S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 12 June 2007 - 08:32 PM

Hi Guys (and Gals?) :cool2:

Time for another message of "less funny" sort... :rolleyes:

Since this litte project grew into the enormous proportions it has now, the activity in these forums has gone CRAZY, and despite the fact that I am extremely flattered, I'm also frustrated from the hard work of keeping up with the threads :crazed: ^_^

I'd sure LIKE to be a part of all discussions, but it's really starting to get out of my hands :sleep:
I have my little company that I'm running, and from time to time I must naturally do a lot of work to keep it running. If I didn't have to, I could basically run this mod full time (I'd sure like that though... EA - hire me as your BFME2-Doctor? lol) But seriously, the time I have is not enough for all things needed here...

Running a mod team has also reduced the amount of time to do modding myself, since I "have to" keep track of what team members are up to. It's fun, but it reduces the amount of time to do other things. Now, this has lead me to the need of publishing some RULES about my commitment to the SEE forums. So in order for this mod to keep growing I must make the following very clear:

1) SKILLS! (Added 20080927)
I need to make a few things clear about my role in this production. I can't do "anything". I am not a master coder, like my former Head Coder Sûlherokhh, or my mod ally and friend Robnkarla, or equalient. I am a fairly decent coder, and I can do normal coding like:
- Add new heroes!
- Add new units and their hordes!
- Mod all related things suck as Experiencelevels, Attributemodifiers, macros and whatnot!
- Create 2D Art such as Palantir Images and Buttons!
- Eit and improve Textures and Skins!
- Edit balance of Weapons and Armor and Magic!
- Edit names of all in game things!

I can, but I greatly dislike:
- Edit or even vorse, create hero powers!
- Coding basic AI!
- Code basic FX!

I can not:
- Code or create advanced hero powers!
- Code advanced AI!
- Code advanced FX!

This means, don't expect me to do uber advanced coding on my own! :)
As long as I can't find a replacement for Sûl, production will have to be kept within these limits...

2) PRESENCE!
My presence here can not be guaranteed on an every day basis. Having that said, it also means that:

3) ACTIVITY!
...some threads will be filled with SO many things that I can't be expected to answer them all. So don't count on always getting an answer from me to your particular post. It was easy before, but not now since we've grown into so many forum users, hehe

4) SUPPORT!
Do NOT send support related PM messages to me about this mod. I can't mod AND be support. We have a Support section of SEE Forums! USE IT! =p

5) CONTRIBUTIONS & ASSETS!
This is gonna sound REEEALLY diva-ish from me... But I hope most of you understand that it's not meant that way. It's just a fact that I can NOT donate stuff (Codes, Models or Skins/Textures) from this mod to any other mod without some rules. I know that many things was donated to me during the growth of SEE, but most of them came on a later stage in production, meaning that the modders donating was pretty sure about where there stuff ended up. This also and espescially means that all stuff donated to SEE can NOT be handed out to a third party without asking the original contributors - pretty obvious, right? So... the ONLY way that I will/can donate material from SEE to another mod, is if you:
A) are already a contributor yourself (to SEE), or
B) have something to give to SEE in return for your request and thus become a contributor, or
C) can prove that you are going to use the items requested for a mod of BIGGER sort (meaning at least approved to Hostees at T3A). I won't donate anything to anyone that just pops up claiming they will start a mod.

The reason for this is not for me to act lika a f-ing diva (I hate divas), but I've gotten 7 requests in 1 week now, ranging from a skin to half the mod files. SO... if I would act Santa and give everything away to everyone that asks - then:
A) SEE would no longer be particulary "unique", and many "micro mods" out there would display many identical items in terms of skins and coding solutions, without themselves actually having done or contributed with anything to anyone.
B) Contributors to SEE would HATE me for using their donated work as means of trading.

Sum up: I'm not reluctant to help other mods, but I won't do it with everyone that asks and I will follow the guidelines given above ^ And most importanlty: I can ONLY give stuff that I have 100% complete control over, which is nowadays mostly skins made entirely by me. I will post a list later on of what you can use that is from me only, and it will be totally free as long as you give credit, and use it for a hosted mod or equalient! ;)

However: If you do a mod for YOU that is NOT OFFICIAL... Meaning, if you do NOT intend to release it as a public mod - you're free to do anything you like with whatever you need (from any mod really), as the mod is for you alone, and not meant for others!!!

6) HELP, CHATTING, MSN & FRIENDS!
Do NOT ad my MSN if you're only gonna small talk (this does not include already made friends like Zen Jiriki, Adummy, and u know who...) cause I don't have time for it ;) In fact, I removed my MSN adress from my profile since so many added it seeking Installation or Modding support... two things I can't be bothered with any longer. Otherwise this mod will never be finished =p Quite francly, I can't understand how some prominent modders can find the time to work irl (or study), work on their mods AND be of such great help in the forums? :sleep: So I must appologize for all rejected and all that will be rejected when it comes to seeking modding help from me... I just can't do it. For one, there's just no time like stated and secondly, I don't have all modding solutions in head like papers in a well sorted drawer. I often find them when I do the modding, and then they sort of leave my head until the next time I'm sitting there with the files in front of me :p
  • There are three kinds of modders in my opinion:
  • 1. Those that can mod and help! (I have no idea how)
  • 2. Those that only mod! (Cause like me, time may not be enough)
  • 3. Those that only help! (Cause maybe they don't work on any mods (that much) currently)

I'm a #2! I just hope that I don't come across like a prick now, but instead that you see me for what I am, someone that's putting all his free time and effort into making SEE one of the best BFME2 mods out there, - for me, and for you - and leaving the help, support and similar things to others... :blush:

And Do NOT try to ad me as a friend unless you already know me! I will only reject you, unless I know you from the forums. I'm not here to chat or make friends, I'm here to make a mod, and whatever friends I make on the way is a welcome addition =) But I don't search for them... =p

7) PERSONAL OPINIONS!
This is a new statement that I felt I had to ad here after a prominent member of T3A got majorly pissed at me for locking a thread recently, and he took it personally ;) Anyway, it concerns the issue of people and relations to each other in a small crowded place online, that this is. If you squeeze hundreds of people into a community like this one, things are bound to heat up every once in a while. It’s my personal belief that it’s virtually impossible to get along with E V E R Y O N E, and that’s not why I’m here either. By posting in a forum it’s only natural that sometimes, someone is gonna get upset and annoyed and think that I’m nothing but a prick. That’s fine though. Like I said, I’m not really here to be friends with everybody ;) Having said this boring speech I do hope we all can stay friends as long as possible though… =p

That's all! :wub:

Edited by Nazgûl, 27 September 2008 - 06:26 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#2 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 12 June 2007 - 08:37 PM

So, could you list your whole team on that 1,2,3 list? :rolleyes:

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#3 Gherrick

Gherrick

Drunken Bastard

• Project Team
  • 374 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 08:40 PM

Than what do you actually want? :rolleyes:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 12 June 2007 - 08:41 PM

Lauri: Uhm, how do you mean? :s

Shoe guy: What? Or was that directed to Lauri? lol

Edited by Nazgûl, 12 June 2007 - 08:42 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#5 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 12 June 2007 - 08:42 PM

There are three kinds of modders in my opinion:
#1. Those that can mod and help! (I have no idea how)
#2. Those that only mod! (Cause like me, time may not be enough)
#3. Those that only help! (Cause maybe they don't work on any mods (that much) currently)

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#6 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 12 June 2007 - 08:44 PM

Aha ok, but what are you saying? lol
You mean I should list what number you are? I have no idea... but I guess both you and Sul are type 1 though? :rolleyes:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#7 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 12 June 2007 - 08:46 PM

:rolleyes:

Don't i know what you are talking about. :)

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#8 Gherrick

Gherrick

Drunken Bastard

• Project Team
  • 374 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 08:52 PM

I was asking what do you expect of us Nazzie...and what do you want. Do you want us to STFU? ;>
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 12 June 2007 - 09:01 PM

I have no idea what STFU is...

What do I expect?
What do I want??

I wasn't talking about "what I want"... If U cant read and understand my statement despite me clarifying it to that extent, then I'm sorry. I can't explain it any further... :rolleyes:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#10 Downfall

Downfall

Scenarist

• Members
  • 356 posts
  •  There is one?

Posted 12 June 2007 - 09:09 PM

Number 3 sounds like me :rolleyes:

STFU I believe translates to Shut the Happy-Hippo Up

EDIT: or is number 1

Edited by Downfall, 12 June 2007 - 09:10 PM.

"Human beings make strange fauna and flora. From a distance they appear negligible; up close they are apt to appear ugly and malicious."
Henry Miller, Tropic of Cancer

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 Gherrick

Gherrick

Drunken Bastard

• Project Team
  • 374 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 09:10 PM

But you wrote it too long...and I'm a bit tired right now :|
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 12 June 2007 - 09:20 PM

^ Naaaw poor you...

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#13 clonecommand

clonecommand

title available

• Members
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 10:17 PM

I love it when Nazgul gets irritated :rolleyes: kindof fun, really :crazed:

Maybe some members on the team (that don't do much in the first place) could help out.

-You could put out a weekly newsletter (to team members) alerting them of what you plan to do that week, and descriptions of what would be "realistic" for the mod, so that team members can safely reply to suggestions, say yes or no, and still be in the best interests of the mod.

-Grant more trusted team members to be forum moderators. They would do tasks such as: Fix grammatical errors, maybe move posts, delete useless threads, etc.

Those are two suggestions for now. I'll come up with more later.

EDIT:

-Maybe take a break (for a max of two days) from the menial demands of getting demand :), relax, :PLAY BFME2:, make more pancakes for that Nazgul wife of yours :blush: And leave the forums in the hands of Sul or somebody.

-I have absolutly no idea what being "diva-ish" is like. I assume you mean stuck up, proud, and arrogant? *coughlikeParisHiltoncough*

Edited by clonecommand, 12 June 2007 - 10:48 PM.

#14 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 12 June 2007 - 11:36 PM

Hehe yes... a "diva" is an international term for a person that is just that exactly ^

I beleive that the term is often used for self centered artisst like... what's her name... the Whitney Houston clone? Uhm... from the movie "Glitter"??? Well anyway... that's what it means, and that is how I'd like to NOT be misstaken for, lol

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#15 Servant of Sauron

Servant of Sauron

The right hand of Saruman

• Project Team
  • 258 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 03:03 AM

The Dark Lord hath spoken!

Don't worry Naz, you don't sound anything like Paris Hilton :rolleyes:

The old world will burn in the fires of industry! The forests will fall! A new order will rise...we will drive the machine of war with the sword and the spear and the iron fist of the Orc! We have only to remove those who oppose us...

Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 Downfall

Downfall

Scenarist

• Members
  • 356 posts
  •  There is one?

Posted 13 June 2007 - 03:11 AM

Well of course not, he's a guy, and she's a girl. :)
But...there are some women who sound like men and vice-versa. :rolleyes:

Sorry for being off topic BTW.
"Human beings make strange fauna and flora. From a distance they appear negligible; up close they are apt to appear ugly and malicious."
Henry Miller, Tropic of Cancer

Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 Servant of Sauron

Servant of Sauron

The right hand of Saruman

• Project Team
  • 258 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 03:13 AM

COUGH! COUGH!

lol, that's not quite what I meant :rolleyes:

Glitter? I have no idea what you're talking about 0_o

Quote: But...there are some women who sound like men and vice-versa.

Yes people like that scare me. *cough, Michael Jackson cough*

Edited by Servant of Sauron, 13 June 2007 - 03:16 AM.

The old world will burn in the fires of industry! The forests will fall! A new order will rise...we will drive the machine of war with the sword and the spear and the iron fist of the Orc! We have only to remove those who oppose us...

Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 13 June 2007 - 04:17 AM

Aaah found it... I meant MARIAH CAREY... *baaaarf* She's like... the worst diva in the entire solar system! :)

Here's the movie she did... LOL LOL LOL:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118589/
If you ever run out of tolet paper use a DVD with this movie and wipe your *ss... mohahaha :rolleyes:

And OT in this thead is ok, since the thread is not really meant for any serious discussions in particular. I made a statement, and that's it. :crazed:

And yes Clone, that comment by shoe guy made me a little irritated yes... cause it was... well - plain stupid! =p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#19 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 10:22 AM

Like Clone said, maybe it's a good thing to appoint more moderators for the forums.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 clonecommand

clonecommand

title available

• Members
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 02:34 PM

I didn't say anything about a shoe guy ;) Who is this shoe guy you speak of?

I didn't know about Mariah Carey untill yesterday when I watched a Wierd Al "interview." You should watch them hehe :p It's pretty much Weird Al "asking" questions, while an actual interview with the famous people responds. Really funny. From folks like Eminem, Madonna (that was funny :p ), and 10 other famous people (that have horrible lives). youtube: weird al interview

What MS said :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users