title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  crazy coder

Posted 27 June 2007 - 05:29 AM

Inn.jpg

Well, here is a quick update on how the inn system works:

1) After capturing an inn you will have a few options. First there will be units available to all factions regardless of choices. Good-Hobbits, Evil-Corsairs.

2) Along with the default units, there will be at least 3 faction alliances available. Each one currently costs 500 and takes 30 seconds. This will be adjusted in the future with different faction alliances costing more or less.
The current faction lists that are available are:
Good-
Gondor
Rohan
Elves
Dwarves
Southern Fiefdom

Evil-
Mordor
Isengard
Goblins
Rhun
Harad

How many alliance factions are available depends on how many I add. Currently there 4 for most. If I can get more units for different factions in game I'd like to add more. I'd love to have enough for Dale, Hobbits, Lorien, Rivendell, Iron Hills, Blue Mountains, & others with Elite Factions and all sorts of options. You can only purchase one faction per map. If you lose the inn and recapture it, the alliance will stay.

3) Once the faction upgrade is purchased you will have a number of units available, currently betwen 3-4 units. Below is a list of all of the units available from the inn currently for WotR era factions:

Gondor - Gondor Soldiers, Gondor Archers, Gondor Towerguards (to be replaced by Gondor Pikemen)
Rohan - Yeoman Soldiers, Yeoman Archers, Rohan Spearmen
South Fiefdom - Spearman of Pelargir, Footman of Ringlo Vale, Bowman of Morthond, Axeman of Lossnarch
Dwarves - Dwarven Guardians, Dwarven Phalanx, Dwarven Axethrowers
Elves - Lorien Warriors, Lorien Archers, Mithlond Sentries
Mordor - Orc Warriors, Orc Archers, Orc Pikmen
Isengard - Uruk-Hai, Uruk Crossbow, Uruk Pikemen
Haradrim - Haradrim Warriors, Haradrim Guardians, Haradrim Archers
Rhun - Easterling Archers, Easterling Pikemen, Easterling Warriors
Goblins - Goblin Fighters, Goblin Archers, Goblin Pikemen

Currently I am working out what options Angmar and Arnor will have.

4) In the future the Inns will gain levels as you produce units. At higher levels you will upgrade more elite troops as well as upgrades that can be purchased. (For example, at level 2 Basic Training might be available for the new factions, level 3 rangers, level 5 fire arrows, level 10 a hero) I have not decided exactly what the exact levels/units/heroes will be, but this is the future of the system

So there it is. This will be in the release this weekend.
Robert J.

Edited by robnkarla, 27 June 2007 - 02:19 PM.

#2 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 27 June 2007 - 09:58 AM

Nice! Very original idea, i see however you mentioned Haradrim Warriors twice in Harad ally faction, I think you'll mean Harad spearmen :xcahik_: Keep up the good work!
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#3 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 27 June 2007 - 11:10 AM

hm... making Inns usefull, instead of having them make peasants and farmers.... me like it very much, very original! :xcahik_:

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#4 cahik_

cahik_

Sage engine ruler

• Project Team
  • 1,896 posts
  • Projects:Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member and Crazy animator

Posted 27 June 2007 - 04:10 PM

wonderfull idea me likes that very very much :xcahik_:

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 27 June 2007 - 04:42 PM

It looks fun, original and all that, but it sorta loses the purpose of an inn. :xcahik_: I mean, you wouldn't find whole armies in inns. :D

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#6 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 27 June 2007 - 05:44 PM

Yeah 'inn' should be renamed to something.... else. Any suggestions?
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#7 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 27 June 2007 - 06:17 PM

I might think of a different name for the inns, but the idea is that the inn becomes a waystation and a place for the allianced troops to stay. (Maybe a different modelconditions can apply or textures depending on who it is allianced for. It becomes more like a waystation for troops as they come to your add. It becomes more of an outpost/fort type than an inn.

The concept is that as you gain a bigger trust and develop your alliance (aka produce troops) the allianced army is willing to supply more to you. Thus you get more elite troops, upgrades, etc.

What I really like about it - it gives me the opportunity to introduce factions/new units without having to be full-fledged fortress, buildings, evas, etc. And it adds to the good vs. evil feel of the game, it in itself can help stabalize balance, opens up the flexibilty of strategies. You can do pretty much anything you want.

An interesting note on tactics - let's say to raise the inn to a level 5 with all of it's upgrades, if an enemy takes it the building will still remain a level 5 and all of the upgrades are available to them that were available to you. I'm debating one whether to figure out a way to have it "reset" the experience, but so far I'll keep it as described.

Robert J.

#8 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 07:45 PM

i wouldnt have it reset. it makes it so you will not want to lose it and you will actual protect it.
Posted Image

#9 Xingdao Fan

Xingdao Fan

look to the Evening Star!

• Project Team
  • 588 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK (BETA testing)

Posted 27 June 2007 - 08:21 PM

Good idea.

I think the Inn should be renamed Mercenary Camp or Retreat

Ah, good that you mention buildings. I forgot to ask you something; will BFME 1's style of 'training units giving experience to structures' be restored? I have an idea for that; keep the current instant-level up upgrade, but also allow structures to get experience by training units. However, auto-upgrading should be more expensive. This would give players two ways of leveling buildings:
  • Training units until the building levels up;
  • Purchasing the upgrade to skip instantly to level 2.
The experience gain should be slower, though. A building must first earn importance before evolution.

Edited by Xingdao Fan, 27 June 2007 - 08:21 PM.

xingdaofan-1.jpg

#10 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 27 June 2007 - 08:31 PM

Adummy - Yeah, that was the idea. I am trying to create points on the map that you need to defend and fight over. Similar to BFME1 outposts and farm plots. Mix the inns and the expensive wall hubs that can be built anywhere and you can set up your own camp around an inn.

Xingdao Fan - That's been my idea for a while - see other topic. It's been one of the items like combo hordes, campaign, etc. that I've kept on the back burner until it came time to announce. I usually like to do polls just for fun when doing the announcements as I think I know how they'll go, but to check and make sure my plan for the future is along the lines that everyone in general think.

So yes, there will be a combination of exp and puchasable upgrades. This will be availalble in a release in the near future.

Robert J.

#11 coolyboy77

coolyboy77
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 12:07 AM

is 3.5 out
if it is where can i download it(link)

#12 pasiecaaL

pasiecaaL
  • Project Team
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 08:14 AM

Cool idea,s :p

#13 mr_g

mr_g
  • Project Team
  • 186 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 08:14 AM

I don't know if it's the right place and mentionned before but this what I found :
the southern fiefdoms alliance it's named rohan alliance
the elves alliance description shows goblins description
Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 23 July 2007 - 07:53 PM

Thank you.

This has been fixed for 1.05.02

#15 Atlas

Atlas
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 10:42 PM

I Like the new idea for inns...
Keep the good work =p

"The Sky Has Fallen"

#16 mr_g

mr_g
  • Project Team
  • 186 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 09:10 AM

I don't know if it was mentionned before, but I can't upgraded the men of the south with the gondor upgrades.
for the other faction it's nomal, but gondor should permit southern fiefdoms to be upgraded
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 Spointz2020

Spointz2020
  • Members
  • 153 posts
  • Projects:RJ-Rotwk Beta Tester

Posted 02 August 2007 - 10:19 AM

okay awesome, now this will definitely get me to use those damned inns more, and i also like the idea bout how the model condition (skin) for the inn itself would vary depending on the set alliance! like say a ruined, decaying version for mordor, a wrecked + spieder webbed (if dats even a word) version for gobs., perhaps a slightly "industrialized" look for isen., and so on.. with each set alliance version of the inn retaining to their respective faction architectural styles :ninja:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 Guest_screechingshadowdemon_*

Guest_screechingshadowdemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2007 - 06:39 AM

Inn.jpg

Well, here is a quick update on how the inn system works:

1) After capturing an inn you will have a few options. First there will be units available to all factions regardless of choices. Good-Hobbits, Evil-Corsairs.

2) Along with the default units, there will be at least 3 faction alliances available. Each one currently costs 500 and takes 30 seconds. This will be adjusted in the future with different faction alliances costing more or less.
The current faction lists that are available are:
Good-
Gondor
Rohan
Elves
Dwarves
Southern Fiefdom

Evil-
Mordor
Isengard
Goblins
Rhun
Harad

How many alliance factions are available depends on how many I add. Currently there 4 for most. If I can get more units for different factions in game I'd like to add more. I'd love to have enough for Dale, Hobbits, Lorien, Rivendell, Iron Hills, Blue Mountains, & others with Elite Factions and all sorts of options. You can only purchase one faction per map. If you lose the inn and recapture it, the alliance will stay.

3) Once the faction upgrade is purchased you will have a number of units available, currently betwen 3-4 units. Below is a list of all of the units available from the inn currently for WotR era factions:

Gondor - Gondor Soldiers, Gondor Archers, Gondor Towerguards (to be replaced by Gondor Pikemen)
Rohan - Yeoman Soldiers, Yeoman Archers, Rohan Spearmen
South Fiefdom - Spearman of Pelargir, Footman of Ringlo Vale, Bowman of Morthond, Axeman of Lossnarch
Dwarves - Dwarven Guardians, Dwarven Phalanx, Dwarven Axethrowers
Elves - Lorien Warriors, Lorien Archers, Mithlond Sentries
Mordor - Orc Warriors, Orc Archers, Orc Pikmen
Isengard - Uruk-Hai, Uruk Crossbow, Uruk Pikemen
Haradrim - Haradrim Warriors, Haradrim Guardians, Haradrim Archers
Rhun - Easterling Archers, Easterling Pikemen, Easterling Warriors
Goblins - Goblin Fighters, Goblin Archers, Goblin Pikemen

Currently I am working out what options Angmar and Arnor will have.

4) In the future the Inns will gain levels as you produce units. At higher levels you will upgrade more elite troops as well as upgrades that can be purchased. (For example, at level 2 Basic Training might be available for the new factions, level 3 rangers, level 5 fire arrows, level 10 a hero) I have not decided exactly what the exact levels/units/heroes will be, but this is the future of the system

So there it is. This will be in the release this weekend.
Robert J.

1. nice to have starter units so to speak, but when i play evil factions i dont see corsairs, just the alliance choices
3. for arnor: why not do the dunedain soldiers, archers, and royal guard? Angmar: makes sense since some of their basic units are summoned by the thrall masters.
4. i like the ideas in this, look forward to enjoy gameplay more.
for the inn: maybe it should be renamed to somthin to rendevous camp or somthin?

i also too would like to see the faction buildings have the abilty to improve when making troops. however, this is just me but would the blacksmith buildings be at a disadvantage if it were to be implemented? (i.e. gondor, elves, isengard, goblins) hypothetically, if it were implemented concerning bfme 1 maps, would the ai build lvl 2 and 3 units from the buildings, cuz i noticed that they only train at lvl 1 for all of em, and dont expand to lvls 2 and 3.

#19 Caluadan

Caluadan

"When you cease to exist, then who will you blame?"

• Project Team
  • 1,101 posts
  • Projects:Wars of the East
  •  Artist, Skinner, Modeller, Website Designer

Posted 25 September 2007 - 01:27 PM

I love this :D
Posted Image
Posted Image
My artwork this far
| Battles of Gondor | Wars of the East | Last Alliance

Positive to nuclear energy, taxes (preferably high) and the European Union
Negative to car traffic and US foreign policy

#20 JEV3

JEV3

Mighty Armadillo

• Hosted
  • 719 posts
  • Projects:Game Enhancement Mod
  •  Coder, Skinner, Graphics, GEM Mod Leader
  • Job:T3A Chamber Member

Posted 27 September 2007 - 03:36 PM

Me too, despite the original post date... :) [/teasing]

While the topic is bumped anyways, perhaps we could get an update as for how things are going involving the inn system?
He who bears skill but lacks effort, makes himself inferior to those who have no skill but try nonetheless.
Posted Image
Posted Image
"There is some good in this world, and its worth fighting for!"
J.M.J.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users