#1 IthronAiwendil

IthronAiwendil

Retired modder

• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts
  • Projects:None
  •  Coder, skinner, modeler, art guy

Posted 13 May 2007 - 09:42 AM

After a really long break, I have finally returned to continue working on WotE. Thanks for keeping the forums alive while I was away :blink:

After the Private Beta of Evil Men I port the mod to Patch 2.01. After that I will start working on Mordor, since it's not very functional due to the fact that they have no Evil Men units any more. Servant of Sauron has done some great brainstorming and I can now announce at least some of the new units of Mordor (the Mordor units from earlier WotE versions are also included):

NEW HEROES:
- Gorbag (Orc of Minas Morgul)
- Shagrat (Leader of the Uruk-hai garrison of the Tower of Cirth Ungol)
- Mollock, Troll of Gorgoroth (Cheiftain of the Trolls of Mordor)
- Boldog (Maia in Orc from, Structure hero, recruited from Dark Tent/Morgul Tower)
- Shelob (Spider from Torech Ungol)

NEW UNITS:
- Orc Scouts (Early game scouts)
- Orc Spearmen (Basic pikemen)
- Morgul Achers (Elite archers)
- Spiderlings (Special unit)
- Spider-Riders (Elite cavalry [Please don't kill me because of that :unsure: ])
- Morgul Warg Riders (Basic cavalry)
- Black Uruks (Elite swordsmen)
- Gorgoroth Berserker (Heavy swordsmen)
- Pikemen of Morgul Vale (Heavy Pikemen)

NEW STRUCTURES:
- Dark Tent/Morgul Tower (Trains Black Uruks, Gorgoroth Berserker, Boldog and Pikemen of Morgul Vale)
- Spider Pit (Trains Spiderlings and Spider-Riders)

I've also got some more ideas, and Servant of Sauron has sent me some really cool ones as well, but these are all for now ;)

Please post your ideas and suggestions here!

Edited by IthronAiwendil, 13 May 2007 - 10:11 AM.

#2 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 13 May 2007 - 11:22 AM

- Gorbag was the Uruk and Shagrat the orc

- In the book the Mouth of Sauron comes out of the Black Gate along with some Dark Numenorian soldiers, perhaps they could be the uber-elite

- There were also many Dark Numenorian riders coming out of Minas Morgul in the book of TTT

- Perhaps a cool idea would be to introduce 'Orc Snaga', similar to BfME1 orcs, very weak, no cost, low cp, you get powerpoints yourself if they are getting killed, so this would make mordor-players spam orcs more to get the movie-feeling of mordor again
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#3 IthronAiwendil

IthronAiwendil

Retired modder

• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts
  • Projects:None
  •  Coder, skinner, modeler, art guy

Posted 13 May 2007 - 11:37 AM

Gorbag was the orc, Shagrat was the Uruk. Check the books if you don't believe me, but I think every Tolkien fan here will agree with me about this :unsure:

I might include some Morgul Knights as basic infantry for Mordor.

#4 JEV3

JEV3

Mighty Armadillo

• Hosted
  • 719 posts
  • Projects:Game Enhancement Mod
  •  Coder, Skinner, Graphics, GEM Mod Leader
  • Job:T3A Chamber Member

Posted 13 May 2007 - 11:52 AM

I personally like the Spider Riders... Though I am hoping maybe you could change the model that sits on top of the spider because he is UGLY... (yeah I know.... supposed to be ugly... but he is not even looking like an orc)

EDIT: Checked the books, Shagrat was the uruk, but Gorbag was the one that wanted to keep the shirt...

Edited by JEV3, 13 May 2007 - 11:59 AM.

He who bears skill but lacks effort, makes himself inferior to those who have no skill but try nonetheless.
Posted Image
Posted Image
"There is some good in this world, and its worth fighting for!"
J.M.J.

#5 D_bershevits

D_bershevits
  • Banned
  • 148 posts
  • Projects:Gondor Power Pack, Last Alliance

Posted 13 May 2007 - 01:00 PM

Welcome back, And good ideas
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Juissi

Juissi

AWESOM-O

• Hosted
  • 1,555 posts
  • Projects:Last Alliance modification, The Hobbit mod
  •  Forger Of (Last) Alliance

Posted 13 May 2007 - 02:12 PM

- Spider-Riders (Elite cavalry [Please don't kill me because of that :unsure: ])

Im coming for ya ;)
Not really imo spider riders arent even that bad. Nice to see ya back :blink:

#7 Lord Homer of Shire

Lord Homer of Shire
  • Members
  • 47 posts
  •  Professional Hobbitpawner

Posted 13 May 2007 - 02:25 PM

Gorbag was the orc, Shagrat was the uruk :unsure:
Posted Image

#8 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 13 May 2007 - 03:35 PM

Nobody's 100% sure....

Some say PJ mixed them, but frankly, he never named them... So, for all refrence to the two, non in the movie crew namned them I think.. Most likely cause PJ wasn't sure himself :unsure:

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#9 Servant of Sauron

Servant of Sauron

The right hand of Saruman

• Project Team
  • 258 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 04:22 PM

Shagrat has black skin and Gorbag has pale green skin. The former is the Uruk and the latter is the Orc.

That said I may have messed that up in my brainstorm so if I did I'm sorry :dry:

The old world will burn in the fires of industry! The forests will fall! A new order will rise...we will drive the machine of war with the sword and the spear and the iron fist of the Orc! We have only to remove those who oppose us...

Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 13 May 2007 - 04:32 PM

Just checked it, in the books Shagrat was the uruk and gorbag the orc. But I'm 100% sure in the movies PJ mixed them, because Gorbag was the one who wanted to keep the shirt and in the movie he was dark-skinned.

So:
Movies: Shagrat orc, Gorbag Uruk, Gorbag wants to keep the shirt
Books: Shagrat Uruk, Gorbag orc, Gorbag wants to keep the shirt
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#11 Servant of Sauron

Servant of Sauron

The right hand of Saruman

• Project Team
  • 258 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 11:53 PM

Uruks are very disciplined and so the Orc(which ever he is, God only knows at this point)would want the shirt. Well at least according to Tolkien.

Edited by Servant of Sauron, 13 May 2007 - 11:53 PM.

The old world will burn in the fires of industry! The forests will fall! A new order will rise...we will drive the machine of war with the sword and the spear and the iron fist of the Orc! We have only to remove those who oppose us...

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users