To address this, i have come up with a few ideas on how to rearrange/alter existing spells (without adjustment to cost and other values so far) as well as a few suggestions regarding additional spell to be added to specific factions. One thing new; every factions should have a definite and unique 'theme' the flows through the whole of the spellbook. Mind that the following list is not complete at all. All factions should have 12 spells, but they should already differ in the selection of the very first powers.
- The usual summon spells (temporary summons) should have a definite location that they appear from, either they can only be used on woods (for ambush type summons) or anywhere, but are arriving from the map edge, like smaug does. Since the watcher is immobile, he should be able to appear just about anywhere.
- Location/Building Summons (like Lone Tower) should STAY UNTIL KILLED, but the spell button should only be recharging, once all of them are dead. They should cost the usual CP's or even more, but be summonable, no matter if the limit has already been met.
- Spells that i find unsuitable for a faction are noted as '(Uns.)' and are colored RED
- Moved or altered spells are colored CYAN
- New spells, or rather spells not in the original BfME2 skirmish spellbooks are colored YELLOW
Factions Spellbooks and their themes
Men of the West (Theme: Allies and Economy)
- Heal 'Location Summon' (Summons healing well. Too many heroes already have a healing spell in the game)
- TomBombadil 'Location Summon' (different from usual sommon: summons Tom, Goldberry, their house and garden. Are unselectable. Bound to house [his 'domain'] like Warg bound to Warg chain. But cannot be released and respawn like creep units.)
- HobbitAllies (only in woods)
- DunedainAllies (only once we make them unique enough to significantly differ from IthilienRangers)
- LoneTower 'Location Summon'
- EagleAllies (high lifetime, recharge only when dead)
- Remove Arrow Volley (Too many units have this already, as well as many other factions. Use exclusively for Elves)
- Dol-Amroth Allies (instead of Rohirrim)
- Pûkelmen Stonering 'Location Summon' (Stonering akin to the entmoot with different skins and statues instead or in addition of stones; unselectable Drûedain defending the ring agains enemies of MotW.
- ArmyoftheDead (Only usable on area around Aragorn)
- Remove Earthquake (Only for Dwarves, maybe caused by undermining)
Elves (Theme: Forces of Nature)
- Remove Heal (Too many heroes already have a healing spell. Fortress Upgrades and Healing Wells are abundant. Also all elven units have innate regeneration, just like heroes)
- Farsight (Like Palantir, also provide a bonus to allied troops in the area)
- Gush of Air (Area attack that mostly does almost only kockback damage)
- Huornwood 'Location Summon' (Huorns[like ents, but no moving capabilities], only in woods, behavior like Tom above)
- Remove EntAllies (already buildable, but see above line for an alternative)
- Remove EagleAllies and add them to Dwarves (They already have an Eirie, which could enable them to buy 2 normal Eagles + Gwaihir instead)
- Tornado (remove from Galadriel and give her something appropriate, she has the ring of water after all)
Dwarves (Themes: Buildings, Siege and Economy)
Mordor (Themes: Dark Forces of Nature, Corruption and War)
Isengard (Themes: Economy, Exploitation and Direct Assault)
Wild (Themes: Dragons, Fell Creatures, Pillage and Sneaky Tactics)
I'll add the rest of my handwritten notes at a later date. This is not really pressing since all is geared to complete BetaIV anyways:
Edited by Nazgûl, 31 January 2009 - 05:08 PM.