New Faction

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Nolis

Nolis

Panathinaikos for ever...

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • Projects:Battle for Heaven and Hell, Return of the Eldar, Evil Mod II, Inheritance Mod, Taralomian Assault(on hold)
  •  Mapper & more than basic coder

Posted 17 May 2007 - 02:04 PM

I want to make a new faction but I have no idea how I am gonna do this.The only thing I know to do is makong maps.I want to learn to make skins and others but the tutorials didn't help me.Can anybody plz tell me how can I make a new faction?
Cower at the Arrival of Death

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

.:.('.').:.

I was born to be the best, No1 and nothing less...

Jobs in modelling and skinning availlable in Battle for Heaven and Hell.Click here to join.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 17 May 2007 - 03:46 PM

Then try looking at the tutorials and downloads again, you might find something useful, such as this:

http://www.the3rdage.net/item-62
Posted Image

#3 Nolis

Nolis

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • Projects:Battle for Heaven and Hell, Return of the Eldar, Evil Mod II, Inheritance Mod, Taralomian Assault(on hold)

Posted 18 May 2007 - 08:40 AM

I already have this but I can't do anything.I just can't understand how it works.

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

Jobs in modelling and skinning availlable in Battle for Heaven and Hell.Click here to join.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 SquallBK

SquallBK

Coder

• Project Team
  • 221 posts
  • Projects:No public projects until I finish a mod, I've learned my lesson
  •  Coder

Posted 18 May 2007 - 07:13 PM

I'll try to explain, but I don't know if I can.

I will explain only how to add a faction to the playertemplate, and make references in the lotr.str, as I am still learning how to add new factions to the ai.

First off, you are going to need a final big editor, which you can download off the t3a site. After you have one, open up the default ini, and extract the whole thing to the data directory. After that, take your default ini and put it somewhere safe (like 'my documents').

After that, go to data/ini/playertemplate.ini

add this code to the bottom (after the word end at the bottom of the page)-

PlayerTemplate FactionRohan ; replace this with your faction name
Side = Rohan ; replace this with the name of your faction
PlayableSide = Yes ; self explanatory
Evil = No ; once again, self explanatory
StartMoney = 0 ; how much starting resources will your faction have
MaxLevelMP = #DIVIDE( PLAYER_MAX_PURCHASE_POINTS_DEFAULT PLAYER_PURCHASE_POINTS_GRANTED ) ; leave this stuff alone for now
MaxLevelSP = #DIVIDE( PLAYER_MAX_PURCHASE_POINTS_GOOD PLAYER_PURCHASE_POINTS_GRANTED )
PreferredColor = R:43 G:150 B:179 ; the preferred color code for your faction, i'd suggest leaving it alone
StartingBuilding = RohanFortress ; your factions beginning fortress

;------------- NO STARTING UNITS FOR YOU -------
;StartingUnit0 = ElvenLorienArcherHorde
;StartingUnitOffset0 = X:-70 Y:220 Z:0

StartingUnit1 = RohanPorter ; the porter your faction starts with
StartingUnitOffset1 = X:30 Y:250 Z:0
StartingUnit0 = RohanPorter ; same thing
StartingUnitOffset0 = X:1 Y:160 Z:0

StartingUnitTacticalWOTR = RohanPorter ; your starting porter for skirmish WOTR battles
StartingUnitTacticalWOTR = RohanPorter; same thing
IntrinsicSciences = SCIENCE_GOOD ; will your faction use evil or good science?
IntrinsicSciencesMP = SCIENCE_ELVES ; usually you would make individual sciences for your faction
SpellBook = GoodSpellBook ; same thing as science, good spell book or evil?
SpellBookMp = MenSpellBook; usually factions have individual spellbooks too
PurchaseScienceCommandSet = GoodSpellStoreCommandSet ; this is the commandset for the sciences for your faction
PurchaseScienceCommandSetMP = MenSpellStoreCommandSet ; same thing
DisplayName = INI:FactionRohan ; this references to the lotr.str, i'll explain later
DefaultPlayerAIType = RohanSkirmishAI ; don't know much about this, someone else could probably explain better
BeaconName = MultiplayerBeacon
LightPointsUpSound = GondorLightPointsUp
ObjectiveAddedSound = Gui_MissionObjectiveNew
ObjectiveCompletedSound = Gui_MissionObjectiveCompleted
InitialUpgrades = Upgrade_MenFaction ; Any upgrades this player template is born with.

// NOTE: It is very important that the create-a-hero be the first buildable hero, to ensure that the create-a-hero and the ring hero are always
// attached to the first two buttons in the command set.

BuildableHeroesMP = CreateAHero RohanEomer RohanTheoden RohanEowyn ElvenGlorfindel GondorFaramir ArnorCaptainStealthless ; the heroes your faction will have
BuildableRingHeroesMP = ElvenGaladriel_RingHero ; your factions ring hero
SpellStoreCurrentPowerLabel = APT:SpellStoreCurrentEvenstarPower
SpellStoreMaximumPowerLabel = APT:SpellStoreMaximumEvenstarPower
ResourceModifierObjectFilter = RESOURCE_MODIFIER_OBJECT_FILTER
ResourceModifierValues = 100 100 100 100 90 85 80 75 71 68 66
MultiSelectionPortrait = UPRohanArmy ; the portrait for your faction's army when you have several, different units selected
LoadScreenMusic = Shell2MusicForLoadScreen ; don't know lol
End

IMPORTANT- all the things I put on the side to explain to you what they are, do not go in the actual playertemplate, here is the code for what is suppost to go in the playertemplate.ini-

PlayerTemplate FactionRohan
Side = Rohan
PlayableSide = Yes ; Please note: the presence of "SIDE:Elves" in the string file is what makes this appear in MP as a playable side. And the skirmish scripts are what actually make it function.
Evil = No
StartMoney = 0
MaxLevelMP = #DIVIDE( PLAYER_MAX_PURCHASE_POINTS_DEFAULT PLAYER_PURCHASE_POINTS_GRANTED )
MaxLevelSP = #DIVIDE( PLAYER_MAX_PURCHASE_POINTS_GOOD PLAYER_PURCHASE_POINTS_GRANTED )
PreferredColor = R:43 G:150 B:179
StartingBuilding = RohanFortress

;------------- NO STARTING UNITS FOR YOU -------
;StartingUnit0 = ElvenLorienArcherHorde
;StartingUnitOffset0 = X:-70 Y:220 Z:0

StartingUnit1 = RohanPorter
StartingUnitOffset1 = X:30 Y:250 Z:0
StartingUnit0 = RohanPorter
StartingUnitOffset0 = X:1 Y:160 Z:0

StartingUnitTacticalWOTR = RohanPorter
StartingUnitTacticalWOTR = RohanPorter
IntrinsicSciences = SCIENCE_GOOD
IntrinsicSciencesMP = SCIENCE_ELVES
SpellBook = GoodSpellBook
SpellBookMp = MenSpellBook
PurchaseScienceCommandSet = GoodSpellStoreCommandSet
PurchaseScienceCommandSetMP = MenSpellStoreCommandSet
DisplayName = INI:FactionRohan
DefaultPlayerAIType = RohanSkirmishAI ; Needs to exist before I can change it.
BeaconName = MultiplayerBeacon
LightPointsUpSound = GondorLightPointsUp
ObjectiveAddedSound = Gui_MissionObjectiveNew
ObjectiveCompletedSound = Gui_MissionObjectiveCompleted
InitialUpgrades = Upgrade_MenFaction ; Any upgrades this player template is born with.

// NOTE: It is very important that the create-a-hero be the first buildable hero, to ensure that the create-a-hero and the ring hero are always
// attached to the first two buttons in the command set.

BuildableHeroesMP = CreateAHero RohanEomer RohanTheoden RohanEowyn ElvenGlorfindel GondorFaramir ArnorCaptainStealthless
BuildableRingHeroesMP = ElvenGaladriel_RingHero
SpellStoreCurrentPowerLabel = APT:SpellStoreCurrentEvenstarPower
SpellStoreMaximumPowerLabel = APT:SpellStoreMaximumEvenstarPower
ResourceModifierObjectFilter = RESOURCE_MODIFIER_OBJECT_FILTER
ResourceModifierValues = 100 100 100 100 90 85 80 75 71 68 66
MultiSelectionPortrait = UPRohanArmy
LoadScreenMusic = Shell2MusicForLoadScreen
End

after you have done all that, you need to go to the main directory of your bfme2/rotwk folder (whatever game your doing this for) and find the folder 'lang' in that, open up your english.big.

Extract only the lotr.str to your desktop. open it with notepad or some writing format (i personally consider notepad the best for coding) find the area with the INI:Faction lines , which I believe is some where 3/4's near the end of the page, but I may be wrong.

when you find it, after the end line add this-

INI:FactionYourFactionNameHere
"Your Faction Name Here"

be sure to put END after it (the END all in caps) and make sure that the Faction line has caps for the beginning letters, like lets say your faction name is rohan you would add this line-

INI:FactionRohan
"Rohan"
END

edit- almost forgot, very important, once you have edited your lotr.str you will need to drag and drop it into the english.big file, just rename the file path data\lotr.str and they will ask if you want to replace the old one, choose yes

I hope that helped.

Edited by SquallBK, 18 May 2007 - 08:31 PM.

#5 Nolis

Nolis

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 08:38 AM

Thx very much it really helped.But (don't forget that I am new) I have some questions.
1)How can I make a science or spellbook?
2)what is a porter?

Thx again :)

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 punisher60k

punisher60k
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 08:55 AM

Thx very much it really helped.But (don't forget that I am new) I have some questions.
1)How can I make a science or spellbook?
2)what is a porter?the port

Thx again :grin:

Well if you read the tutorials you will find out how to make a spellbook powers :) , and a porter is the guy that makes your faction's buildings :)

Edited by punisher60k, 20 May 2007 - 06:37 PM.

#7 SquallBK

SquallBK

Coder

• Project Team
  • 221 posts
  •  Coder

Posted 19 May 2007 - 11:05 PM

Nolis- a porter is the person who builds your building (if your modding bfme2 or rotwk that is)

and in answer to number 1, just find your science.ini and just add a code similar to one already in there.

spellbooks are more complicated, and im gonna be completely honest when I say I'm feeling lazy, I'll explain later, or someone else can. Also has people have suggested, some not so nicely, it would be a good idea to look at tutorials on t3a. They have quite a variety that will help in modding, exspecially those for beginners.

Edited by SquallBK, 19 May 2007 - 11:07 PM.

#8 Nolis

Nolis

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 02:04 PM

Can anybody give me a link to the tutorials.I can't remember where they are. :p

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 SquallBK

SquallBK

Coder

• Project Team
  • 221 posts
  •  Coder

Posted 22 May 2007 - 08:02 PM

just go to www.the3rdage.net

#10 Nolis

Nolis

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 07:15 PM

I need some help on how to make spellbooks plz.Can anybody help?
I also want to know what I need to make new heroes for my factions.(Just name them if I have any questions I will ask)

Edited by Nolis, 26 May 2007 - 07:19 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 SquallBK

SquallBK

Coder

• Project Team
  • 221 posts
  •  Coder

Posted 27 May 2007 - 12:31 AM

Well, about the spellbooks, do you want to add new spells that currently do not exist in the game? Or just add existing spells from other factions?

And to make brand new heroes, theres not really much to it, it just involves learning to create models. I would suggest getting a team together if you are making a big mod, but if its just one with a few changes here and there, then its up to you.

But with a team, people won't let you have all the ideas. They will probably want you to work as a team player, not a boss, and it is very difficult to find a modding team anyway as most people in modding are very busy with their own projects.

#12 Nolis

Nolis

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 11:41 AM

Sorry for being late! I was doing some experiments.
Anyway,I want to make and add new spells!

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 Guest_Guest_Elrond99_*_*

Guest_Guest_Elrond99_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2007 - 02:31 PM

I know a good Tutorials for that, but its German, I don´t know if you would understand

#14 Nolis

Nolis

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 02:52 PM

Sorry but I don't speak German! :p

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users