• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#21 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 06:28 AM

The Durin's Day idea is better than my weather idea.

Why thank you Nertea. :p Might it be implemeted into the Mod?

@ Bard, I was basically agreeing with Cnaterbury and Cahik, I like their ideas.
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#22 Nertea

Nertea

...lo sa raptor!

• Hosted
  • 3,349 posts
  • Projects:Star Villains and Space heroes, The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME/Unity

Posted 19 June 2007 - 06:42 AM

There's a decent chance of it. Keep the ideas coming though, I like what I see so far in this.

sig.png
I really don't do requests and my Arnor Soldier is not fit for BFME. Don't ask me for either.

#23 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 19 June 2007 - 08:34 AM

OK, let's get started: *rubs hands together enthusiastically*

^^ I don't know; that one sounds more like a unit ability rather than a spellbook power. Just saying this, but when have you ever seen a spellbook power that temporarily decreases unit stats (apart from other mods)?

What is wrong with this? Like 5 point power which gives +50% range, +150% damage and -25% attack speed. They will be still more powerful...much more powerful then before.

I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with it, but when have you seen a Spellbook power that decreases allied unit stats? :grin:

How about a power for Harad, called something like "shifting sands". You would cast it on a group of your units, and then cast it somewhere else on the map. Your units would then show up there, in a sandy-vortexy effect area. Perfect for ambushes. It could also work defensively; if a large group of attackers showed up all of a sudden, and you have no one to defend you territory, cast it, and put them somewhere else. You could come up with all sorts of strange tactics. Not sure if it's possible, but eh.

I hope this is possible, although it ain't all that realistic...still, how freakin' awesome will it be to just make a group of enemies vanish and appear a second later on a totally different part of the map, leaving the player saying "What the f@#*!". I would really like to try this one out. :p

Dale:

Elven healing
Dale employs the healing skill of the Mirkwood Elves

Lush Valley
A lush green thicket thicket sprouts, similar to Elven Wood

Dwarven Jewels
A passive resource power, boosting resource structures by 3 resources

Rhovanion Alliance
Summons a group of Dwarven Mirkwood Maethor and Dwarven Warriors to aid you.

Elven Bows
Passive: Dale marksman arccuracy is increased by 60%

Cloud Break
Sun Beams break the clouds

Dwarven Masonary
Passive: Dale Strucure health is increased by 55%

Morning Fog
Large radius spell which decreases enemy vision by 100%

I really like the concept of Dwarven Masonry, Elven Bows and Dwarven Jewels. They would really give Dale a bonus. :xcahik_: Morning Fog could use a little something extra; it's the final power for Dale after all. :grin:

Edited by Olorin, 19 June 2007 - 08:35 AM.

Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#24 Azrael

Azrael

title available

• Project Team
  • 296 posts
  • Projects:My Unnamed Mod
  •  Progressing Modder

Posted 19 June 2007 - 02:15 PM

I think the Masonry and Elven Bows idea seems more like an upgrade from a building and less like Spellbook Powers. But, I do like them :p

I think that "Shifting Sands" is too unrealistic. What about "Scorching Sands"?. It summons an area of sand that gives allies +50% Armour and negates enemy leaderships, but it does damage over time to enemies?

Harad:

Tier 1:
(1) Serpent Banner ~ Summons a large banner that gives nearby allies +25% Damage and +25% Armour

(2) Scorching Sands ~ (above)

Tier 2:
(4) Oasis ~ Summons an Oasis that temporarily heals surrounding allies

(6) Dark Alliegence ~ Summons battalions of units from Umbar, Khand and [Third Mini-faction] (No mumaks)

(5) Trade Route ~ Increases production of all Resource buildings by +35% across the map. Passive power.

Tier 3:
(7) Heatwave ~ Dispels weather effects, increases allied/decreases enemy armour by 30% across the map

(8) Stampede ~ Summons 5 fully upgraded/fully manned Mumakil

Tier 4:
(10) Desert Storm ~ Creates a harsh wind that speeds up allies/slows enemies by 50%, decreases enemy Range by and Vision by 60%, and grants immunity to fear to allies. (All effects are map-wide effects)

The numbers in brackets are the Power Point costs.

How does that sound?

Edited by Azrael, 19 June 2007 - 02:15 PM.

#25 Alsch

Alsch

title available

• Project Team
  • 392 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 02:44 PM

Wow, Bard. I didn't know there was anyone else here that liked AoM! Cool.

How about this: can't think of a name, surely someone can think of something creative. You cast it on an area, and the land is changed to sand, just like tainted land - with bonuses, except that some snakes are summoned along with it. Theses snakes are friendlies, but uncontrollable. These snakes defend the area of land, and attack any enemies in their territory. After a while, the snakes disappear, but the sandy area does not. The snakes don't deal gobs of damage, but enough to force the enemy to reconsider their strategies/routes.

Also, there could be a power called "mirage" that makes an area of land appear psuedo-invisible, with enemy only seeing the "waves" you see in a mirage. They can't see your troops (or lack of) in this area.

Edited by Alsch, 19 June 2007 - 02:50 PM.

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

No, Jimmy Page is god.

#26 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 03:27 PM

Can I say something for Harad. But bear in mid Azreal, you weren't the only one who had the oasis idea in mind, and Alsch, your mirage idea is excellent. :p

Oasis
A building that can't be built from the main faction buildings. A permanant oasis is formed where units can be healed.

Red Desert
A red sand desert is formed, providing bonuses to Haradrian units, but impedes enemy movement.

Tribute
The Haradrim get a sudden boom of 1500 resources.

Allies of the East
Summons 6 batallions of Easterling Warriors and Pikemen.

Wild Beasts
As well as the mighty Mumakil, the Mahud's bring with them menageries of cretures to aid the Haradrim

Mirage
Cast infantry units become stealthed until attacked at zero range

Heatwave
Enemy units within the large radius loose a lot of their power and speed stats

Sandstorm
An unatural sandstorm forms Blotting out the Sun, increasing the power of the Haradrim, and decreasing enemy vision by 45%

Edited by Uruk King, 19 June 2007 - 03:35 PM.

Posted Image

#27 Gherrick

Gherrick

Drunken Bastard

• Project Team
  • 374 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 09:11 PM

Maybe mirage will clone your units 4-5 times and make REAL units invisible? They'll be peppered by arrows or slashed by swords while fighting ghosts :blink:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#28 kennethain

kennethain

quoth the raven, "nevermore"

• Project Team
  • 158 posts
  • Projects:life.
  •  RA beta rabble

Posted 20 June 2007 - 04:09 AM

How about this: can't think of a name, surely someone can think of something creative. You cast it on an area, and the land is changed to sand, just like tainted land - with bonuses, except that some snakes are summoned along with it. Theses snakes are friendlies, but uncontrollable. These snakes defend the area of land, and attack any enemies in their territory. After a while, the snakes disappear, but the sandy area does not. The snakes don't deal gobs of damage, but enough to force the enemy to reconsider their strategies/routes.

Also, there could be a power called "mirage" that makes an area of land appear psuedo-invisible, with enemy only seeing the "waves" you see in a mirage. They can't see your troops (or lack of) in this area.

An idea I had when i read this was that the snakes could remain there as long as you haven't casted this somewhere else. Once you do that, the snakes move there and are removed from the original area.
the dude abides.

#29 Canterbury

Canterbury

Master-at-Arms

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 05:45 AM

maybe a mirage power should actually be a mirage, like raise a fake army that will disappear when you bring your men close enough to the mirage. I guess you could use it to trick the enemy in thinking that u are massing an army at point A, so the enemy defends a perimeter around point A. But i think that it isnt that great of an spell power but just saying mirages are things that you think are there but they actually arent (cloaked units are things that you think are not there but they actually are)
Posted Image

#30 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 07:29 AM

I think the Masonry and Elven Bows idea seems more like an upgrade from a building and less like Spellbook Powers. But, I do like them :)

I think that "Shifting Sands" is too unrealistic. What about "Scorching Sands"?. It summons an area of sand that gives allies +50% Armour and negates enemy leaderships, but it does damage over time to enemies?

Harad:

Tier 1:
(1) Serpent Banner ~ Summons a large banner that gives nearby allies +25% Damage and +25% Armour

(2) Scorching Sands ~ (above)

Tier 2:
(4) Oasis ~ Summons an Oasis that temporarily heals surrounding allies

(6) Dark Alliegence ~ Summons battalions of units from Umbar, Khand and [Third Mini-faction] (No mumaks)

(5) Trade Route ~ Increases production of all Resource buildings by +35% across the map. Passive power.

Tier 3:
(7) Heatwave ~ Dispels weather effects, increases allied/decreases enemy armour by 30% across the map

(8) Stampede ~ Summons 5 fully upgraded/fully manned Mumakil

Tier 4:
(10) Desert Storm ~ Creates a harsh wind that speeds up allies/slows enemies by 50%, decreases enemy Range by and Vision by 60%, and grants immunity to fear to allies. (All effects are map-wide effects)

The numbers in brackets are the Power Point costs.

How does that sound?

I really like these ideas for Harad. Nice going Azrael. :sad2:

That sand idea is interesting...I like it. :sad2: The mirage power looks awesome, but it sounds too hard to pull off (knowing me, I'm probably wrong :p). Although, with the mirage I agree with Canterbury: it's probably better to make an actual mirage of an army (or something similar), thus throwing the enemy completely off-balance. Still sounds too hard though. :lol:

My turn: (mind you, I'm throwing in other peoples ideas whom I liked and think would make a great addition to the mod ;))

Erebor

Tier 1:
The Horns of Battle! (1 point) - basically a warchant

Rebuild (1 point) - repairs structures (gives something like 50% health back maybe?)

Tier 2:
Rhovanion Alliance (3 points) - do I need to explain? ^_^

Deposit (4 points) - basically cahik_'s idea

Trade (3 points, passive) - yeah, I know, it needs a new name ;). Basically it improves your economy by about 33% (or at least something that is balanced and works ;))

Tier 3:
Light of Durin's Day (6 points) - Uruk King's idea

Loss of Moria (6 points) - brings all allied units into an enraged state for 15 seconds (or something that works for balance)

Tier 4:
Taken, so I won't bother thinking of anything

Iron Hills:
Bombardment (do mini-factions have power-points?) - needs a more original name; summons a huge bombardment from the Iron Hills Mangonels (sorta similar to B4ME II, except better ;))

Iron Ore (passive) - increases resource production of all allied resource buildings

Great Shelf:
Winds of Thorondor - creates a huge gust of wind that blows back targeted enemies (similar to Gandalf's Wizard Blast)

Eyes of the Eagles - increases vision around the Great Shelf mini-faction building

Blue Mountains:
OK, I don't know much about these guys, so I'm out of ideas here.

Dale:

Tier 1:
Elven Healing (1 point) - Uruk King's idea; employs the skill of the Mirkwood Elves to aid Dale

Lush Valley (1 point) - also Uruk King's idea :p

Tier 2:
Rhovanion Alliance (3 points) - summons allies from Rhun and Har - kidding, relax! :p

Craft of the Dwarves (3 points, passive) - many people of Dale learnt valuable skills from the Dwarves of Erebor, so this could improve their economy

Bells of Dale (3 points) - the bells of Dale warned them when Smaug was descending upon them in his time to warn the town, so this could give a defensive and speed bonus to selected units

Tier 3:
The Clouds Burst (6 points) - dispels all weather effects, gives allied units a bonus for a short period of time

Need something else here

Tier 4:
I don't know much about Dale to give it a final power. I'll leave it up to you guys. :p

Dorwinion:
Fine Wine - ignore the name :p, but it increases the economy of the Dorwinion mini-faction building.

Celduin and the East Bight:
Something to do with the River Running would be good. I don't know much about the Lake-men, that's why there are a few gaps in the techtree.

Also, (if this hasn't been though of, done or mentioned before) Dale should have a 'Marketplace' building which gives them upgrades such as Elven Bows (imrpoves range and ranged damage) and Dwarven Masonry (improves the 'health' of structures), amongst others. This has already been thought of, right? :p In case it hasn't though...

I'm too lazy to do Harad now, but you guys seem to have done a good job. :p

Edit: isn't it funny how we all forgot about the mini-factions? :p

Edited by Olorin, 20 June 2007 - 07:32 AM.

Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#31 Bard

Bard

Wordsmith, Penman and Scribbler

• Project Team
  • 264 posts
  • Projects:Rhovanion Alliance
  •  Rhovanion Alliance Writer

Posted 20 June 2007 - 07:56 AM

No, they didn't forget.
The staff merely asked the public to think up ideas for spellbook powers. :sad2:
Posted Image

The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand.

#32 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 07:57 AM

That's a long dedicated list there.

Posted Image

#33 Barak

Barak
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 08:40 AM

Harad could have a power called sinking sand or something, that holds enemy units in place for a set amount of time and could slowly drain health.

#34 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 08:42 AM

No, they didn't forget.
The staff merely asked the public to think up ideas for spellbook powers. :p

Good point. :sad2: Meh, I might as well include them, unless someone tells me that they've already been done.

That's a long dedicated list there.

Sure is. :sad2:
Posted Image

#35 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 12:04 PM

Shall we try guessing the spellbook powers for Isengard and Rohan? (If we can)

Posted Image

#36 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 20 June 2007 - 12:09 PM

atleast not in this thread :sad2:

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#37 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:52 PM

No
Posted Image

#38 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 04:32 PM

What do you mean "no"?

Posted Image

#39 kennethain

kennethain

quoth the raven, "nevermore"

• Project Team
  • 158 posts
  • Projects:life.
  •  RA beta rabble

Posted 20 June 2007 - 04:38 PM

Personally, I'd like to see a power for Erebor that increases Dain's strength. One for Dale would be sensible for King Brand too. Perhaps not necessarily strength, but worth in purchasing. For instance:

Erebor:
King of the Lonely Mountain- 2 power points
Dain's damage is increased by 50% and his armor is doubled by 50% (similar to the Anduril ability Aragorn had in the original BFME release.)

Dale:
ok two ideas here
1. Allied to Death- 5 power points
Summons an uncontrollable Dain Ironfoot at level 10. You must have King Brand to use this otherwise by clicking on the purchased power, it just resets the timer. Dain follows Brand everywhere, fighting next to him until he dies. Once Brand dies, Dain will continue to defend the area around Brand's body until he too is slain. This can be reused once Brand is revived. (This could be useful in defending your castle gate if you don't mind sacrificing Brand at your gate, especially if Dale has a healing fountain and thus keep Dain alive for a very long time)

2. Grandson of Bard the Bowman- 2 power points
Again, similar to Anduril ability. I don't know if Brand will have a weapon toggle, but this works only on his Bow damage. Defense is permanently increased by 25%
the dude abides.

#40 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 04:39 PM

What do you mean "no"?

this

Shall we try guessing the spellbook powers for Isengard and Rohan? (If we can)

No

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users