Tech/Civilian/Campaign Buildings

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 0r30

0r30
  • New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 09:10 AM

but that flametower looks like the one in A path beyond (renegade mod)..

lol hmm imagine that, A total conversion (the ren mod) actually getting its facts straight.... :xcahik_:
(Btw its not a renegade mod any more, technically its a full standalone game - and a good one at that)

You can see the FT in the RA1 movies

(sorry i get personal on 'ol RA1)

Buildings look ace! esp the 2nd hosp textrure, but i still have a gripe about the war factory ore truck at the back, i think you should replace it with mundane boxes, the truck looks at a funny angle too and would look like a unit behind the building would it not, just bugs me.
EDIT: on a second look, its not really the truck, but there seems to be some sand texture protruding from it or something, is that a bug?
And the machine shops blueish smoke stacks clash with the red house colour badly, even though i'm wondering why it even has smoke stacks at all, but the model still looks good, part from the colours clash, maybe grey-en the smoke stacks and change the orange on the door to red?

part from that you nailed the allied defences esp, and nice crashed yak

keep up the nice work

Edited by 0r30, 27 June 2007 - 09:36 AM.

#42 Daz

Daz

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,654 posts
  •  Revora Co-Founder

Posted 27 June 2007 - 09:34 AM

so i'll get this straight in r3 there will be the tech buildings and updated the 2 factions and eventually ants is that right or can u tell us what is r3 thanks :xcahik_:

I've compiled the release notes from Beta Release 1, 2 and 2.5 aswell as the current change list for Beta Release 3 in this text file.
That should answer your question quite comprehensively.

but i still have a gripe about the war factory ore truck at the back, i think you should replace it with mundane boxes, the truck looks at a funny angle too and would look like a unit behind the building would it not, just bugs me

With it being rendered rather than a voxel there's no worry about confusion. It's angled as I wanted it to look like it had pulled in behind and having it parallel to the building looked too.. organised.
Might try boxes still.

#43 0r30

0r30
  • New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 07:32 PM

With it being rendered rather than a voxel there's no worry about confusion. It's angled as I wanted it to look like it had pulled in behind and having it parallel to the building looked too.. organised.
Might try boxes still.

Well its not really the actual ore truck itself, besides its nicely done, but if you look at the green picture, and look at the ore truck there is some weird dirt or something coming out of it and it simply makes it look off so remove the dirt id say

And do you not think the smoke stacks colour clash a bit?

can't wait for r3!

#44 blackheartstar

blackheartstar
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 08:37 PM

but i still have a gripe about the war factory ore truck at the back, i think you should replace it with mundane boxes, the truck looks at a funny angle too and would look like a unit behind the building would it not, just bugs me

Might try boxes still.

Why not just extend the length of the war factory just enough fill the required space? I know that idea detracts from the origenal appearance a hair but it would probably look good.

#45 Daz

Daz

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,654 posts
  •  Revora Co-Founder

Posted 05 August 2007 - 11:57 AM

It makes the side look boring and plain and there's not really anything to put there.
It's staying as is, apart from I might tweak the stuff at the back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users