked my starbase at a rebel planet.

Suffice to say, things were not good.

I loaded from a save, and then it crashed to an exception.

LOVE the mod, by the way! Is there a comprehensive rules document? I want to figure out how trade lanes, etc. are calculated.

Also, without any way to make bounty hunters, how do we get rid of smugglers? It's really annoying, and the only way to compete is to over produce smugglers. :(

Totally an aside here, but shouldn't I be able to call in an air strike and/or bombardment during a raid on my planet if I have the assets in orbit? That makes NO sense.

J

#51 Kaleb Graff

Kaleb Graff

title available

• Members
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 01:15 PM

This one happened to me last night...

Rebellion did a raid on one of my planets with:
Bel Iblis
Artillery
Speeders

I had 4 squads of troopers on the planet, as well as a vehicle factory.

I got rid of everthing except Bel Iblis... that thing is nuts. I had a single trooper left out of all of the squads, and I ran him around to keep recapturing platforms.

I used the AT-ST's to harass. Anyway, long story short, I worked him down, and finally killed him after he took out all my buildings.

It said that I won... but suddenly the planet was showing up as HIS with a full starbase. I tried 3 attacks, and each time I won after blowing him up, only to have all my forces disappear, and him still being there.

I then moved my forces away completely, and even though the planet showed as red, it was still apparently mine because his ships then attacked my starbase at a rebel planet.

Suffice to say, things were not good.

I loaded from a save, and then it crashed to an exception.

LOVE the mod, by the way! Is there a comprehensive rules document? I want to figure out how trade lanes, etc. are calculated.

Also, without any way to make bounty hunters, how do we get rid of smugglers? It's really annoying, and the only way to compete is to over produce smugglers. :(

Totally an aside here, but shouldn't I be able to call in an air strike and/or bombardment during a raid on my planet if I have the assets in orbit? That makes NO sense.
J

What planet was it on?
No, there isn't.
You can make bounty hunters, just not from very many planets.
I agree with you on bombing runs/bombardments on raids, but don't know how to fix it.

Edited by Kaleb Graff, 09 June 2008 - 01:18 PM.

#52 Jasonite

Jasonite
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 04:53 PM

What planet was it on?
No, there isn't.
You can make bounty hunters, just not from very many planets.
I agree with you on bombing runs/bombardments on raids, but don't know how to fix it.

Abregado-Rae

That's another thing that's odd... the lanes allow players to basically skip over planets. Was that intentional? I guess it's fine, but it's odd.

I have over half of the planets, and not a single one seems to be able to make bounty hunters on this map.

This is the smallest of the GC maps (planet count-wise)
J

#53 Kitkun

Kitkun

Hater

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 07:54 PM

I've seen reports like that before, but I have no idea how that would be fixed, or why it happens.
It does seem to involve Bel Iblis usually.
One rebel player stated that the AI wiped out his force, but that he still controlled the planet with the just-been-killed Bel Iblis.

I actually like it that way. It's kinda like WWII island hopping.

That's Core Worlds right? Strange, I don't see any Hutt Palaces on the special case production in the XML...

As for bombing/bombarding your own planets, I don't think you were able to do that in vanilla, so I don't know if it's fixable at all...

<DevXen> Today I was at the store and saw a Darth Vader action figure that said "Choking Hazard." It was great.

#54 Jasonite

Jasonite
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 07:59 PM

I've seen reports like that before, but I have no idea how that would be fixed, or why it happens.
It does seem to involve Bel Iblis usually.
One rebel player stated that the AI wiped out his force, but that he still controlled the planet with the just-been-killed Bel Iblis.

I actually like it that way. It's kinda like WWII island hopping.

That's Core Worlds right? Strange, I don't see any Hutt Palaces on the special case production in the XML...

Personally, I think he should count for a bit more when it comes to raids...

Frankly, I think raids are quite overpowered anyway. On Core Worlds (Yeah, I think that's right) I can immediately use a trooper squad and AT-ST squad to successively raid every single pirate planet and gain immediate control. I took over 3/4 of the map in the span of 2-3 minutes (I could have been faster if I weren't limited as a human)

So... what about Hutt Palaces? :mellow:

J

#55 Kitkun

Kitkun

Hater

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 09:03 PM

You're auto-resolving the raids, right? Pirate forces are especially weak in raids. (Try attacking a standard asteroid base with an ImpStarI. And then auto-resolve it with a Venator.)
Bounty Hunters are built from the Palaces. I think.

#56 Kaleb Graff

Kaleb Graff

title available

• Members
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 11:41 PM

You're auto-resolving the raids, right? Pirate forces are especially weak in raids. (Try attacking a standard asteroid base with an ImpStarI. And then auto-resolve it with a Venator.)

They are built from palaces. We need to add a palace site in the core.

#57 Jasonite

Jasonite
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 12:43 AM

Yes, I am auto-resolving.
But... why attack an asteroid base when a raid will auto-win? It's sad how easy raiding is. Can raiding be disabled, or at least reduced in size so that you can only bring in a single unit?

Also, the reason the raids are ridiculous is because there are NO units on the pirate planets other than the base itself. Personally, I think putting a single squad of some sort on each pirate planet would help.

Yeah, I was just saying that there aren't any palaces in Core.

#58 Kitkun

Kitkun

Hater

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 01:40 AM

Yes, I am auto-resolving.But... why attack an asteroid base when a raid will auto-win?

That was an example. I actually lost an ISDI against a pirate base, but nearly anything would win in auto-resolve.

It's sad how easy raiding is. Can raiding be disabled, or at least reduced in size so that you can only bring in a single unit?

I'm pretty sure you can disable raids, but that's not really an ideal solution. Dunno if you can change max raid size, though.

Also, the reason the raids are ridiculous is because there are NO units on the pirate planets other than the base itself. Personally, I think putting a single squad of some sort on each pirate planet would help.

That is an ideal solution. PR just didn't get around to them by launch.
Another solution is to change auto-resolve stats. (They're listed separately in the XML files.) They're using vanilla FoC stats fight now I think, but are much better when boosted. A side effect is that it slows AI expansion just a bit.

Edited by Kitkun, 10 June 2008 - 01:41 AM.

#59 Kaleb Graff

Kaleb Graff

title available

• Members
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 02:42 AM

Yes, I am auto-resolving.But... why attack an asteroid base when a raid will auto-win?

That was an example. I actually lost an ISDI against a pirate base, but nearly anything would win in auto-resolve.

It's sad how easy raiding is. Can raiding be disabled, or at least reduced in size so that you can only bring in a single unit?

I'm pretty sure you can disable raids, but that's not really an ideal solution. Dunno if you can change max raid size, though.

That is an ideal solution. PR just didn't get around to them by launch.
Another solution is to change auto-resolve stats. (They're listed separately in the XML files.) They're using vanilla FoC stats fight now I think, but are much better when boosted. A side effect is that it slows AI expansion just a bit.

He did add extra units in Thrawn.

#60 Kitkun

Kitkun

Hater

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 03:26 AM

Took me a moment to realize you're talking about the campaign.
True enough, but I think it wasn't as polished as he wanted them.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users