#1 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

5700 vxl files & counting...

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  • Projects:D-Day
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 13 May 2007 - 03:55 PM

The Spitfire is quite important to me, it was the first voxel I made for D-day (many years ago when I was just a researcher on the D-day staff). I’ve also made more Spitfire voxels then any other aircraft, these two being the 8th & 9th (I doubt that I’ll need to make any more now tho :unsure: )

Spitfire Mk.V
Posted Image

Spitfire Mk.XIV
Posted Image

I’ve made some changes to the unit list, mainly filling the gaps in the naval units (you might find a surprise if you look hard). One major change tho is that the Gloster Meteor is now a late-war unit instead of post-war, the Hawker Hunter will take its place post war.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts
  •  Former Community Leader

Posted 13 May 2007 - 04:24 PM

Nice stuff :dry:. And wow, I had no idea that the Spitfire was the first voxel you made for D-Day.

#3 wilmet

wilmet

muscles from brussels ?

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 08:45 PM

I always thought the spitfire was perhaps the best looking propeller plane ever made :dry:

been a while since I've had a hard look at the unit list, would the surprise be the soviet aircraft carrier?
apologising to the world on behalf of my country for the existence of Brussel sprouts and Jean Claude Vandame

"I'm not retreating, I'm just fighting in another direction" (anonymous US corporal, Korea)

work is sacred...so don't go near it.

#4 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 13 May 2007 - 08:52 PM

I see I can't hide anything from you :dry: yer the soviets are getting a aircraft carrier!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 wilmet

wilmet

muscles from brussels ?

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 09:14 PM

daaaaiuuum I'm good :dry: ...or sad, dunno really :rolleyes:
I hesitated for a while cause I saw at least a dozen things I couldn't remember, but I went with the gut feeling :cool2:

btw, some countries get spy planes and others don't according to the list :thumbsupsmiley:
apologising to the world on behalf of my country for the existence of Brussel sprouts and Jean Claude Vandame

"I'm not retreating, I'm just fighting in another direction" (anonymous US corporal, Korea)

work is sacred...so don't go near it.

#6 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 13 May 2007 - 10:18 PM

The superweapons aren't finalised (like most of the list) & spyplanes are really the backup when I cant find any SW for that side. If there are blank spaces then I’m still doing research on that side in hope of finding something better then a spyplane :dry:

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Naruto

Naruto
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 03:08 AM

Nice plane you got there MigEater.... :thumbsupsmiley: very cool.

BTW i have a question regarding this mod for RA2YR...it seem like when i visited ur site for the first time and took a looked on the screenshoots, i noticed that it looks familiar from the PC game called Blitzkrieg. ^_^ I have that game btw and its very kool. Are you converting Blitzkrieg to be a mod in RA2YR? :rolleyes: I also noticed that you also copy some structure (buildings). Last question, are the animation for the building for this mod going to be the same as the Blitzkrieg.....just curios :cool2: ?

Good luck on this mod though.......and hope it will be an awesome mod for RA2YR :dry:

#8 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 14 May 2007 - 07:23 AM

Creating a new account isn't going to help you Sudeki :dry:

Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Daz

Daz

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,654 posts
  •  Revora Co-Founder

Posted 14 May 2007 - 10:43 AM

Hurray for Spitfires!

There's a life size replica of one on a roundabout around 3 minutes away from my house, marking the site of the RAF Thornaby (1930-1958).

I'm not sure if Spitfires were even based there as it was mainly a light bomber base (Lockheed Hudsons), there were some Vampires there post-war though.

#10 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 14 May 2007 - 11:43 AM

Spitfires from 401 & 608 Squadron where flown from Thornaby.

Where exactly is the replica? I’ve been trying to find it on google map, I found what’s left of the airfield but I cant see anything on the roundabouts near it :dry:

Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Naruto

Naruto
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 07:35 PM

BTW....im not Sudeki , thtas my brother and his older than me.
He was already send to Iraq and he left his laptop with me........if you want proof i have photo to show you in a couple of days....he going to send some photos of him in Iraq soon :p

Here a photo before they where deployed. He the one on the very left side
Posted Image

#12 LEGO

LEGO

title available

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 04:41 AM

Great Spitfire! She's my second favorate next to Mustang :p
But if Gloster Meteor is a late-war, where is Mk.XIV then?? Or you have changed the define of "late-war"?? :w00t:

BTW, Naruto, Good luck to your brother.

#13 Daz

Daz

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,654 posts
  •  Revora Co-Founder

Posted 15 May 2007 - 04:24 PM

Spitfires from 401 & 608 Squadron where flown from Thornaby.

Where exactly is the replica? I’ve been trying to find it on google map, I found what’s left of the airfield but I cant see anything on the roundabouts near it :)

Ah, didn't know 608 had them - from what i'd read that was just a bomber squadron.

I don't think it'll be on google maps, it was only put up a month or two ago.

It's on that roundabout, there's only trees there on Google maps unfortunately.

Google maps for the area is around a year old judging by the half completed housing on the edge of the river tees.

If I get chance I might go and take some pictures, it's mounted quite high up though (I suppose to suggest it's flying).

Edit:

Bit of info on it's markings
Picture just after it had been put in place, the scaffolding isn't there now.

Edited by Daz, 15 May 2007 - 04:31 PM.

#14 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 15 May 2007 - 06:08 PM

Thx Daz that cleared things up :)

Naruto, Sudeki, XIA (who ever the fuck you are) I wouldn't bother, its clear your full of bull. All you are doing is digging the hole your in even deeper.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 LEGO

LEGO

title available

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 12:43 AM

Seems I didn't make myself clear.
But Mig, as you define the 3rd period 1942-1944, it would be too early for MK14(and leaves no room for my MK9!):D
And Meteor would be the same problem.
Honestly 1942-1944 is too long a time. It means Allies have P51D and Spitfire14 in 1942!(Poor Luftwaffen...) IMO 1942-1943, 1944-1945 would be better, we can have P51B/C-P51D, Spitfire9-14. Then we can have more wartime types rather than actually postwar types.
It's a WW2 mod after all, right? :p

#16 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  •  Friendly neighborhood standards Nazi

Posted 17 May 2007 - 12:57 AM

</surprise>
Sweet voxels :p

World Domination Status: 2.7%

#17 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 17 May 2007 - 07:38 AM

The Spitfire Mk.XIV started production in 1943 & went into service in 1944 so I would hardly call it a post-war plane, it was soon replaced by the Mk.XVIII in 1945 too. The Meteor as well was being built in 1943 & in service by 1944 (it actually came into service before the Me-262 BTW) so again not a post-war plane, but I guess everyone forgets about that & just remembers the many years it flying for after the war.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 LEGO

LEGO

title available

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 11:41 AM

What I mean is MK14 should be a late-war, and leave mid-war for MK9(the most cute Spitfire IMO :D )
Meteor went into service in 1944 but was not the mainstay of first line fighters as Spitfire or Tempest until the end of war, IIRC? (personally I'd like to see more Ultimate "fans" :p rather than jets...)
PS: Same for the USAAF(51B/C=>51D :p ) I mean.

Edited by LEGO, 17 May 2007 - 11:47 AM.

#19 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 17 May 2007 - 04:42 PM

Ah... sod it I'll change it back :p the Mk.V early war, Mk.IX mid & Mk.XIV late war, the Hunter goes & the Metor is back to late war. Oh well at least it saves me having to make a vxl of the Hunter :D

Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  •  Friendly neighborhood standards Nazi

Posted 18 May 2007 - 03:57 AM

The blue dots on the frontal wing yellow bars look odd.
Guess you'll have to make another two Spit's :)

World Domination Status: 2.7%

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users