#21 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  crazy coder

Posted 01 June 2007 - 09:44 PM

There is no programming language to edit WotR. It is all done in the scripting of the scenarios. The biggest problem is that most of the commands that were in the livingworld in BFME1 do not work in BFME2. There is a scripted mod as can been seen by the tutorial in BFME2, but I could not get it to work in RotWK. So the biggest stumbling block that I have is that I do not know of really any commands other than SpawnArmy that work in an Act in RotWK living world. If anyone knows other commands that would be great!

Because of this, it's all very basic and the map scripting in worldbuilder handles who spawns where, and how to handle the army the player has chosen, etc.

As for HP, I've already been playing around with how strong hobbit heroes should be. Most of the factions will have an early hero, so they each will have their strengths and weaknesses. I'm very hesitant about the battalion of two heroes for Elladan and Elrohir. How they stand now they would be incredibly overpowered. Merry and Pippin now are on two different factions - Merry for Rohan and Pippin for Gondor so they will not be joined into a battalion. With the restructuring of the factions and Rohan it actually is the Elves that have the highest number of heroes, which I like. They have smaller/stronger battalions and more heroes. I might remove a couple of them from skirmish as they really have too many.

I've got the first draft of all the tech trees for all of the factions (including now Evil Men) ready and I will be adding when I release 1.05.

Robert J.

#22 Xingdao Fan

Xingdao Fan

look to the Evening Star!

• Project Team
  • 588 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK (BETA testing)

Posted 02 June 2007 - 04:47 PM

Most of Mordor's techtree is composed by Evil Men. I suppose Mordor is getting new units then?

xingdaofan-1.jpg

#23 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  crazy coder

Posted 02 June 2007 - 05:45 PM

Most of Mordor's techtree is composed by Evil Men. I suppose Mordor is getting new units then?

Yes, they will be getting 3 new units and maybe more down the line. I'm looking to have Mordor be a little more like BFME1. There will be 2 battalions that can get upgraded armor/weapons but the majority of the army is comprised of non-upgradable units. With the removal of the evil men units and the addition of the new nazgul system and new heroes they will be different.

#24 Xingdao Fan

Xingdao Fan

look to the Evening Star!

• Project Team
  • 588 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK (BETA testing)

Posted 02 June 2007 - 09:47 PM

I would like Mordor to be able to form great battalions of units. Mordor Orc Warriors mixing with more Orc Warriors forming a horde of 40 units, 5 columns of 8 units each! Swarming over the enemy!

xingdaofan-1.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users