China Infantry general

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 05 June 2007 - 03:41 PM

China infantry general has the most powerful infantry general in game.
they can be built in huge numbers and very quickly.
there are limited vehicals and air force.
he also has a very powerful defence.

Here are some of his powers; there are also other powers but you can see playing him
Extended squad training-allows squads of 10 men to be built.
Cluster mine drop (3 ranks)
Magnetic bomb- shuts off all drones
Infantry paradrop(3 ranks)-drops infantry to the target zone
Artillery barrage
Neutron bomb-kills every single unit that is human in the area (kills drivers in vehicals and infantry)
Carpet bomb

a list of his upgrades-
Tandem warheads-increases tank hunters missile damage by 30% and the ATGM troopers damage.
Armour jackets-all infantry are harder to kill
PFM-1 cluster bomb- allows certain defence structures and units to fire cluster bombs
Neutron shells-pre upgrade to buy neutron cannon

ok so first up his new buildings-
at the front left is the elete barracks. you can build 5x or 10x squads here. Mortar troopers, minigunners, ATGM troopers and neutron troopers can be built here. Also the field officer and red hat sniper can be built here.
to the right of the barracks is the Drop strip where all vehicals are purchesed from. a helocopter/plane drops them in. The cluster MLRS tank, Battle fortress, universal tank, Ecm tank, assult trooper crawler, artillery designator and neutron cannon are brought from here
at the back of the photo is the field armory. this is where important upgrades are reserched, such as chain guns, armour jackets, PMf-1 bomb and tandem warheads.
Posted Image

a helocopter dropping in a vehical
Posted Image

All of infantry generals vehicals. from left to right-the cluster MLRS missile tank-fires serveral missiles that do initail explosion damage then it blows up into 3 more small cluster bombs that do explosion damage. can lay mine fields. next along is the battle fortress. armed with 2 long ranged HE cannons and a AA missile pack, it can hold 10 infantry which can fire out of the sides of it. holds 10 infantry and crushes tanks. next, is the universal tank. is fast but low armoured. comes with a gattling gun and you can upfraded it with one of the following-radar, flamethrower ECM dish. holds infantry. next along is infantry gens ECM tank. faster than the tracked one, but less armoured. then the assult troop crawler. next to this is the artillery designator. calls in small artillery strikes on targets. very long range. on the end is the neutron cannon. kills infantry and drivers in vehicals with one shot.
Posted Image

Infantry generals planes.
From left to right is theJ -10 cluster plane. Fires 2 HE missiles and after they explode, it splits up into small cluster bombs. on the right is Mig -31 sky guardian. armed with powerful AA missiles.
Posted Image
From left to right- The iron dragon gunship-armed with many HE bullets-good agianst all ground units. on the right is the Mark bomber-drops a stealthed artillery beacon that calls in a small artillery strike when enemy units come near.
Posted Image
the "Dragons breath" neutron bomber- fires 3 neutron missile. instant death to infantry and vehical drivers.
Posted Image

Infantry generals defences-
From left to right- The heavy defence-Manticore AA turret. fires 4 flak cannons. good aginast infantry and air. also has 2 rocket pods for AA only. next along is the Artillery designator-calls in a small artillery strike when enemies come close. next along is the artillery defence- fires a HE shell. then the first alert defence-detects stealth. then the gattling cannon. next along is the SRM turret. fires 4 HE missiles. good aginast infantry/tanks. next along is the cluster mine laucnher-fires bunches of neutron cluster mines at the the target. on the end, his fortified bunker.
Posted Image

The higer tech buildings and superwepaons.
on the left is the Neutron missile silo-fires a neutron missile that kills all infantry/drivers in a large area. to the right of this is the infantry paradrop superwepaon- many planes drop lots of infantry to the target location. to the right of the screen is the infantry re enforcement pad. every minute about 10 infantry are droped to the pad. a mix of minigunners and tank hunters.
Posted Image

The neutron missile firing
Posted Image

The infantry drop superwepaon
Posted Image
Posted Image

10 man squads of infantry with a field officer in the middle-provides frenzy bonus and is armed with a pistol.
Posted Image

A close up of the infantry- from left to right is, the red guard, next is the dragon trooper-armed with flame thrower, then the neutron trooper-armed with a neutron missile laucnher-kills drivers/infantry. next along is the mini gunner, then the tank hunter. next is the mortar trooper-fires HE mortar shells with a quick reload time. on the end is the ATGM trooper/ fires a very high powered anti tank missile. very high damage to tanks. (field officer in the back ground)
Posted Image

a close in zoom of assorted infantry
Posted Image

Edited by olli, 29 January 2008 - 05:44 PM.

Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#2 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2007 - 01:56 PM

When you helicopter is dropping in your vehicle, can your enemy shoot down the helicopter?

if it is shot down...
-1) will it count towards your "Units Lost" number?
-2) what will happen to the tank/vehicle being dropped from the chopper?

#3 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 07 June 2007 - 03:07 PM

in that regard its identical to a usa supply pad. It can be shot down on the way in, but that would require the enemy to be in your base with alot of AA... So, if your drop planes are getting shotdown before they make thier drop, you were already screwed and that 1 tank would have made no difference.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#4 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation

Posted 07 June 2007 - 06:21 PM

agreed. That's the advantage to the drop plane comming from the closest wall. Though if you're doing an unofficial map where you're in the middle, than you're going to need to rely on your infantry instead of your transports.

#5 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 08 June 2007 - 01:54 AM

You'll still need to rely on your infantry. no matter who your playing against Infantry are a very intimidating force when used corectly. I've played against most (not all) the core members and beaten them using infantry general. I'm sure all those who have tried will agree a mass of 300 minigunners, mortar troops, and tank hunters is pretty damned intimidating. Even hardened base defense lines can be broken down quickly by massed infantry.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#6 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

SAS Alpha Team Leader (Forum n00b Hunter 1st battalion)

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts
  • Projects:Remix Alpha Tester.
  •  I'm the remix alpha tester thats loves to attack n00bs... muhahah!!!

Posted 08 June 2007 - 02:44 AM

yer i agree infantry general is damn impressive even using flame general giving u the edge u can still lose.
Phoenix™ The Forgotten Samurai
A wise man chooses death before war, A wiser man chooses not to become war.
Posted Image
Foamy!?!! Xombie!?! Awesome Cannon Rock
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#7 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts
  • Projects:A new map for Remix Mod
  •  Remix Escalation Alpha Tester ,Camo Artist and part-time Mapper

Posted 08 June 2007 - 07:29 AM

Yeah flame is the perfect emeny for infatry but still a massive infantry assault is sth you can hardy stop, cause not stealthed aircraft are screwed instantly you normally got to few tanks an the motar guys are like little artillery pieces so I would guess the only defence is to use a mass of your own infantry^^ backed up by artillery and sniper if they are avaible

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Gredinus

Gredinus

Weapon of mass destruction.

• Hosted
  • 1,128 posts
  • Projects:Remix3 Support
  •  GLA Guru

Posted 08 June 2007 - 08:01 AM

And then one overcharged lightning strike kills half of that attack force ;P

Edited by Gredinus, 08 June 2007 - 08:02 AM.

Posted Image

#9 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore

Posted 08 June 2007 - 10:48 AM

how about the overcharge lightening bug :p that will take out every single one lol
Posted Image
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

#10 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

SAS Alpha Team Leader (Forum n00b Hunter 1st battalion)

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts
  • Projects:Remix Alpha Tester.
  •  I'm the remix alpha tester thats loves to attack n00bs... muhahah!!!

Posted 08 June 2007 - 11:51 AM

bugs fixed and not in olli, thers more importent things then recreating it for your viewing pleasure, Like doing the gla side :ohmy:

And with flame gen u just need to learn to make a MASSIVE firestorm wall :p
Phoenix™ The Forgotten Samurai
A wise man chooses death before war, A wiser man chooses not to become war.
Posted Image
Foamy!?!! Xombie!?! Awesome Cannon Rock
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#11 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 12:22 PM

why do you state the obvious every time lol? i know it is not in...i was saying it would be awsome to play with. and pend can recreate it eventually, when hes done most things...cause i wanna play with it!
Posted Image

#12 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts
  • Projects:A new map for Remix Mod
  •  Remix Escalation Alpha Tester ,Camo Artist and part-time Mapper

Posted 08 June 2007 - 05:54 PM

Almost as effective as the infantry rush is a drone rush, but the problem is that drones are targeted as vehicles, but ambushing tanks in the open still works very well cause you simply overhelm them in numbers^^

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 Guest_Dr.Thrax_*

Guest_Dr.Thrax_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2009 - 02:05 PM

You'll still need to rely on your infantry. no matter who your playing against Infantry are a very intimidating force when used corectly. I've played against most (not all) the core members and beaten them using infantry general. I'm sure all those who have tried will agree a mass of 300 minigunners, mortar troops, and tank hunters is pretty damned intimidating. Even hardened base defense lines can be broken down quickly by massed infantry.

Dude hes screwed against thrax

#14 m3rc1l3ss

m3rc1l3ss
  • Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 08:57 PM

With practice, it is perfectly possible, granted it will be one of the harder combinations.

With a set of mortars, some miniguns, and some rpg guys, I am sure I can kill the toxin general.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users