#1 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  crazy coder

Posted 30 June 2007 - 02:28 AM

Add any suggestions and/or bugs for Dwarves in here. I want to seperate the factions for discussion.

To Do's:
- Ensure that the Porter, Siege Weapons, Battle Wagon and other units use the same overall feel to their textures as the three dwarven units
- use the same methodoligy for the rohirrim as th dwarves to give the randomtextures more than 1 upgraded texture while maintaining the hair color and other aspects of the non-upgraded texure
- New button images and portraits for the Men of Dale Soldiers and Archers
- Decide how to use Brand and Bard. Replace Bard, or change brand->bard, or replace both.
- Add two button images for the guardians - one for the forged blades and one for the siege hammer
- Reoganize leadership & hero powers (Remove leadership from Gimli)
Bugs:
- Every once in a while some of the textures go strange (palantir/pp glow, banner carrier glow, etc.) I think it is related to the new Dale Banner Carrier.
- Dwarves lose their mine network in the RJ-BFME1 maps. Need to compensate for this loss.

Edited by robnkarla, 15 July 2007 - 12:21 PM.

#2 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 10 July 2007 - 01:12 PM

Men of Dale soldiers are doing ZERO dmg.
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#3 el kevo

el kevo

title available

• Members
  • 634 posts
  • Projects:Staff at Flameguard's "Game Sector Network"

Posted 10 July 2007 - 09:38 PM

Dale Archers have green fire arrows when there not shooting. Dale archers are OP because every enemy they hit dies in one hit.
Posted Image

#4 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 12 July 2007 - 10:31 PM

What would you like to see with the dwarven powers? I actually like the CaH models used for the dwarves, but a lot of the powers either are or feel like CaH clones. What would you like to see?

Below is a link to the current powers/stats (Except the CP bonus):
http://rjrotwk.the3r...ons_dwarves.htm

#5 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 13 July 2007 - 06:01 PM

well, idk really, but dwarves should be tank heroes, and they should complement eachother's strengths and weaknesses. So if you had all the dwarves, you would have a really good balanced set of powers. For instance, 1 leadership that is +75% armor -25% damage, and another thats +75% damage -25% armor. Just an example. Also, i think frodo should be replaced with bilbo.

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#6 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 13 July 2007 - 06:08 PM

I hope to have a Bilbo soon....Frodo them will be replaced, and I'll just have to come up with a new use for Frodo :p

#7 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 13 July 2007 - 06:14 PM

i thought we already had a new use for him O_o

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#8 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 13 July 2007 - 06:26 PM

Shh....I have not started to get it working...I can't announce it until I know it will work at least somewhat the way that I'd like.

#9 Xingdao Fan

Xingdao Fan

look to the Evening Star!

• Project Team
  • 588 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK (BETA testing)

Posted 20 July 2007 - 09:00 AM

I have an idea for a new dwarf unit. Men of Esgaroth, who can be trained at the Lvl1 Archery Range. Make the Dwarven Axe Throwers a lvl2 Archery Range unit, and Men of Dale lvl3 (do not forget to change Fire Arrows to be purchasable at Lvl3 Archery Range only, and make Black Arrows a lvl2 ability, if you forget to do so earlier).

The Men of Esgaroth will be also used in the campaign, I guess.

xingdaofan-1.jpg

#10 Ergopad

Ergopad
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 09:05 AM

And addition to that, I'd like to see new dwarf unit, since they don't really have any elite/early-game unit...
Posted Image
The Path of The Avatar

Heroes never die
...As long as they are remembered.

#11 Xingdao Fan

Xingdao Fan

• Project Team
  • 588 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 09:07 AM

Hobbits are good early-game heroes, but they'll become more expensive in 1.50.02.

xingdaofan-1.jpg

#12 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 09:58 AM

Men of Dale soldiers are now kinda the early-game unit, but they're kinda weak now (making them do a lil' more dmg wouldn't hurt), but another early-game unit wouldn't hurt I think... I remember a mod having Dwarven Crossbowmen, perhaps they should be lvl 2 archers? Having larger range but do less dmg?
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#13 Ergopad

Ergopad
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:15 PM

Dwarven Crossbowmen would be good addition. I don't like too much men in dwarves' faction, u know. :) Actually, crossbow should do more damage than regular bow, firing rate then should be much much lower.
Posted Image
The Path of The Avatar

Heroes never die
...As long as they are remembered.

#14 Xingdao Fan

Xingdao Fan

• Project Team
  • 588 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:39 PM

Or, we could simply change the name of Dale Soldiers to Men of Esgaroth. But that way we would have two starting melee units; Dwarven Guardians and the Men of Esgaroth/Dale/whatever. We could make Guardians lvl 2 units, but that would kinda get the feeling out of the faction. I think the new unit should go to the Archery Range... besides, Men of Dale are better with bow.

xingdaofan-1.jpg

#15 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 01:01 PM

Or create a new building for all Dale units.
Or move all Dale units to the inn to make an alliance with.

#16 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 20 July 2007 - 05:29 PM

i would agree to having a dale barracks. also, ea made some very cool concept are for a dwarven crossbowman. i was dissapointed they didnt use him.

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#17 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 11:13 AM

A bug:

Cuz it's kinda hard to place a siege workshop in the base, I turned it and placed it very near the wall. Now, when you create a catapult, it spawns on the wall and you can't get it off...

#18 Distant

Distant
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 10:21 PM

Bug report for 1.05.02:

I wish I knew how this happened, the battle was a bit too messy for me to keep track. At some point a men of dale banner carrier became his own unit. I don’t know if it was from a ranged or melee group, as I was using both at the time, coupling the archers of Dale with dwarven axe throwers and the swordsmen of Dale with the dwarven phalanx pikemen (which for the record I would like to say are both totally awesome). For reference, I played this match in the Brown Lands modified map with 7 easy AIs of random races. His behavior was as follows.

He did not respond to move commands unless I used the left+right drag formation movement command.
He would not attack on his own, though he would attack if ordered to.
When ordered to attack, he would only attack the specific model clicked on and when finished would ignore the rest of its squad.
Enemy units would move to him and follow him, but would not attack him even while being attacked by him.
His vision radius extended about as far as his own shoes.
The option to decommission him did not appear when mousing over the fortress.
The heal spell would animate healing around him, but would not restore whatever type of squad he used to have.

On an unrelated note, I was disappointed to discover no tower or catapult option on the walls of my little fortification for the Dwarves. Naturally, I assume that this is simply a matter of waiting for a future release that includes perhaps a new catapult or tower model that hasn’t been finished yet. After all, one of the defining characteristics of the Dwarves in the books was their craftsmanship, and in the games their overwhelming options for fortification.

#19 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 26 July 2007 - 11:35 PM

i dont hav 1.05.02 yet, but unless rob changed the dwarven fortress, they do hav towers/catapults/halls, but u dont buy them directly on the walls, ther r defensive foundations just outside the walls, and the expansions attach 2 the wall.
this is how it was in 1.05.01

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#20 Distant

Distant
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 12:49 AM

Thanks, I'll reload and look for them right now.

Edit:

I see them now. They were kind of hidden by the Brown Lands texture. I'm suprised that the smaller ones are used on the ground and the larger on the wall, instead of the other way around. To me, a catapult is a bigger deal than a postern gate.

In other news, I'm not having any luck recreating the rouge banner carrier bug. I'll keep at it though.

Edited by Distant, 27 July 2007 - 01:29 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users