#1 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  crazy coder

Posted 26 June 2007 - 04:21 AM

Well, it has been a little while since I've done updates and I have been looking at the status of the mod and it's progress. It has come a very long way since the last release, but there is still a lot of work to do. I also really wanted to give those who signed up to be beta testers a chance to get involved in the evolution of the mod.

So here it is. This week-end I'll be releasing an "Alpha" version of the mod - v1.05.00. I'll be compiling a list of the items that have been changed as well as those that still need to be worked on in the coming days. The mod will be in a "working state", available as is. I'll be sending out a pm to everyone signed up with the download location. For those who signed up feel free to play the release as much or little as you can. I would appreciate all the feedback over the release that can be provided and opinions on where you would like units/factions to end up. Many of the factions are very close to functional completion and all that is left are balance adjustments.

After this release, I'll be releasing new versions every 1-3 weeks with more content bug fixes, balance changes. Your feedback will help guide the directions that I take with the mod. I really want the beta program to kick into gear.

So sign up if you have not and want to get an early release and get involved in the beta! I hope that everyone enjoys and I did not mess too many things up :rolleyes:

To sign up, add a reply to the other topic and I'll add you to the list and send you the PM,
Robert J.

#2 OldGimli

OldGimli
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 06:54 AM

Hi RJ :rolleyes:

That was awsome news cos im in holiday for next tree weeks ^_^ and have time to test You (our) mod!!

F.GTM :rolleyes:

#3 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 26 June 2007 - 07:01 AM

I'm glad to hear that you can test. I've added a few more testers to the list.

Just remember, the mod is in "Alpha" stage. It is a work in progress and not ready yet for an official release. That said, combo hordes are ready for Dwarves, Men, Elves, Rohan, Isengard, & Goblins. Evil Men is getting closer and closer to completion. Most of the structures are in place in the first draft (including 2 fortresses, upgrades, and expansion slots.) There are many bug fixes and so much more - don't forget the new nazgul system with individual nazgul level 10 powers, etc.)

But it is still has lots of areas that need work. Button images/portraits need to be finished. Incorrect/incomplete tooltips. First draft of balance not yet complete. The campaign will be aligned after this week-end.

I will do my best to release updates often, but I allow myself 1-3 weeks between mostly due to the personal items are still ongoing so there might be times when it is 3 weeks between updates.

I hope this goes as well as I have hoped.

Lastly, I hope to have screenshots of the new inn system in place in the next day or 2. I'm finishing the WotR era inn system. (31 units and counting through 10 allied factions.)

Edited by robnkarla, 26 June 2007 - 07:13 AM.

#4 pasiecaaL

pasiecaaL
  • Project Team
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 09:37 AM

i,m al ready in right :rolleyes: i have time anof now ( ow i hate that word ) :rolleyes:

#5 Ergopad

Ergopad
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 11:32 AM

I'm glad to hear that you can test. I've added a few more testers to the list.

Just remember, the mod is in "Alpha" stage. It is a work in progress and not ready yet for an official release. That said, combo hordes are ready for Dwarves, Men, Elves, Rohan, Isengard, & Goblins. Evil Men is getting closer and closer to completion. Most of the structures are in place in the first draft (including 2 fortresses, upgrades, and expansion slots.) There are many bug fixes and so much more - don't forget the new nazgul system with individual nazgul level 10 powers, etc.)

But it is still has lots of areas that need work. Button images/portraits need to be finished. Incorrect/incomplete tooltips. First draft of balance not yet complete. The campaign will be aligned after this week-end.

I will do my best to release updates often, but I allow myself 1-3 weeks between mostly due to the personal items are still ongoing so there might be times when it is 3 weeks between updates.

I hope this goes as well as I have hoped.

Lastly, I hope to have screenshots of the new inn system in place in the next day or 2. I'm finishing the WotR era inn system. (31 units and counting through 10 allied factions.)

Hi!

First off, you have done great job, and I'm looking forward to see the next update. Especially I'm VERY glad that you revived Rohan, since it was my favorite faction in BFME1. Maybe because I'm from a farm. :rolleyes:

Overall, what kind of "schedule" you got for finish the mod? At end of the year?

And what did you liked about my idea about "No more firearrows", so that (almost) every faction has their unique arrow upgrade as well as another upgrades like "silver armor" armor upgrade to elves making them more faster, instead of increasing just armor?

Would it be possible to rename "Evil Men", since it doesn't sound too good for me? And another thing I'm a little worried about is Arnor, how are you planning to carry out them without making another Gondor? What's their speciality?

Happy summer to you Robnkarla. :rolleyes:
Posted Image
The Path of The Avatar

Heroes never die
...As long as they are remembered.

#6 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 26 June 2007 - 03:00 PM

Its done when its done.

on topic now....AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ^_^

:p

great work rob, i cant wait!

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#7 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 26 June 2007 - 06:55 PM

Well, for the overall schedule of the mod, I could not tell you when I plan on having "everything" done. YodaWarrior's answer is probably the best at this time. Why? Because there are sooo many things that I want to include in the mod and I'll probably be tweaking this an that and adding more maps/campaigns/functionality until I feel like calling it a day.

So while I'd like to say end of the year I will be completely done with the factions and the good and evil campaigns I would not guarentee anything. I would always like to see what the limits of AI coding are as well as adding an Arnor/Angmar double campaign, a Hobbit campaign sub-mod, a last alliance campaign and sub-mod. Will I get to all of these, I don't know, but for now I just want to include as much as I am able to in the time that I have for this hobby.

As for your arrows/armors, etc. I'm very hesitant of removing Fire from a faction. I might give different factions a special arrow attack (poison, barbed, black), but there is so much programmed are logical fires and using that as a tactic that I think it would severly hamper a faction without fire at all. That said, I really want to give each faction a different feel on arrows and have taken strides for that. The armor is another step that I am working towards. Right now I'm gathering/creating all the basic HQ skins that I can, and then I'll be using them to figure out the overall armor schema and forged blades for each faction. I want them to be clearly identifiable, so I'll see what I can do.

Evilmen - I don't care for the name too much either right now. It really is a faction with two sub-factions - Harad and Rhun. So if you have another name, I'd be more than happy to change. Right now I just have them as Evil Men just so they have a name.

As for Arnor - I'd like to modify them to be more unique. I have some models that I'll be replacing some of the units so they have their own unique look, but that will take time and finishing evil men right now is more important to me. They will get a complete overhaul in the past and they will still remain an Elven-Men mix, though that will change slightly. I just like the mix of the two factions.

Robert J.

#8 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 26 June 2007 - 07:09 PM

Hm what about calling the faction 'Corrupted Men'? And are there any Khand units in the faction?
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#9 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 26 June 2007 - 07:21 PM

Hm what about calling the faction 'Corrupted Men'? And are there any Khand units in the faction?

Right now Khand is not that big of piece of them at all. I might in the future add a smaller mini-subset for Khand, but I have not decided that now.

Corrupted men might work, but it also has some of the pitfalls of Evil Men as the faction does not include all evil men (Wildmen, parts of Khand, the men around the shire and Bree that are a smaller group.)

I don't know, the faction is larger than one group but not large enough to include them all. :p

#10 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 26 June 2007 - 07:27 PM

Agreed, but calling them Evil Men sounds a bit ehm... Well you know what I mean.

At the moment it's the best I can think of, but calling them Evil Men would suggest all the Evil Men are in that factions, so also the Black Numenorians, Dunlendings, bad Breelanders, and Variags. And that wouldn't be quite possible...
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users