SEE Spellbooks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
248 replies to this topic

#41 King Earnur

King Earnur
  • Project Team
  • 216 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 03:53 AM

If I'm not to late to make a suggestion for Mordor, I'd say maybe a power were it summons a small army of minas morgul orcs

#42 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 10:32 AM

That could go with my Legion of Terror suggestion.

And If I can elaborate on the "United Darkness". It unlocks brand new ppowerful units:

Morgul Orc Arhcers - Same health as Morgul Warriors, but exeed regular archer damage. - orc pit

Warg Pack - the Wargs of Dol Guldur, shocktroops - troll pit

Haradrim Swordsmen - stealthy fast swordsmen of high damage - haradrim palace

Wainriders - fast heavy Chariots of rhun haradrim palace

These units can only be used up till the halfway point of the recharge timer.
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#43 tejeskave

tejeskave
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 10:27 AM

hi i have ideas to spellbooks

men:
cost 15 (remove lone tower) ride of rohirrim (all rohirrim have 1.5x armor and give 1.5x damage)
cost 30 king elessar or return of the king (buildings generates 2x resources and aragorn have 2x health and damage)pasive power

Edited by tejeskave, 25 June 2007 - 11:28 AM.

#44 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 25 June 2007 - 10:41 AM

I'd hate to have duplicate powers in ANY spellbook. That also counts for duplicating HERO powers. Ride of the rohirrim sounds awfully like Glorious Charge to me.
Return of the King will be handled differently (via Library and XP-levels).

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#45 Garrison Nomad

Garrison Nomad

Bringin' in Da Boyz

• Project Team
  • 608 posts
  • Projects:Beta testing for SEE
  •  I'm in your closet...eating your clothes.

Posted 25 June 2007 - 12:56 PM

I've got some ideas for isengard's powers. Isengard could get some sort of passive power that enhances troop performance. Kind of like Elven Gifts. Isen could get a power...i guess called Legion's Calling, that make all uruk-hai (I mean anything with the prefix "uruk") move 50% faster and all be resistant to fear. Passive abilities to enhance troops haven't really been mentioned all that much, so maybe it's a good idea.
If I were you and you were me I'd have a different face.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
"The only real things are imaginary..."

#46 Troll Ranger

Troll Ranger
  • Members
  • 51 posts
  •  BFMEII SEE Fan

Posted 26 June 2007 - 02:39 AM

"TomBombadil 'Location Summon' (different from usual sommon: summons Tom, Goldberry, their house and garden. Are unselectable. Bound to house [his 'domain'] like Warg bound to Warg chain. But cannot be released and respawn like creep units.)" -Sûlherokhh
Really good idea, but it would only work if it was kind of off the main story, like gollum. Like it spawns out of the way, at near the edge of the map. Should also act like a heal well.

I really don't think giving Isengard exclusive access to the Balrog would be keeping in with the realism of what the game wants to achieve, even if the goblins get him as a ring hero, which I also don't agree with. I don't think the Balrog really CARES about the ring, hes just a big-ol demon bent on destruction.

And giving Goblins Smaug AND a dragon? One or the other would be best. Two would be...to different for my liking. What wrong with the Balrog/Smaug mix??

I'm not so keen on the Men of Dale having such an active role in the dwarves army either. Methinks that they should have a seperate minifaction-like thing. I'd go for Dwarves from the Iron Hills any day over Men of Dale.

Summon Huorons is a good idea too, but they should be like, 6 or 7 of them in a summon, and they should only look a LITTLE different from normal trees, to put the forces of evil in a false sense of security, and when they least expect it...BAM!! smashed on both sides by trees and then ambushed from the front and rear by mirkwood archers. One horde, down for the count.

Yeah so thats what I think...plz dnt ban me! :rolleyes:

Edited by Troll Ranger, 26 June 2007 - 02:44 AM.

SEE_zps20127a0f.jpg
SEE-Mod_PlayerFan.jpg

#47 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 26 June 2007 - 04:36 AM

:rolleyes: Ban you? Don't be silly ;) I agree with the basics, and as stated in the other thread about Ring things:

I can not imagine a creature like the Balrog using the Ring. It will be done like stated above... ^^ In either of those ways... or some kind of mixture. But no other new Ring Heroes than Saruman will be added (which I don't really like either, cause I dont think anyone could weild the Ring but Sauron, but... yeah). :p

We'll see... I sorta like the Fellowship idea, but I don't really like the idea of not having them recruitable in the factions. So... this will be discussed later on when we have the time =)

Now your post...

"TomBombadil 'Location Summon' (different from usual sommon: summons Tom, Goldberry, their house and garden. Are unselectable. Bound to house [his 'domain'] like Warg bound to Warg chain. But cannot be released and respawn like creep units.)" -Sûlherokhh
Really good idea, but it would only work if it was kind of off the main story, like gollum. Like it spawns out of the way, at near the edge of the map. Should also act like a heal well.
> This might be done. There's a good Hobbit lady model unused for this and Tom's house is also available...

I really don't think giving Isengard exclusive access to the Balrog would be keeping in with the realism of what the game wants to achieve, even if the goblins get him as a ring hero, which I also don't agree with. I don't think the Balrog really CARES about the ring, hes just a big-ol demon bent on destruction.
> See above ^

And giving Goblins Smaug AND a dragon? One or the other would be best. Two would be...to different for my liking. What wrong with the Balrog/Smaug mix??
> "Too different"? You mean too similar? Well... If I'm gonna keep Goblins as a faction (which I will for a long time regardless) I want to move all Dragon theme into them. I can't really see Isengard having anything to do with Dragons? But hey, I'm resonable... maybe it's more likely that Saruman would have the power to summon Smaug than puny Goblins? :p Anyway... Balrogs will be for Mordor and Goblins only (Mines of Moria + Sauron - those are the connections). Isengard won't have the Balrog. They will get the giant Tornado spell from Galadriel though, and it will be buffed even further :p

I'm not so keen on the Men of Dale having such an active role in the dwarves army either. Methinks that they should have a seperate minifaction-like thing. I'd go for Dwarves from the Iron Hills any day over Men of Dale.
> I wont ad more Men of Dale than these. Dwarves will be a DWARVEN faction, not a men faction! Don't worry. ;)

Summon Huorons is a good idea too, but they should be like, 6 or 7 of them in a summon, and they should only look a LITTLE different from normal trees, to put the forces of evil in a false sense of security, and when they least expect it...BAM!! smashed on both sides by trees and then ambushed from the front and rear by mirkwood archers. One horde, down for the count.
> I already know what tree I want... it's in the Fangorn map and it's big. That's why it will probably only be 1 of them. Or 4 if a scale them down a bit... I'd like them to only work in the vicinity of trees though.

Yeah so thats what I think...plz dnt ban me! ^_^
> *not banning* :rolleyes:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#48 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 05:43 AM

Troll Ranger has now pretty much changed my mind about the Isengard/Dragon concept. The Way the dragon spellbook thing can work now, is that when you summon Smaug you also summon the land based Dragon. except their healths have been tweaked a bit.

@ Nazgul, please don't elaborate more with Tom Bombadil. I their prescence in the game silly, I mean waltzing around trampling units is bad enough, but "Sonic song"? This is Lord of the Rings not some dance/ opera contest. I would rather have Tom Bombadil removed altogether.

Posted Image

#49 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 06:12 AM

i really like Tom. adds some fun to the game. And its not right to change him because thats what his character was like in the books.
Posted Image

#50 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 26 June 2007 - 03:10 PM

Tom won't be removed. I like him too, and in the books I think he came across as a REALLY powerful dude... And I love the idea of his hose and Goldberry! Sorry UK :p

And one more thing UK... (Big OT): sometimes you speak of SEE as if you were part of the modding team? You are not a part of SEE developement "more than" a Beta Tester, so you don't get to tell me what to do with the mod, or act like you can tell anyone else what I can or will do with this mod. This is ONLY acceptable from Sûlherokhh, since he's more like the game's Producer now, and I'm "just" Directing :rolleyes:

This is no harsh critique or based on that little post ^, it's more of a sum up from what I've seen in your history here on T3A :p

I like you and your commitment to SEE, and you have several good ideas really, but sometimes - sometimes - you sound like you are a modder on the team and that you have some kind of executive decisions about SEE ^_^

Please don't get upset, I just thought it was time to draw a thin line somewhere :p (Sorry if I come across as an *ss) :rolleyes:

Edited by Nazgûl, 26 June 2007 - 03:10 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#51 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 03:35 PM

No worries Naz :p.

Posted Image

#52 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 26 June 2007 - 04:11 PM

Cool ;) Now I promise you though that the Tom thing is not gonna be any big thing of this mod... Just a fun little spice/detail =)

Btw: I liked that list you made a while back of many suggestions for all spell books ;) The goal is to have as few duplicates as possible so that will come in handy when we get to the point of start doing the spell books ;)

Now I'm off for some dinner... fishy fishy :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#53 EggyDan

EggyDan

Eodynn

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 11:02 PM

I've just thought of an interesting idea... since the Arrow Rain power is to be removed from men, perhaps a replacement could be some sort of rohirrim trample power? As in, like a mini version of elven flood, but with rohirrim? I think it would seem quite different from flood since it won't be as powerful or put out fires, just sort of a trample version of arrow rain if you get me.

#54 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 06:04 AM

Or the arrow rain could be replaced by an elven wood type called plains of Rohan, which creates an area of grass similar to the one that forms when you summon Rohirrim.

Posted Image

#55 Garrison Nomad

Garrison Nomad

Bringin' in Da Boyz

• Project Team
  • 608 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 05:56 PM

ok...so...Tom Bombadil is my favorite summon like ever. He's...just really different. I kinda think he should be buffed and moved to tier 3. After all, he was there before...like anybody. Even Sauron.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#56 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 28 June 2007 - 11:46 PM

@UK: That grass Land is not a bad idea. We could use it like Evel Wood but with this look instead, for MotW and give REALLY high bonuns to Rohan units =)

@GN: Have you read the idea around his summon? :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#57 Garrison Nomad

Garrison Nomad

Bringin' in Da Boyz

• Project Team
  • 608 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 02:26 AM

;) yeah...interesting....actually, I kinda like it. GOLDBERRY KNOCKBACK FTMFW!!

Once thing I've always hated is troop summons. they've always seemed SOO bland to me. Well, i got this idea where all units that are summoned should be "twilight units", meanig they're kinda spirity. Getting dunedain, MoD, or Dunlandings out of nowhere makes no sense to me. So I've been experimenting with this idea with goblins. I haven't finished them yet, but the idea is to make them look somewhat other-worldish, and as if they were some kind of sorcery.

so....basically I just opened the skin files and inverted them. I'll post screens when I finally get around to putting the te4xtures in, and you can see if you like the idea. :p

edit: ok, so I got my stuff to work. you could do this to add some seriously crazy effect to some of the wilder summons. I'm even gonna try to make an "apocalypse balrog" to go with these gobs.

some FU apocalypse goblins
sshot0010.jpg

left=unupgraded. right=upgraded
sshot0011.jpg

Edited by Garrison Nomad, 29 June 2007 - 02:49 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#58 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 09:47 AM

that's one funky looking bug.

Anyway, if the Balrog will remain a 4th tier power for the Wild, then are you gonna merge to two dragon spells together?

Edited by Uruk King, 29 June 2007 - 09:56 AM.

Posted Image

#59 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 29 June 2007 - 02:15 PM

- Those look kinda funky yes. but I think I'd rather use the Dragon Strike solution where all summons arrive from the void of map... =) To compensate for the "travel time" we could make the hordes larger... We want as much realism as possible u know =)

- No, I don't see why we should merge them? Smaug is Smaug and not to be mixed up with the regular Dragons? Besides, that would make us loose one spell, and making up spells is hard enough =p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#60 Downfall

Downfall

Scenarist

• Members
  • 356 posts
  •  There is one?

Posted 29 June 2007 - 02:54 PM

that's one funky looking bug.

Indeed that look rather unusual.
In my opinion, that's probably because of all the white on those Goblins. Plus if you desaturate and slightly darken the blue, it would look better.

But not a bad attempt for a totally different concept for the goblins. :p

Edited by Downfall, 29 June 2007 - 02:55 PM.

"Human beings make strange fauna and flora. From a distance they appear negligible; up close they are apt to appear ugly and malicious."
Henry Miller, Tropic of Cancer

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users