Photo

The Middle East Picture Getting Dark

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 12 September 2007 - 11:47 PM

http://www.foxnews.c...,296450,00.html

Just to update our users on this topic. Seems 6-10 months is quoted. Don't be surprised if hostilities break out.

But to comment on the last post:
I often wonder if jews and christians would be getting along so well if there was no islam? There is a strong jewish presense in the US. We are one of the few nations that support Israel. Our european allies are not as "Israel friendly" as we are.

Jews run so many major things in the US like Hollywood, alot of major media structures, the diamond exchanges of New York. And well the list goes on.

It is simply a powerful interest group, made up of both Jews and gentiles

I love how Jews is capitalised and gentiles are not. What a generic form of descrimination in that article. I know I personally capitalise only when I choose to on certain words, people, cultures.

#42 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Job:Artist

Posted 13 September 2007 - 05:16 PM

if the people of the middle east went for another religion, it would differ enough for us in the west to be antagonized by it. even if they were christians we would probably have no problem bombing each-other, because its more a cultural question than religious one.

the Bush administration will probably bomb Iran. but that they are making articles about it in media is kinda like "ooh ooh, we are planning to bomb,[ its the best thing to do/theres no other option availible/]" and then they repeat it a few times per month. excellent way to prepare the public for whats coming.

new things happening all the time though, seems that Israel is blowing apart something that Syria doesnt really want to talk about in public. linkage
naturally, its as of yet the US who claims that the Israeli have been getting rid of weapons stashed in Syria. i find it a bit suspicious that Israel's nr1 ally would blurt out what their goal is when they themselves are totally silent about it. its a bit like if one criminal in a robbery-gang comes to the cops and tells them what they've been planning/doing: you instantly think its a decoy for something.

personally i think media reminds me suspiciously alot how it was before the Iraq war. theres plenty of anti-iraq war going on in the background now ofcourse, but to me it doesnt seem like the media has gone for a very pre-emptive coverage of things. its a bit like, "well, things are...ok i guess?" and people think "huh, well i guess thats cool then" and just walk off to watch tv. then when the bomb drops people say "what? i thought things were, like, ok? oh well, it wasnt perfect i guess". it's deception through inaction in my opinion.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#43 Hostile

Hostile

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 30 September 2007 - 08:12 AM

Well the left wing major media corporations hardly mentioned it in the US. (in fact I don't recall even hearing about it)

You'd think something this important would be splattered all over the news here. But no! Seeing as it's hard to dispute and has no value for the left wing media, it quietly slipped by without hardly a mention.

So you won't see alot of sympathy from major left-wing media here in the US to any Iran bombing. It doesn't suit thier agenda. I saw very little in the New York Times about Columbia University President slamming The President of Iran.

I saw even less in the LA times. That's what cracks me up when I read people here from other countries saying Americans are brainwashed by our media to agree with Bush doctrines. It's simply nonsense...

#44 Soul

Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 3,781 posts
  • Projects:Sigma Invasion
  •  This person isn't important

Posted 30 September 2007 - 07:41 PM

I saw even less in the LA times. That's what cracks me up when I read people here from other countries saying Americans are brainwashed by our media to agree with Bush doctrines. It's simply nonsense...

Cause the media and such doesn't even tell you?
Posted ImagePosted Image

Soul 2.4

Background process. Has something to do with some activity going on somewhere. Sorting junkmail, I think. No value or interest. Doesn't do much except hog resource.

#45 Hostile

Hostile

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 30 September 2007 - 11:53 PM

They slam Bush left and right here. Especially NY Times and LA Times.

#46 Blodo

Blodo

The one who disagrees

• Project Team
  • 3,002 posts
  • Projects:siteMeister, Mental Omega
  •  The wise guy

Posted 01 October 2007 - 08:02 PM

The media are preparing for another story of the year, is all. The Iraq topic has almost burned out. Couldn't it be that there is another war in the making just to have something the American public can turn their eyes to, away from domestic affairs?

ARGUMENT FROM CREATION, a.k.a. ARGUMENT FROM PERSONAL INCREDULITY (I)
(1) If evolution is false, then creationism is true, and therefore God exists.
(2) Evolution can't be true, since I lack the mental capacity to understand it; moreover, to accept its truth would cause me to be uncomfortable.
(3) Therefore, God exists.

#47 Hostile

Hostile

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 02 October 2007 - 03:39 AM

The media are preparing for another story of the year, is all. The Iraq topic has almost burned out. Couldn't it be that there is another war in the making just to have something the American public can turn their eyes to, away from domestic affairs?

I won't disagree with this. I do know US media likes to "fully bleed" a story before moving on to the next. But you'd think it would play correctly for thier headlines to mention "some of these events."

About the domestic affairs, you'll have to elaborate more, I'm not sure what you mean? If anything, the US is too focused on internal affairs, IMO. They give headlines over quabbling domestically, when thier is much more important issues to talk about.

Like the rest of the world. That is why I also add foriegn news to my menu as well. Sometimes my best news on the US comes from news from other countries.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users