Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 26 May 2007 - 02:31 AM

Hi Oni =)

Actually... it's only locked cause I merged "Comments" with "Suggestions" since they ended up beeing kinda the same anyway. It's all here in "Comments & Suggestions" :thumbsupsmiley:

http://forums.revora...showtopic=47133

And yes, I saw RotWK again yesterday (man I never get tired of these movies... in fact, I'm gonna dedicate this mod to mr Peter Jackson :thumbsupsmiley:)... and I saw that ALL Mumaks had Muhad riders (drivers sounds strange, lol?) and they were all standing on top of the mumak neck, pulling long ropes that were attached to a harnesh (spelling?) in their mouths, much like horses. That's what the "cheiftain" of the Mumak with the extra spikes between the tusks, got hung in when he fell after beeing hit with Eomer's spear, which steered that mumak into the other (and killed them both?).

So: I'm defenitely gonna ad Muhad riders, but it wont be an extra hero for Mordor, but an extra upgrade for Mumakils from level 3 tent, making the Mumaks faster and better all together. IF I can make a new model based on CaH, find a good donated model like above OR have Master Windu make one... :sleep:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#82 Juissi

Juissi

AWESOM-O

• Hosted
  • 1,555 posts
  • Projects:Last Alliance modification, The Hobbit mod
  •  Forger Of (Last) Alliance

Posted 26 May 2007 - 06:59 AM

That sounds like very nice idea, cant wait to see how it looks when done :thumbsupsmiley:
Btw You saw "RotWK again " ? I didnt know that there was movie about Rise of the Witch-King :sleep:

#83 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 26 May 2007 - 12:09 PM

lol yeah, sorry... typoo :p RotK

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#84 CapnAstroSponge

CapnAstroSponge

title available

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • Projects:Trolling the S.E.E Boards

Posted 26 May 2007 - 01:39 PM

Yup, those movies never get old...

And I like the idea of those Mahud riders, I never saw that all the mumaks had them.
Posted Image

Never come between a Capn and his..uh..AstroSponge? No, no...Never come between a CapnAstro and his Sponge! Uh.....this doesn't work as well as the other guys names..

I am..

Posted Image

#85 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 27 May 2007 - 11:36 PM

I really like to have them too, so I'll do my best to get them in... but it's gonna be hard work since it's gonna need modeling (bind new bones to the Mumak model).... :S

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#86 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 30 May 2007 - 12:06 PM

*list updated* =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#87 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 30 May 2007 - 12:31 PM

I'll try to make the 'bloodthirsty' orc/uruk units also gain health when killing their buddies. After all, when the hacking is done, the feast has just begun! :p

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#88 fehik

fehik
  • Project Team
  • 207 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 03:17 PM

And you will be implementing a new camera style with visible horizon?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#89 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 04:16 PM

That's nearly impossible I'm afraid. So I guess no.

Edit: Wait, now I took a closer look at the updated To-Do list, I noticed Naz is gonna try it? Can that be confirmed?

Edited by Mordor Slayer, 30 May 2007 - 04:21 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#90 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 30 May 2007 - 04:21 PM

Not imppossible... it's listed:

- Bring down the SKYLINE (there are tons of unused sky textures!!!)

...but it's a LOT of work, and it will probably lag the game beyond imagination, so I doubt we will do it. Might try it in a late stage though just to see.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#91 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 04:48 PM

Then we would have truly achieved the ultimate BFME experience! Just imagine playing the game like in those promotional screenshots EA released...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#92 fehik

fehik
  • Project Team
  • 207 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 07:50 PM

I don't care for the lag, just do it, ( i know it's a lot of work, but...still a unique thing), and for the lag there is a mod, or smthin like that that reduces it(for the wars of arda mod it was used i think, made by mountainhiker15)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#93 LOTRguy

LOTRguy
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 08:03 PM

I remember playing some player made maps and some of them had the skyline view (except there was no sky it was just black) and it didin't lag very much.

But also maybe you should do the camera like empire earth?
It has the BFME camera but then you zoom in with the mouse and it goes to skyline view with 100% no lag. (but the graphics aren't that good though).

Edited by LOTRguy, 30 May 2007 - 08:04 PM.

#94 clonecommand

clonecommand

title available

• Members
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 08:14 PM

I think it didn't lag becuase the graphics were'nt good and the sky was black.

I really don't want any more lag in the game. It already pains me enough to mve that slide from ultra high to medium. :(

#95 CapnAstroSponge

CapnAstroSponge

title available

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • Projects:Trolling the S.E.E Boards

Posted 30 May 2007 - 09:14 PM

Clone's right, but it sounds cool to me...

EA ripped us off giving us those screenshots, didn't it? I'd play on Ultra-Low if it meant seeing a skyline.
Posted Image

Never come between a Capn and his..uh..AstroSponge? No, no...Never come between a CapnAstro and his Sponge! Uh.....this doesn't work as well as the other guys names..

I am..

Posted Image

#96 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 04 June 2007 - 02:46 AM

It is a really great wish of mine to at least be able to test this, but this will be way down the list of things to do... if ever :S

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#97 Onicrom

Onicrom
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 12:15 AM

Actually, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't. I used to model with Houdini and Maya and I've made skylines with those programs without any seriouse issues. It shouldn't cause to much lag because the skyline would be a massive low polygon half-sphere with a supersized texture on it. But that involves editing the maps, which isn't that big a deal in itself, but what is or what I think is, would be extending the terrain so that there isn't an ominouse black shroud between the horizon and the terrain. If you wanted external lighting (ie. a sun) thats a little different because it is alot more complicated.

P.S. I no longer have a liscence for Maya. I still have a non-commercial liscence for Houdini, but its sooooooooooo complicated, I prefer to stay away from it. I've gotten really rusty with it because I haven't used in so long. Thats why I've never mentioned any modeling skill I have, plus I have no idea how to import things into the game files. And I had school.

Edited by Onicrom, 09 June 2007 - 02:16 AM.

Posted Image

#98 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 09 June 2007 - 02:10 AM

I see... well... I will not forget about the idea/wish though, so I will have a talk with "my" modelers about this eventually =) The textures are already in the game files, and they look really good... I think EA intended to make the BFME2 full 3D, but then skipped it for some reason... :(

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#99 Onicrom

Onicrom
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 02:15 AM

They probably cared more about making the release date than adding cool quality features.
Posted Image

#100 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 09 June 2007 - 02:43 AM

Unlike us... lol
Well, it been a hard day. I'm off to Minas Morgul for some sleep...

Now where's that Fell when I need him... Come here boy! Come here! *screech* :blush:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users