#1 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  crazy coder

Posted 30 June 2007 - 02:23 AM

I just uploaded to the beta. Remember, this sooooo much a WIP beta, and I'm sure there are multiple bug.s

Check in here when you have the mod so I know who has it and who does not. Wait for the message. If you don't get it by Saturday, Pm and I'll reply with the link.

Any other posts that are not check-ins I will delete in this topic.

Robert J.

Edited by robnkarla, 30 June 2007 - 02:25 AM.

#2 thekiller11

thekiller11
  • Members
  • 124 posts
  • Projects:FVW

Posted 30 June 2007 - 06:27 AM

I've got it. Gonna play right now!! :p

EDIT: I get game.dat error

Edited by thekiller11, 30 June 2007 - 06:36 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

Gandalf: "Look to my coming at first light on the fifth day. At dawn look to the east."

#3 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 30 June 2007 - 06:37 AM

I've got it. Gonna play right now!! :p

EDIT: I get game.dat error

What is the error? Do you have the patch?

#4 thekiller11

thekiller11
  • Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 06:40 AM

I have the patch, it yust says "A game.dat error has occured" or something
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

Gandalf: "Look to my coming at first light on the fifth day. At dawn look to the east."

#5 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 30 June 2007 - 06:44 AM

Do you have any other mods installed? I've been able to get it to run a number of computers.

Often times I've heard that if you have used a number of mods that you might need to reinstall RotWK.

If you have MSN you can use rob.n.karla@hotmail.com

Edited by robnkarla, 30 June 2007 - 06:45 AM.

#6 thekiller11

thekiller11
  • Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 06:45 AM

I'll try that first
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Zyzzyva

Zyzzyva
  • Project Team
  • 158 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 11:14 AM

Hi! I got the BETA downloaded alright, however, I got a game crash message when I tried to open it. If it makes a difference it reads as follows:

"Expected floatingpoint value, math op, or predefined macro, but found 'RJ_EMOTION_CHEER_RADIUS'

Error parsing filed 'EmotionRange' in block 'Object' in file 'data/ini/object/evilfaction/hordes/evilmen/haradrimcombohords.ini'

Error parsing INI block ' EmotionRange' in file 'data/ini/object/evilfaction/hordes/evilmen/haradrimcombohords.ini' 5 adresses:
(unknown)(0): game.dat+240382 Debug::PostStaticInit+3390
(unknown)(0): game.dat+2347216 IntRange::IntRange+93886
(unknown)(0): game.dat+2377432 IntRange::IntRange+124093
(unknown)(0): game.dat+6542103 Xfer::~Xfer+118430
(unknown)(0): kernel32.dll+94167 RegisterWaitForInputIdle+73

Because of the severity of this error the game will now exit."

Hope this helps, because it certainly means nothing to me

PS: I dont have anything other than your mod (no other mods, no official patch)

PPS: I also thought Id mention that, in reference to the zip versus rar thing, I got a trial version of WinRar, but it only lasts 40 days, so eventually I will need it as a zip file

Edited by Zyzzyva, 30 June 2007 - 11:18 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt. We do not. It is wisdom to recognize necessity, when all other courses have been weighed, though as folly it may appear to those who cling to false hope. Well, let folly be our cloak, a veil before the eyes of the Enemy! For he is very wise, and weighs all things to a nicety in the scales of his malice. But the only measure that he knows is desire, desire for power; and so he judges all hearts. Into his heart the thought will not enter that any will refuse it, that having the Ring we may seek to destroy it. If we seek this, we shall put him out of reckoning.
-Gandalf

#8 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 30 June 2007 - 11:24 AM

I just downloaded it, everything works fine for me!
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#9 kaka22

kaka22
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 01:55 PM

Downloaded and not working.:@ Really frustrating. Got error
expected unsigned integer value,math op, or predefined macro, but found `RJ_GENERIC_KEEP_MONEY_TIME`
Error parsing field `depositTiming` in block `object` in file `data\ini\object\civilian\helmsdeeparcaderj.ini', line 145

Help would be nice ta.

#10 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 30 June 2007 - 03:23 PM

kaka22 and Zyzzyva - When did you get the error? At load or when playing a map?

A checklist to ensure that everything is running correctly:

1) The mod now needs the 2.01 patch
2) Make sure the .big file is in the application folder and not the program folder - this is a change from the previous releases.
3) Use the shortcut in the .rar file to play. ("C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king\lotrbfme2ep1.exe" -mod RJ_RotWK.big)
4) Make sure there are not any _xxx.big files in the Program files folder except for patch files.

If this does not work and you still get errors, it could be from other mods or your own modding. One option is to uninstall BFME and reinstall. This can sometimes fix the errors.

I'll be away from the computer for a day or so, and I'll help as much as I can when I get back.

Also, I will be adding a .zip file for the next release so you will have the option.

Edited by robnkarla, 30 June 2007 - 03:26 PM.

#11 Zyzzyva

Zyzzyva
  • Project Team
  • 158 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 03:48 PM

Ah that will be it. I dont have 2.01. One question though. Application folder? i put it in the general rotwk folder it makes automatically, since i didnt see an application folder. Or is it apt? The only other folders i have are data, lang, launcher, mss, and support.

P.S: As I said, It came when I tried to open the game

Edited by Zyzzyva, 30 June 2007 - 03:49 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt. We do not. It is wisdom to recognize necessity, when all other courses have been weighed, though as folly it may appear to those who cling to false hope. Well, let folly be our cloak, a veil before the eyes of the Enemy! For he is very wise, and weighs all things to a nicety in the scales of his malice. But the only measure that he knows is desire, desire for power; and so he judges all hearts. Into his heart the thought will not enter that any will refuse it, that having the Ring we may seek to destroy it. If we seek this, we shall put him out of reckoning.
-Gandalf

#12 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 03:52 PM

No, you have to put it in C/documents and settings/*youraccount*/my lord of the rings, the rise of the witch-king files
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#13 Zyzzyva

Zyzzyva
  • Project Team
  • 158 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 04:15 PM

Uh oh. I have a bad feeling about this.... My username for the online portion of the game? What if i dont play online, so I've forgotten? Normally Id check on the online log in screen in game, but since I cant open the game.... Or is this the whole 'register your account' thing, because I never did? Is there anyway to find this file manually or do you have to just type it in?

Edited by Zyzzyva, 30 June 2007 - 04:16 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

-Gandalf

#14 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 04:17 PM

No, not your online username, your username on your pc.

#15 Zyzzyva

Zyzzyva
  • Project Team
  • 158 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 04:25 PM

Ok Im totally lost now, I typed it in (C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\my lord of the rings, the rise of the witch-king files), but it says it cant find it. What should I do now? Ive tried various different ways, such as without spaces. Thanks for all the help though, Allathar

Edited by Zyzzyva, 30 June 2007 - 04:42 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

-Gandalf

#16 kaka22

kaka22
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 04:43 PM

Yes got it working. Had to download patch and put it in application folder. Crashed at Amon Hem again for me wit game.dat error or something similar to that.

zyzzyva it sounds as if you have it as a hidden folder. to unhide it go into my documents then right click and go to properties. then in there it should say something about hidden folders try that and tell us how u get on.

#17 Zyzzyva

Zyzzyva
  • Project Team
  • 158 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 04:52 PM

Ugh..... Nope, thats not it. Hidden isn't checked off, and when i tried hiding everything then unhiding everything it still couldn't find it. As I said though, Im really grateful for all your guys help. Im not really good with computers and such :p Im more of a booky type (Hence the name Zyzzyva)

Edited by Zyzzyva, 30 June 2007 - 04:54 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

-Gandalf

#18 kaka22

kaka22
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 05:01 PM

thats a real puzzler right enough. where exactly r u looking to be precise? try doing this start\my computer\local disk c\documents and settings\your name(if nothing appears try unhiding thingy) then try find application data folder... soz if it doesnt work.

#19 Zyzzyva

Zyzzyva
  • Project Team
  • 158 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 05:26 PM

Ok, well i did something weird and found the Application Data thing. Then I moved the files there. So thats one problem out of the way, and I got the official patch earlier. BUT, for some reason, its STILL not working! And I checked the other things Robnkarla listed, its not those either. This is really starting to frustrate me.
Posted Image

Posted Image

-Gandalf

#20 kaka22

kaka22
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 05:39 PM

best thing to do is uninstall it and delete all files from tht folder. only takes 10mins to reinstall. really easy to do and well worth it. btw did u delete the .big file from program files?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users