#1 Linas

Linas

King of Gondor

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Projects:Gediminas Mod
  •  Project Leader For Gediminas Mod and Coder

Posted 26 May 2007 - 02:59 PM

I'm create my own Arnor mod. But i can't play with Arnor in wotr mode. How i can play with Arnor in wotr? Who can help me do this? Thanks.

Edited by Linas, 26 May 2007 - 02:59 PM.

#2 Eonwe

Eonwe

title available

• Project Team
  • 534 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 11:14 PM

I can not help you, but there is a Arnor mod getting created called GEM. Maybe you can help there. He is also editing WOTR.

#3 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  crazy coder

Posted 27 May 2007 - 10:42 AM

I'm create my own Arnor mod. But i can't play with Arnor in wotr mode. How i can play with Arnor in wotr? Who can help me do this? Thanks.

You will have a lot of work to do on this. You will need to define Arnor's items in the livingworld's ini files. A lot of it is already there just commented out. You need to make sure that all of the hero icon's are defined, that the buildings are defined as well as the units they can create. EA has done a lot of the coding, but there are quite a few holes.

The easiest way would be to see how men is set up in each of the files and try to replicate that for Arnor.

#4 Linas

Linas

King of Gondor

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 03:11 PM

Arnor and the minifactions Rudaur, Cardolan, Arthedain and maybe more. What do you think about it?

#5 JEV3

JEV3

Mighty Armadillo

• Hosted
  • 719 posts
  • Projects:Game Enhancement Mod
  •  Coder, Skinner, Graphics, GEM Mod Leader
  • Job:T3A Chamber Member

Posted 27 May 2007 - 03:18 PM

What skills do you have in modding, there is already a Arnor mod under progress (GEM) that I am working on... But at the moment I am a one-man-team and I am not getting things done very quickly...

If you have any skills, especially in skinning or modeling, then you can help me out as I have planned pretty much the same thing... If you don't have any skills and you plan on starting a mod, then you need to get really good at stuff, it is getting harder and harder for mod leaders to find a good modeller, and they often have to learn to do it themselves... Many mods have no teams because everyone is making their own mods instead of helping other ones... (Lauri, Ithron, and me to name a few)

The only mods I know of with a large team is WoA and RA...
He who bears skill but lacks effort, makes himself inferior to those who have no skill but try nonetheless.
Posted Image
Posted Image
"There is some good in this world, and its worth fighting for!"
J.M.J.

#6 Linas

Linas

King of Gondor

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 03:21 PM

I know coding little. Very little... :lol: But i very want have or create mod. I have added Arnor faction, little balance on other races and change main menu screen. It's all. Now.

Edited by Linas, 27 May 2007 - 03:22 PM.

#7 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 27 May 2007 - 05:39 PM

http://forums.revora...showtopic=38372
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#8 Linas

Linas

King of Gondor

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 11:13 AM

My mod named is Battle For Arnor.

My Plans:

I try to create are new campaign (Play for Arnor and i have very good idea for that campaign). I think i can do that create new campaign. But one problem. I need little help. I Need one or two mappers (I can create map but i don't know how to use scripts it's to hard for me) and one INI Coder (help me work). It's all.

Very Please if you can help me please read PM or in the e-mail linas_gediminas@yahoo.com

To JEV3:

Maybe you and your team can help or join over me.

Sorry for me bad English.

Thanks.

Edited by Linas, 28 May 2007 - 11:55 AM.

#9 Pixel

Pixel

• Hosted
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 12:09 PM

Hi Linas,
I think you should try to join Jevs team and not the other way around, You say you only know a little ini?
And some mapping? That is not enough to complete a mod by yourself to be honest. Jev is a very advanced ini coder along with other things. If you are thinking of going ahead with your own mod still, I suggest you learn a little more first.. Otherwise you will run in to problems if you want/need new content.

#10 SquallBK

SquallBK

Coder

• Project Team
  • 221 posts
  • Projects:No public projects until I finish a mod, I've learned my lesson
  •  Coder

Posted 28 May 2007 - 01:30 PM

Yeah, pretty much what flameguard said. I personally have learned much from the people and tutorials on t3a. I would suggest first checking tutorials. I taught myself some basic INI before coming to t3a, but t3a is what got me going. I think it would do the same for you.

If you cant find what your looking for through tutorials, then you could ask here. If you want the mod your making to be organized, I would suggest that you learn some more Code.

i'd suggest looking at the tutorials on www.the3rdage.net. if you can't find any that will help you, then come here, and I personally will try to help you if no one else does. But I doubt that will happen as most people here are very helpful. :)

Edited by SquallBK, 28 May 2007 - 01:32 PM.

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

#11 Linas

Linas

King of Gondor

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 02:13 PM

I see you are good guy SquallBK. I ask if i need help. Now i'm do scenario for campaign. :)

Edited by Linas, 28 May 2007 - 02:49 PM.

#12 Linas

Linas

King of Gondor

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 01:36 PM

What do you think about this history:

Then Eärnil sent his son Eärnur north with a fleet, as swiftly as he could, and with as great strength as he could spare. Too late. Before Eärnur reached the havens of Lindon, the Witch-king had conquered Arthedain and Arvedui had perished.
'But when Eärnur came to the Grey Havens there was joy and great wonder among both Elves and Men. So great in draught and so many were his ships that they could scarcely find harbourage, though both the Harlond and the Forlond also were filled; and from them descended an army of power, with munition and provision for a war of great kings. Or so it seemed to the people of the North, though this was but a small sending-force of the whole might of Gondor. Most of all, the horses were praised, for many of them came from the Vales of Anduin, and with them were riders tall and fair, and proud princes of Rhovanion.
Then Círdan summoned all who would come to him, from Lindon or Arnor, and when all was ready the host crossed the Lune and marched north to challenge the Witch-king of Angmar. He was now dwelling, it is said, in Fornost, which he had filled with evil folk, usurping the house and rule of the kings. In his pride he did not await the onset of his enemies in his stronghold, but went out to meet them, thinking to sweep them, as others before, into the Lune.
'But the Host of the West came down on him out of the Hills of Evendim, and were was a great battle on the plain between Nenuial and the North Downs. The forces of Angmar were already giving way and retreating towards Fornost when the main body of the horsemen that had passed round the hills came down from the north and scattered them in a great rout. Then the Witch-king, with all that he could gather from the wreck, fled northwards, seeking his own land of Angmar. Before he could gain the shelter of Carn Dûm the cavalry of Gondor overtook him with Eärnur riding at their head. At the same time a force under Glorfindel the Elf-lord came up out of Rivendell. Then so utterly was Angmar defeated that not a man nor an orc of that realm remained west of the Mountains.
'But it is said that when all was lost suddenly the Witch-king himself appeared, black-robed and black-masked upon a black horse. Fear fell upon all who beheld him; but he singled out the Captain of Gondor for the fullness of his hatred, and with a terrible cry he rode straight upon him. Eärnur would have withstood him; but his horse could not endure that onset, and it swerved and bore him far away before he could master it.
'Then the Witch-king laughed, and none that heard it ever forgot the horror of that cry. But Glorfindel rode up then on his white horse, and in the midst of his laughter the Witch-king turned to flight and passed into the shadows. For night came down on the battlefield, and he was lost, and none saw whither he went.
'Eärnur now rode back, but Glorfindel, looking into the gathering dark, said: "Do not pursue him! He will not return to this land. Far off yet is his doom, and not by the hand of man will he fall." These words many remembered; but Eärnur was angry, desiring only to be avenged for his disgrace.
'So ended the evil realm of Angmar; and so did Eärnur, Captain of Gondor, earn the chief hatred of the Witch-king; but many years were still to pass before that was revealed.'

Maybe First mission can be Somewhere in Lindon or Arthedain. Or Fornost (In this mission you must reclaim Fornost). But i can't start create campaign because i need are mapper. And maybe INI coder to help with some code.

Now i'm trying add Arnor to wotr. It's not very hard to edit living world files. But i can't add building and buildable soldiers. Help with this please.

Thanks.

Edited by Linas, 29 May 2007 - 01:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users