No replies to this topic

#1 Daz

Daz

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,654 posts
  •  Revora Co-Founder

Posted 09 June 2007 - 11:08 AM

It Came From Red Alert! Alpha Release 3 is to include mapping support.

This is going to involve 3 things:

1. The launcher is going to ask if you want to deactivate the mod when you exit the game - At this stage you can either select no, leaving the ICFRA! files in your Red Alert 2 directory (this also allows you to play the game without running the ICFRA! launcher application), or leave the window open whilst you do your mapping and then select to remove the files once you are finished (probably a tidier way).

2. A .mix file to copy into your RA2 directory - unfortunately Final Alert 2 doesn't load voxel files from XCC mod creator .mix files so this seperate file needs to be added. As far as I am aware this file won't clash with your vanilla Yuri's Revenge game as the names are all different (except for one case which I'm about to fix).

3. I'll also do a tutorial on how to convert a Red Alert map into a Red Alert 2 map for use either with ICFRA! or with an unmodded version of the game - The process only carries over flat terrain (which usually needs fixes where two terrain types meet) but it saves a lot of work and means that you're map is 100% to the original map's basic terrain. I'm sure there's alot of people out there who're better at mapping than me and detailing this process properly will hopefully mean people can enjoy some very nice recreations of Red Alert maps.

Just thought I'd let folks know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users