#721 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 01 July 2009 - 12:53 PM

Hang on now... the fact that he disagrees with one of your ideas doesn't mean that he agrees with the other. You have 15 seconds to rebut yourself.
BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

#722 Martini

Martini
  • Members
  • 31 posts
  •  The annoyingly pendantic gamer

Posted 01 July 2009 - 02:01 PM

Whaaaaat? Ok I'm confused now. Whatever I actually put forward two ideas and I adding a third one; adding a Pirate Lord of Umbar and then changing the four main heroes in the WotR to the four humanly heroes and the Nazgul would be the trainable heroes next to the respective CaH and two wizards. Now I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the Mordor section or Evil men section as I am replying via my phone, so I apologise if it's in the wrong place, but it is connected with the Nazgul 'system'. Cheers
Easterlings, Haradrim, Valiant Variags of Khand and Corsairs of Umbar! Unite! UNITE! Against the Gondorians and deny them their right to their claim of Numenoreanship. We are the true Numenoreans!

#723 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 01 July 2009 - 03:52 PM

Hello again,
I'm going to be very dramatic and direct, so don't get offended. You classic beta testers are a dying breed. Ever since Rj decided to release updates, we are all in effect BETA TESTERS. You mentioned that your 'job' is to weed out bad ideas well that is what you denied doing, because by 'weeding out' bad ideas your dismissing ideas YOU think are bad. Now enough about you and back to the topic at hand. Mordor already has seven Nazguls, a black Numenorean and two Orc leaders. The MotE on the other hand only has two wizards, three human leaders and two Nazguls. The MotE would desperatly need a Pirate king of Umbar for a full house. Then moving Dwar of waw and Ulvatha the Horseman to the MotE as seven Nazguls are still a force to be reckoned with and dividing a force is ineffect weakening it. You mentioned liking the Nazguls leading the MotE, then you'd atleast agree with dividing them as both Dwar and Ulvatha are kings of the East. Cheers

When half the beta staff is awol like rob, it's hard to disagree with that first part ;) Most of are beta testers though because we've been here for, well, forever :crazed: I think I've been here the longest, with the exception of maybe Shikari or Dojob.

One thing that's always an issue is the conflict between balanced gameplay and fun. You say mordor has 11 heroes, so we should add more to MotE. Well, I say Mordor has way too many :) Take a look at Gondor, with 6. Even then, Imrahil is fairly redundant and could stand to be taken out. Or dwarves, where rob kinda just piled on the heroes without really giving them a purpose. That just suggests a hero spam to the player, and mordor is already borderline op because of free orcs and nazgul spam. I'd rather see some taken out of mordor...but I'm sure that would be met with a lot of outcries too.

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#724 dojob

dojob

AoW+DoW ftw

• Project Team
  • 1,304 posts
  • Projects:Beta testing for WoA, RJ, and KotW
  •  Cav Rusher + Beta Tester

Posted 01 July 2009 - 04:31 PM

Meh, the Nazgul aren't that OP, it's just that orcs are free and give PP to players that get them killed so u can basically cover the other player in masses of them and use the money u didn't spend on them (+money from industry and ur unharassed slaughterhouses and mills) to buy whatever u want, while dropping PP abilities allover the place.

Tbh, Mordor really only needs one change to fix them: make orcs cost money to train; by having orcs that aren't free, people playing against Mordor would have much-needed time to build up and harass and Mordor players wouldn't have all that extra money to spam Nazguls with. Even the PP problem would be solved because there just wouldn't be as many orcs to give it out, and to balance it out and keep Mordor unique, you could have a late-game upgrade that makes them free again and maybe you could make trolls faster and more resistant to arrows (because they seemed to suck iirc).

What do u think of that?
Some helpful info on RotWK replays
Game Replays Forums; I am Panda Bear™
Awesome sig by TravTech :D PANDA POWER!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And please add Bear-mans

#725 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 01 July 2009 - 05:34 PM

@martini: what i meant when i said 'bad ideas' was things like giving saruman a giant flaming train that he rides into battle. things that are totally ridiculous are what i consider bad. i never called any of your ideas bad either.
and i do agree with your first statement, that is what i was implying when i said 'with the current state of the mod'. notice i never mentioned actually testing. its just a title atm.

@yoda: even if you havnt been here the longest, your post count is certainly the largest, so who's gonna argue with you? :p

@dojob: charging for orcs is fine with me. seems like it could work out well enough in terms of balancing mordor. if we do start charging for them (i sound like im selling orcs :unsure:) then i would rather not see a power that makes them free again. seems to me that by the time you get it, you would have enough money taht it doesnt make much of a difference.
trolls could stand to be better against arrows, though i dont think they should get any faster than they are now.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#726 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 01 July 2009 - 11:01 PM

Take away the free pp is really all to start I think...with enough archers, orcs suck. And even 8 or so pit spams aren't that great, because they take up all the cp you need for better siege weapons and stuff.

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#727 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 11:53 PM

well thats what the nazgul spam is for. they can trample all of the archers in no time. perhaps get rid of the free pp and just increase the decceleration of the nazgul's trample a bit.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#728 dojob

dojob

AoW+DoW ftw

• Project Team
  • 1,304 posts
  • Projects:Beta testing for WoA, RJ, and KotW
  •  Cav Rusher + Beta Tester

Posted 02 July 2009 - 01:50 AM

Take away the free pp is really all to start I think...with enough archers, orcs suck. And even 8 or so pit spams aren't that great, because they take up all the cp you need for better siege weapons and stuff.

Not really; with all the orcs getting killed I always have plenty of cp for catas unless I just used CTH, and if u waste too much money on archers then u cant harass, nazgul trample u, and the orcs just keep coming. I've only seen Elves hold them off and even then I was playing sloppy...

But yeah, u shouldn't be getting SSSOOOOO much PP for getting them killed, but just a little imo :p
Some helpful info on RotWK replays
Game Replays Forums; I am Panda Bear™
Awesome sig by TravTech :D PANDA POWER!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And please add Bear-mans

#729 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 02 July 2009 - 02:00 AM

I've held off mordor with gondor and rohan pretty well :p

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#730 Martini

Martini
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:29 AM

Thats my point! :) the Nazgul are not that OP after all! :p
Easterlings, Haradrim, Valiant Variags of Khand and Corsairs of Umbar! Unite! UNITE! Against the Gondorians and deny them their right to their claim of Numenoreanship. We are the true Numenoreans!

#731 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 02 July 2009 - 04:41 PM

If they costed 2k they'd be fine...a maybe did a little less damage to spears -.-, but they're still pretty op, especially with morgul wights.

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#732 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 04:57 PM

works for me

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#733 Martini

Martini
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 05:20 PM

Hello Again! :p
I've come up with a solution which will sweep the market! It's pokemon cards! joke. Ok, I was thinking, noone really wants change, right? So I say; add a Corsair hero to the MotE rooster, keep the Nazguls as they are, BUT! in the WotR make the four main heroes in the custom WotR the four mortal heroes and make the two Nazguls trainable :) so practically not mouch balancing and moving around just switching heros! :p
Cheers

#734 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 08:22 PM

im fine with that as long as the corsair hero is not a carbon-copy of another hero.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#735 Martini

Martini
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 08:28 PM

im fine with that as long as the corsair hero is not a carbon-copy of another hero.

Well I have the entire summer break to learn how to make a hero and then I'll try to make one :p wish me luck

Any tips? suggestions how to create a new hero? :)

Edited by Martini, 02 July 2009 - 09:50 PM.

#736 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 03 July 2009 - 12:34 AM

Look at Gondor. You have pippin, an early scout. Faramir, an all around versatile sword/bow/mount. Boromir, who can stun and take down other heroes and trolls with knockback. Aragorn, who's a freaking tank. And Gandalf, who's amazing support but not so great at fighting. Ignore imrahil :p

Captain Jackson anyone? :)

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#737 Martini

Martini
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 01:56 PM

Look at Gondor. You have pippin, an early scout. Faramir, an all around versatile sword/bow/mount. Boromir, who can stun and take down other heroes and trolls with knockback. Aragorn, who's a freaking tank. And Gandalf, who's amazing support but not so great at fighting. Ignore imrahil :sad:

Captain Jackson anyone? ;)

Ok :p so what you say we do? :p I've been readng article upon article on modding and have given up, but I'll try again :p

#738 Prototype-

Prototype-
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 10:29 AM

is there anyway to fix the morgul orcs being unable to attack when equipped with forged blades? (i think its forged blades, but not 100% certain. i had 20 hordes of fully equpied morgul orcs march on an elven base only to realise they were unable to attck :D )

#739 Dant

Dant

title available

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 10:33 AM

I got kind of that bug before it happend to my normal orc horde..maybe you should report in bug report topic. :D
Posted Image

#740 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 23 July 2009 - 06:14 PM

Yeah, post it in the bug reports topic.

yodasig2.png
My political compass

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users