4 replies to this topic

#1 Carnotaurus

Carnotaurus
  • Project Team
  • 101 posts
  • Projects:.Secret.
  •  Resident (amateur) paleontologist

Posted 07 June 2007 - 09:17 PM

I read somewhere, I think Wikipedia that the IJA had female combat medics in World War II,(Apparently a whole girl's school was conscripted and sent to some island at one point to act as medics for the Japanese garrison there, the girls all jumped off a cliff and into the sea as the Allied soldiers advanced on the island) is this true, and did it happen more times in WWII? I'd like to know for a story idea I had...

#2 Hobbes1098

Hobbes1098

=o

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Projects:Command and Conquer: Unintitled, and Command and Conquer: Generation X
  •  Has more posts at E-studios. D=

Posted 11 June 2007 - 08:56 PM

I don't know if they had female medics but I do know on most islands when the allies came the Japanese told stories of the horrible things the G.I.s would do to them. Naaturally most of the girls fearing rape would commit suicide. Of course most of this was a lie.
Posted Image
Thanks to Cattman for the sig.

#3 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 11 June 2007 - 10:21 PM

You'd hope it was. Raping civilians was prolly not so uncommon as you'd like to think.

Take the Soviets. I feel for any German civvies caught in THEIR path.

#4 Carnotaurus

Carnotaurus
  • Project Team
  • 101 posts
  • Projects:.Secret.
  •  Resident (amateur) paleontologist

Posted 12 June 2007 - 11:53 PM

And the Americans, British, or Germans were any better? :S I'd hate to be caught in the path of any of the Allied soldiers. I'd imagine they'd be preeety pissed after having their lives being interrupted by Hitler's little campout in Europe.

#5 DemonWolf

DemonWolf
  • Members
  • 159 posts
  • Projects:Audio/Video Work.
  •  Successful Troll

Posted 14 June 2007 - 01:42 AM

I read somewhere, I think Wikipedia that the IJA had female combat medics in World War II,(Apparently a whole girl's school was conscripted and sent to some island at one point to act as medics for the Japanese garrison there, the girls all jumped off a cliff and into the sea as the Allied soldiers advanced on the island) is this true, and did it happen more times in WWII? I'd like to know for a story idea I had...

I don't know, but the Japanese had quite a few nasty 'medical operations' during WWII.

Unit 731, anyone?
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of the men who follow and of the man who leads that gains that victory. -Gen. George S. Patton
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users