Photo

About The Mod

27 replies to this topic

#21 RobertW7928

RobertW7928
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 10:28 AM

So work guys on mod yet i say it again, most of the time the races work great tau, necron but there is 1 that concerns me the eldar they seem to be operating at 2nd gear if you know what i mean they seem lacking and get caught early on with out much defense or cloak or is that just me? , also i would be nice if the ai your ally could build you structures like humans can, say for example you been overrun and u save up enough to build a hq in allied ai base as a lost resort and cant get builders there it would be VERY USEFUL if they built it 4 u, heh i recall an ai building in ai allied base but couldn't cause they couldn't get builders there, hmm as for strategy how about mixing up some units randomize it so its not so predictable or something like that, is it possible for eldar comp to use webway to teleport troops from 1 place to another or use a back entrance like bonesinger teleport to back of enemy base or close to it build webway have some force in webway and bam teleported troops, or even build one in allied base and when they get under attack they can send help immediately throu webway, i dont know something like that give em some edge and to surprise u. Oh and as for ai donations is there anyway you can fix that online? as i recall u play so far into game and bam it screws up? and no some people might like to have it on, hmm think thats it for now I'll inform u if i come up with anything else.

#22 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts
  • Projects:DoW AI Scripting Project
  • Division:DoW
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 26 November 2007 - 02:24 PM

the eldar they seem to be operating at 2nd gear if you know what i mean they seem lacking and get caught early on with out much defense or cloak or is that just me?

No its just you. :) Eldar AI is fine - its the faction itself that is challenging for the AI to use.

also i would be nice if the ai your ally could build you structures like humans can, say for example you been overrun and u save up enough to build a hq in allied ai base as a lost resort and cant get builders there it would be VERY USEFUL if they built it 4 u, heh i recall an ai building in ai allied base but couldn't cause they couldn't get builders there

Well the AI does build a secondary base in its ally's location if its main one is being overthrown. Works well but regrettably its "map-dependant" and the code we have is not designed to calculate all eventualities. We're constrained by what Relic gave us.

, hmm as for strategy how about mixing up some units randomize it so its not so predictable or something like that,

Err what? You joking?? Its totally random. Further, there is only so much randomness you can achieve considering the AI builds units to counter yours.

is it possible for eldar comp to use webway to teleport troops from 1 place to another or use a back entrance like bonesinger teleport to back of enemy base or close to it build webway have some force in webway and bam teleported troops, or even build one in allied base and when they get under attack they can send help immediately throu webway, i dont know something like that give em some edge and to surprise u.

Nope, sorry. Thats hardcoded by Relic.

Oh and as for ai donations is there anyway you can fix that online? as i recall u play so far into game and bam it screws up? and no some people might like to have it on, hmm think thats it for now I'll inform u if i come up with anything else.

SCAR seems to be affected by the speed and latency of the connection. If you try with AI Donations enabled during a local LAN game between two computers you have a FAR less likely chance of it de-syncing then if you are long distance. Again.. this is the folly of SCAR and DoW's network code. We can only tweak AI Donations so much.
Advanced Skirmish AI Team Lead for the coolest Warhammer40k PC RTS out there:

Dawn of War Advanced AI Headquarters

Latest DoW Advanced AI Download!

#23 RobertW7928

RobertW7928
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 06:26 AM

ok thanks for that , say when is soul storm coming out? and hope you make it as fun and challenging mod for it as u have done for dark crusade :rolleyes:

#24 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 06:27 AM

Supposedly March'08 but perhaps even sooner :rolleyes:

#25 RobertW7928

RobertW7928
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 09:11 AM

Ok This Bug I Just Found Out While Using Dawn Of Kingdoms Mod With The Rule Tactics DC, While Tactics DC Increases Line Of Sight If On Higher Terrain And Lowers It On Lower Terrain, When A Unit Leveled Up With Your Mod Heroes They Lost That Terrain Adjusting Line Of Sight Feature, Any Support There? Well This Is How It Happend I Was Playing On Tiboraxx Online With A Friend And 2 Comps, I'm Sure Its No Different Online Then Offline But I'm Just Mentioning It, I Was Tau On Left Side Of Map Up On The Hill I Placed A Pathfinder Squad On Middle Top Hill And I Saw Like Half The Map Then Once They Leveled Up The Sight Was Reduced And I'm Like What the F***! , So Yeah Thats It. Any Fixes Would Be Appreciated. :D

Edited by RobertW7928, 05 December 2007 - 09:12 AM.

#26 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 02:07 PM

Quick response: we don't support other mods. Why? Because we don't get paid enough to support every possible customization that comes down the pipe.

#27 RobertW7928

RobertW7928
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 06:46 AM

Paid . . . . ahahahhaa thats so righteous ;) , cant you do a thing? its just a small bug or i hope, for the love of gaming please look into it.

#28 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 06:58 AM

Unless Arkhan wants to take a look but since Dawn of Kingdom mod is not well known I have my doubts. The only thing I could see is for the HEROES mod to disable all options for itself to increase sight range when it levels up so the Tactics DC rules are not conflicting.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users