war of the ring mode

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Glorfindel_10

Glorfindel_10
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 11:27 PM

hi i'm new to the whole modding thing so i have a few questions.
#1: which file in the INI.big file do i go into to mod the war of the ring mode to mod the number of building plot points.
#2: i would also like to change the heroes for each faction, or possibly create a knew faction that would be able to be used in the war of the ring mode. how do i do that? any help is deeply appreciated
As long as people are still having premarital sex with many anonymous partners while at the same time experimenting with mind-expanding drugs in a consequence free environment, I'll be sound as a pound!

#2 Glorfindel_10

Glorfindel_10
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 12:20 AM

ok the main question i have is how to create a faction that i can use in wotr mode
i would like to create the fellowship (i would get rid of boromir and theoden and add legolas and gimli to the motw faction) anybody know how to do it?
also if you know how to edit other things for the wotr mode please do tell
oh by the way this is for lotr: bfme 2 NOT rise of the witch king

Edited by Glorfindel_10, 14 June 2007 - 12:22 AM.

As long as people are still having premarital sex with many anonymous partners while at the same time experimenting with mind-expanding drugs in a consequence free environment, I'll be sound as a pound!

#3 Gold Fire Dragon

Gold Fire Dragon
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 08:31 PM

ok the main question i have is how to create a faction that i can use in wotr mode
i would like to create the fellowship (i would get rid of boromir and theoden and add legolas and gimli to the motw faction) anybody know how to do it?
also if you know how to edit other things for the wotr mode please do tell
oh by the way this is for lotr: bfme 2 NOT rise of the witch king

Theres already a Fellowship mod.
And for adding the heroes, first of all read this.
Then go to playertemplates.ini and search for BuildableHereosMP and where it says CreateAHero RohanEowyn [...]; remove where GondorBoromir and add ElvenLegolas and DwarvenGimli, separated by spaces; for learning this, you only need to learn patterns;)
Posted Image
It's better to die standing than keep living on your knees.

#4 Glorfindel_10

Glorfindel_10
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 05:42 PM

sorry, my bad, i meant to say that it is for RotWK NOT BFME2. sorry, i got a bit a head of my self.

#5 Gold Fire Dragon

Gold Fire Dragon
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 08:27 PM

sorry, my bad, i meant to say that it is for RotWK NOT BFME2. sorry, i got a bit a head of my self.

It works in the same way for BFME2 and ROTWK, no idea for BFME; btw I forgot to say that in player templates look for FactionMen and then BuildableHeroesMP ;)
Posted Image
It's better to die standing than keep living on your knees.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users