• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Godwin

Godwin

title available

• Hosted
  • 491 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 12:01 PM

Hi guys, I was wondering if it's possible to get access to the database (I'm assuming with my limited knowledge is it a server level thing) because I'm thinking of upgrading to Gallery 2.

The installation apparently needs a hostname or password: http://codex.gallery...g2_itemId=12925

Gallery 2 requires many of the same things that G1 required. A web server, php and some graphics manipulation programs. You probably already know these things... but there is ONE new requirement: a database. Right now, there is support for MySQL 3,4, PostgreSQL and Oracle 9/10. Of course, the other requirements are a web server (apache, iis, zeus?), php (4 or 5) and some graphics manipulation packages (netpbm, imagemagick, ffmpeg, gd). Space for the images is probably one of the more obvious requirements :p

It's alright if this is not possible, but thanks for the help anyway ;)

P.S. my IP range was apparently banned from this forum a while back, not sure why, but got MM to open it up.

Edited by Godwin, 26 May 2007 - 12:03 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Godwin

Godwin

title available

• Hosted
  • 491 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 04:59 AM

Even a reply saying no would be nice? I would PM but I don't know who's the best person to direct this to.
Posted Image

#3 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts
  • Projects:MasterNews 3
  •  The Man Behind the Curtain

Posted 30 May 2007 - 07:38 AM

Sorry, things have been a bit nuts here with the server move and such. Blaat should be able to take care of it.
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

Too cute! | Server Status: If you can read this, it's up |

#4 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts
  •  Former Community Leader

Posted 30 May 2007 - 06:39 PM

Done and PM sent. Sorry, I too was busy and I didn't get what you wanted at first. Good luck with the gallery :p.

#5 Godwin

Godwin

title available

• Hosted
  • 491 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 04:30 AM

Hi guys, I need to know if there've been changes to these things after all the moves and changes on the server side of things. It seems I can no longer login to gamemod_godwingallery at localhost and my Gallery2 has been giving me myriad problems of late - authentication failures, failure to rebuild thumbnails, etc. I reckon it is a database problem because I hardly ever touch the configurations since my installation and G2 is supposedly very DB dependent.

Oh and since apparently Blaat has left the team, who is in charge of hostees and Ralert now?

Edited by Godwin, 04 December 2007 - 04:31 AM.

Posted Image

#6 jnengland77

jnengland77

Lurking Behind the Curtain

• Network Admins
  • 260 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Server Lord

Posted 04 December 2007 - 04:58 AM

I'm looking into it. MM checked the db and it seems fine. Could you provide more information if possible?

#7 Godwin

Godwin

title available

• Hosted
  • 491 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 05:12 AM

Well for one, I can't (EDIT: couldn't, seems it's working but I'm assed to find the problem right now, I gotta go for work) log into my assigned gallery database through phpMyAdmin, not that I wanted to do anything there, but I was just trying to find out how to fix my Gallery problems since I've tried just about everything google can offer me, and that seemed odd and also a lead. I wouldn't assume you'd be familiar with it in particular, but this is what it throws up:

Your change cannot be completed due to a loss of session data. Please try again. If it still doesn't work, try logging out and logging back in.
Back to the Gallery

---

Error Detail -
Error (ERROR_REQUEST_FORGED)

* in modules/core/classes/GalleryController.class at line 239 (GalleryCoreApi::error)
* in main.php at line 224 (GalleryController::assertIsGenuineRequest)
* in main.php at line 94
* in main.php at line 83

---

System Information
Gallery version 2.2.1
PHP version 5.2.5 cgi-fcgi
Webserver Apache/2.2.6 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.6 OpenSSL/0.9.7a mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1
Database mysqlt 4.1.22-standard-log
Toolkits ImageMagick, Thumbnail
Operating system Linux fawkes.icetex-hosting.net 2.6.21-tame #1 SMP Sat Oct 20 16:09:55 CDT 2007 i686
Browser Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.9) Gecko/20071025 Firefox/2.0.0.9

Edited by Godwin, 04 December 2007 - 05:15 AM.

Posted Image

#8 jnengland77

jnengland77

Lurking Behind the Curtain

• Network Admins
  • 260 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Server Lord

Posted 04 December 2007 - 08:24 AM

I got busy doing something else. I'll look into more when I have time (maybe Wedsday night).

In the mean time maybe you could try updating it? Unless it's already up to date.

Nice looking site btw.

~jnengland77

#9 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  •  Friendly neighborhood standards Nazi

Posted 04 December 2007 - 11:07 PM

Oh and since apparently Blaat has left the team, who is in charge of hostees and Ralert now?

That would be myself and Omegabolt

Unfortunately I know essentially nothing of MySQL, and all the links google got me on the error were down.
Since it mentions session data though I'd wipe your cookies and cache, check browser settings, then try a different browser.
Of course, Occums razor doesn't always cut it...

World Domination Status: 2.7%

#10 Godwin

Godwin

title available

• Hosted
  • 491 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 07:58 AM

Oh how smart of me. I've basically just a minute ago wiped my gallery into oblivion, without a backup... and I'm basically fucked. If there is one serverside, could it be reloaded? This would include database and the actual directory files (the latter I care for more). If not... well, it's alright I guess, I can redo everything, I'm just not in the mood for it right now. I'll probably switch to coppermine or some other shit that wouldn't inexplicably fuck up on its own.

Edited by Godwin, 06 December 2007 - 08:21 AM.

Posted Image

#11 Daz

Daz

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,654 posts
  •  Revora Co-Founder

Posted 06 December 2007 - 09:45 AM

I was running G2 aswell and it very occasionally was giving me errors if i changed the view mode from my account to guest (or back again).
Other than that it was fine.

Bad luck with the wiping mate, been there with entire HDs and it's not fun.

#12 Godwin

Godwin

title available

• Hosted
  • 491 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 10:26 PM

Well coppermine turned out to be the ugliest thing ever so I went ahead with basic HTML + SimpleViewer. You can see the outcome if you're interested: http://godwin.ralert.net/gallery/
Posted Image

#13 Daz

Daz

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,654 posts
  •  Revora Co-Founder

Posted 14 December 2007 - 10:54 PM

My initial reaction was "Eurgh, flash" but it actually loads pretty damn quick.
Seems a fairly decent system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users