#1 Caluadan

Caluadan

"When you cease to exist, then who will you blame?"

• Project Team
  • 1,101 posts
  • Projects:Wars of the East
  •  Artist, Skinner, Modeller, Website Designer

Posted 13 June 2007 - 10:16 AM

I thought the military organisation of Numenor should be more apparent in the game. When I looked in the techtrees, I noticed that all unit types (swordsmen, archers and cavalry) have one basic version and one elite version. This makes sense, as most armies had some sort of elite units to complement the basic ones.
So, we have these three basic units, who are the core of the army. They're all called Numenor archers/soldiers/riders, and I think that they should all have the same recruitment button (no problem since they're recruited in different buildings) to show that they're from the same rank.
Posted Image
Now, the elite units are part of the Numenorean nobility. So, of course they're all called Noble archers/soldiers/riders. :rolleyes:
I'll make a common button for all those too, so it's clear that they belong to the same rank. With this system, the player will click at all three unit production buildings and get the same view. Either you recruit a basic soldier, or a noble one - the difference between the three buildings is merely the weapon they're holding.
Another idea I had was to make another upgrade for all Numenorean units, to further give a feeling of their military organisation. The upgrade is called "Promote to captain", it costs §50 (quite a lot for upgrading one unit) but it requires no research. There can only be ten captains at the same time. The unit gains a small health and armour boost, and the skin is slightly changed. When upgraded, the spot where this upgrade button had been is replaced by an ability.
For infantry and cavalry captains, this is called "Lead the charge", which makes the captain and nearby units of the same type temporarily gain +50% damage and +50% speed. (Why, a footsoldier captain can't command a cavalry unit to charge away from him.)
For archer captains, this new ability is instead called "Coordinate volley". It makes all nearby archers unable to attack and immovable for four or five seconds. After these seconds have passed, all archers shoot simultaneously with +200% damage (they've aimed longer than usual).
If anyone wonders, the soldier unit should be equippable with spears.

Just one more thing. Since all units are single units, I suggest the stance button is removed. Makes room for more abilities for heroes, more upgrades and abilities for units.

Edited by Caluadan, 13 June 2007 - 10:28 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
My artwork this far
| Battles of Gondor | Wars of the East | Last Alliance

Positive to nuclear energy, taxes (preferably high) and the European Union
Negative to car traffic and US foreign policy

#2 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 13 June 2007 - 01:23 PM

great :p. For captains though, is it 10 total or 10 of each kind? And a suggestion for cav, make it 50% more crush damage as apposed to attack, or maybe both. And also, i think it would be useful to keep the stance with the shortcut keys if u select large amounts of soldiers ;)

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#3 JEV3

JEV3

Mighty Armadillo

• Hosted
  • 719 posts
  • Projects:Game Enhancement Mod
  •  Coder, Skinner, Graphics, GEM Mod Leader
  • Job:T3A Chamber Member

Posted 13 June 2007 - 01:25 PM

I think that the pics for each should be different because it tells you at a glance what it is without having to stop and read the description...
He who bears skill but lacks effort, makes himself inferior to those who have no skill but try nonetheless.
Posted Image
Posted Image
"There is some good in this world, and its worth fighting for!"
J.M.J.

#4 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 13 June 2007 - 01:28 PM

u should know from the barracks you clicked on.

however, i do agree that the noble or elite hordes should have some variation in there pictures.

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users