Photo
- - - - -

Song for Vietnam game - let me know what you think?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 djalliance

djalliance
  • Project Team
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 06:11 PM

Hi folks, im new on here. Im the one producing the tracks for this Vietnam Mod game. Can't remember the title, ims ure it son the main page though :p

Anyway, it would be great to get some feedback on some track that ive been making for this game. Ill post them up as they progress further. But here is one ive almost complete. To make things easier i have put together a feedback form just to make it easier for me to analyse what need simporved or changed. It would be very much appreciated if you could take the time o have a listen to give some honest feedback.

http://download.yous...6FAE7912004AD9C (should only take around 3mins to download)

Limited number of downloads, so don't download more than whats neccessary.

Here is the feedback form, please take the time to fill it out - thank you :) Either stick a comment next to each part or give it a mark out of ten.

Song Title: Commence
Genre: War style/Classical

Lengh (too short/long?):
Speed (too fast/not fast enough?):
Style (suits the game?):
Clarity (does it sound muffled or clear?/mark out of ten):
Instruments used (mark out of ten):
Freshness (does it get boring, not enough changes etc/mark out of ten):
Innovative (is it original?/mark out of ten):
Level's (any instrumens too loud int he mix or too low?):
Comments( anything you would like to add):

Thank you.

#2 AntiSocialKindaGuy

AntiSocialKindaGuy

Self-Centred Egotistical Wankpot

• Project Team
  • 851 posts
  • Projects:V:GO
  •  Thoroughly Stonking Programming Bloke

Posted 21 May 2007 - 07:52 PM

You should know what I think by now. :p But for others to see:

Lengh (too short/long?): Fine

Speed (too fast/not fast enough?): Fine

Style (suits the game?): I'm still not entirely sure the techno fits, but it breaks the piece up and theres only 20 seconds of it before it starts blending back again. The rest is fine as a classical military piece.

Clarity (does it sound muffled or clear?/mark out of ten): Fine

Instruments used (mark out of ten): Crap trumpet, but the strings are lovely :grin:

Freshness (does it get boring, not enough changes etc/mark out of ten): Varies just enough to keep you interested without sounding a bit odd. Except for the techno jump, which seems out of place at first, but because it blends pretty quickly you don't really notice. It's got decent pacing though, and is broken up with loud and quiet bits, which works pretty well.

Innovative (is it original?/mark out of ten): Well, sounds pretty original to me. Reminds me of a mix of Bill Brown and Klepacki. It's not supposed to be too crazy after all.

Level's (any instrumens too loud int he mix or too low?): Much better now the trumpet has been toned down.

Comments( anything you would like to add):
I've had it in-game, and it works pretty well. I've got it at a level where its noticable but not obtrusive, and it feels about right. Almost like a pre-war thing, makes you think of strong, robust military might. Which is what the USA side is all about. :)

Overall a good first piece, and I'm happy with it. Bring on the next!
Vietnam | Glory Obscured - Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour Mod Programmer
EA Criterion - AI / Gameplay / Physics / Tools programmer on a top secret project only ScreamingCricket can know about. Shh ....
Steve's Woosome Website - Enjoy the wonders of my thoroughly stonking website

There are two ways of constructing a software design: one way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies, and the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies.

Posted Image

#3 djalliance

djalliance
  • Project Team
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 01:16 PM

Comon ppl :p 32 views and only 1 reply??? it would be great to get some feedback or else I wont have a clue what you like and don't like.

#4 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2007 - 04:40 PM

AntiSocial hit that one pretty good. I'd say the very beginning of the techno part fits. It kind of reminds me of the random heavy guitar in the original tunes, though there should be a lead in note, not an empty gap between the trumpet and the techno. After the odd snare-like drum hits in during the techno at around 2:25 is where it goes downhill, just stick with what you had at the beginning of that section so it doesn't stray way too far.

Also, just a quick suggestion, make the underlying drum deeper (not the snare). The song needs to have bass in there or else it sounds empty.

#5 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2007 - 06:33 PM

can you re host?

-Jackson

#6 Guest_Guest_Fighting Phantom_*_*

Guest_Guest_Fighting Phantom_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2007 - 01:27 AM

Yes, could you rehost?

#7 djalliance

djalliance
  • Project Team
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 10:21 AM

Here you go guys:

http://download.yous...1F86960788B861A

#8 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2007 - 07:29 AM

just to let you know, all music for the Vietnam game from now on will be uploaded to the music player at: http://www.vgomod.co.nr/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users