• Please log in to reply
769 replies to this topic

#61 Spointz2020

Spointz2020
  • Members
  • 153 posts
  • Projects:RJ-Rotwk Beta Tester

Posted 04 August 2007 - 08:03 AM

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! my dear gobbos won't be outspamming the orcs!! :p *sigh* - well i perfectly understand you points guyz... but i rlly know what u mean - but this game was originally designed to place gobbos on a more spammable standard no? (although i must admit EA has made numerous, numerous mistakes so i wouldn't attempt to stand my base using their decision ;) ) But i just hate the concept of anything being "free" it just doesn't stick. It is reasonable yes YOda, considering CP still limits them, but couldn't rob at least make them cost like 5? or 10 resources? I mean c'mon thats close enough to being free no? Cuz im sure that it at least cost sauron a little bit breeding and arming tens of thousands of orcs, cheap but definitely something should go there. You know to be honest I would be fine even if they cost like 1, as long as they cost something (free just doesn't suit me).

And dalf of course i know goblins are a type of orcs - everyone does - its mentioned not onlyin books, but even in the adaptive movies... so that fact really has nothing to do with the point im trying to get across (Goblins vs. common Mordor orcs in general <- and i know you could subcategorize even those types into a dozen or so more)

So about wat yoda said - of the gobs being newly 30 $$ worth, and orcs still being free... that means that a single gobbo batt will surely be able to take on a single batt of orcs in the new update? :p

Also yoda, will the cp cost for either the gobbos or orcs gonna be changed at all? (if you know that is)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#62 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 04 August 2007 - 07:26 PM

check what rob said in orcs vs gobbies poll.

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#63 Spointz2020

Spointz2020
  • Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 06:26 AM

check what rob said in orcs vs gobbies poll.

yea since the word came out of his mouth the idea sounded more "favorable" :)

BTW - anyone else feel like they wanna see that Attack Troll "hero" from The Return of the King - in the end where Aragorn gets nearly pwned by him? ;) he's just so cool!

Edited by Spointz2020, 07 August 2007 - 02:09 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#64 Zyzzyva

Zyzzyva
  • Project Team
  • 158 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 05:31 PM

Everyones Favorite Bug is Back! :blush:

Anyways, I dont know whats planed for the hound lair right now, but I thought Id make some suggestions. I dont really think that Mordor needs any cavalry (black warg riders). The Hounds are a neat idea, but the warg riders are just to isengardish for me. I would suggest changing the name of the place to a monster pit, and add a few dangerous creatures, and take out the hound riders. Some interesting creatures might include non flying fellbeasts (I know this has already been discussed) and cloud of bats, which could fly around the map like the power but slower and have a weak attack on other creatures, and only be vulnerable to arrows, like other flying beasts. Then again, this idea would fit more in the goblins (bats accompanyed Bolg and darkened the sky in the Battle of the Five Armies. I beleive they even attacked the wounded but im not sure about that).

My other idea is for Mordor fortress expansions. Instead of walls, Mordor could be given Morgai Thorns! The thorns, based on the wickedly sharp ones Sam and Frodo incounter in the Black Land, wouldnt stop units from passing through, but would inflict damage on any who do. The Amount of Damage would depend on the cost. These thorns dont nessesarily have to last though. You could make it while units are walking through, they inflict damage back on the thorns (tearing away thorns with them and breaking branches.

Another fortress expansion could replace lava moat. Yes, there is plenty of lava in Mordor, but when did Sauron ever utilise it, other than in the making of the ring? It could be replaced with Waters of the Vale, which were according to Faramir, poisonous. It would have the same affect as the lava, maybe slightly lessened, and then have a small poison damage inflicted on enemy units in a small radius around the fortress. Perhaps even fire arrows could be replaced with random spirts of fire from just around the fortress.

Most of these ideas are crazy/impossible to do, but I just thought id put it out there. After all, I dont want to miss out on .03 ;)
Posted Image

Posted Image

Despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt. We do not. It is wisdom to recognize necessity, when all other courses have been weighed, though as folly it may appear to those who cling to false hope. Well, let folly be our cloak, a veil before the eyes of the Enemy! For he is very wise, and weighs all things to a nicety in the scales of his malice. But the only measure that he knows is desire, desire for power; and so he judges all hearts. Into his heart the thought will not enter that any will refuse it, that having the Ring we may seek to destroy it. If we seek this, we shall put him out of reckoning.
-Gandalf

#65 Lord_Denethor

Lord_Denethor
  • Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 05:40 PM

Thats a pretty good idea. I like that, it gives Mordor a unique advantage somewhat. But hey Spointz when you say you wanna add the attack troll who battled Aragorn, that reminded me (kind of off topic but), i was watching the SEE of RoTK and they had an abandoned concept where Aragorn battles Sauron!!! In the concept Sauron was about to kill him when Frodo throws the ring in Mt.Doom. BUT ANYWAY haha back on topic. Black Orcs need to be ELITE!!! Faster attack speed!! The AI also builds a large amount of Battering Rams and sends them to my base to own. Good idea, but it kinda sucks when they own me.
"Hail Denethor, Son of Ecthelion, Lord and Steward of Gondor!"-Gandalf the White

"The Rule of Gondor is mine, and no others!!" -Denethor II, Lord and Steward of Gondor

#66 {IP}jimmyman

{IP}jimmyman

The only was one can understand me is by being me.

• Project Team
  • 644 posts
  • Projects:Mapping for RJ_RotWK
  •  freelance mapper/3d modeler in training

Posted 14 August 2007 - 02:07 AM

yea
third wave against them with my army of gondor
TWELVE rams...i got hella pissed and sent all my heroes to kill them
but they have to great a defense so it took out my wall, gate, and barracks....
Sig by Serated
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image CLICK THE DRAGONS Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#67 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 14 August 2007 - 02:37 AM

the battering rams thing happens a lot, except they often just send the rams into the center of my army 2 b annhilated and they waste a lot of money i wuld assume.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#68 {IP}jimmyman

{IP}jimmyman

The only was one can understand me is by being me.

• Project Team
  • 644 posts
  • Projects:Mapping for RJ_RotWK
  •  freelance mapper/3d modeler in training

Posted 14 August 2007 - 05:33 AM

yes thats usually what happens
but i have a knack fer getting late game units REEEEAAAALLLY early ingame :p so im usually klow on units and most of their bigger attacks come from below so my army is focused there (NOTE: played on Mouths of the Entwash)
Sig by Serated
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image CLICK THE DRAGONS Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#69 Spointz2020

Spointz2020
  • Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 11:33 AM

Thats a pretty good idea. I like that, it gives Mordor a unique advantage somewhat. But hey Spointz when you say you wanna add the attack troll who battled Aragorn, that reminded me (kind of off topic but), i was watching the SEE of RoTK and they had an abandoned concept where Aragorn battles Sauron!!! In the concept Sauron was about to kill him when Frodo throws the ring in Mt.Doom. BUT ANYWAY haha back on topic. Black Orcs need to be ELITE!!! Faster attack speed!! The AI also builds a large amount of Battering Rams and sends them to my base to own. Good idea, but it kinda sucks when they own me.

Lmao, that only gets me more curious about .... this "SEE" mod... i of course am firmly willful to stick to this mod primarily no matter what.. but I'm getting interested in checking out how exactly this - "Special Extended Edition" is liked by so many ppl :p :) Hehe Aragorn battling Sauron, that actually sounds pretty much like the "ultimate encounter" that was never truly brought about in the actual books/movies - which now that i think of would've been a critical element to the plot... But for some reason the universe of Middle-earth itself, and the other contents of probably one of the most imaginative and brilliant fantasy worlds ever created is able to balance that out really.. :p

P.s. does ne one else think sauron himself should somehow be incorporated into the Mordor faction itself, that just being a generic "ring hero" i mean its so annoying!!! :good: sauron is like da coolest dude and he clearly deserves a stronger role in the game!! (although I know currently wk is already the 5000 hero for the faction, and ther usually isn't mroe than one super elite 5000 hero... Perhaps he could cost like 7,000 or 8,000 and come with a bit of a boot from his "Ring Hero" version to further standarize him to the regular gameplay?

Edited by Spointz2020, 14 August 2007 - 11:37 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#70 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 14 August 2007 - 02:31 PM

there were some thoughts(or decisions) a while back that when ring system is reworked, the eye of sauron would be a permanent hero to be upograded with the ring :xcahik_:

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#71 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 12:24 AM

the prob is sauron is pretty much the only hero in the whole lore who cannot possibly b in physical form w/o the ring. so it dosnt really make sense unless we move the mordor faction bak 2 the last alliance period.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#72 Spointz2020

Spointz2020
  • Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 12:38 PM

well im not talking time issues or nething, but doesn't ne one actually wanna see "the Dark Lord" of evil or doom or w/e u wanna put it - fight and own all the goody-goodies more often on the battlefield; and leading his stupid orcs to war?? I mean seriously, i can't take how all these vague and insignificant heroes are always considered of being included, but the major major kick ass evil dude - Sauron has practically been forgotten and cast into the dark corners of the game, where he appears ever only so often.. In fact 95% of the regular bfme 2 matches totally ignore the "Ring Hero" concept of the game!! :)

And yoda, wat u said sounds kinda cool; but i don't think i even understand really what ur talking about ;)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#73 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 15 August 2007 - 01:55 PM

*sighs*

what i was saying was this. instead of having the eye of sauron as a summon, rob will probly make it into a regular hero that you buy from fortress, though it may need gorgoroth sorcery or something before you can buy it. when you get it, it just acts like the normal power, but without the time limit. so you have a permanent eye of sauron to buff your troops ;) now, the ring will be reworked too so you will have a much better chance of finding it and making it more useful too. if mordor gets it, and upgrade becomes available on the eye to turn it into sauron? comprehendo?

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#74 Shikari

Shikari

Allons-y!

• Project Team
  • 1,327 posts
  • Projects:RJ - RotWK
  •  2D Art

Posted 15 August 2007 - 01:55 PM

Spointz perhaps you should try the arcade edition mod - you seem to focus mainly on the op elements of the game. Imo sauron should not feature in every battle as you suggest, at what point in the film does he march out of Barad-dur without having the ring on his finger. What yodawarrior is suggesting is that the eye of sauron is a permanent mordor hero instead of being a power and upon returning the ring to the fortress the op 'darklord' can be built. ;)

Edit: Sorry yoda beat me to posting

Edited by Shikari, 15 August 2007 - 01:56 PM.

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#75 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 15 August 2007 - 01:59 PM

hehe, yours is clearer than mine anyway ;) :)

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#76 Spointz2020

Spointz2020
  • Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 10:47 AM

*sighs*

what i was saying was this. instead of having the eye of sauron as a summon, rob will probly make it into a regular hero that you buy from fortress, though it may need gorgoroth sorcery or something before you can buy it. when you get it, it just acts like the normal power, but without the time limit. so you have a permanent eye of sauron to buff your troops ;) now, the ring will be reworked too so you will have a much better chance of finding it and making it more useful too. if mordor gets it, and upgrade becomes available on the eye to turn it into sauron? comprehendo?

si comprendo ( - the h ther :p ). Okay i like the idea bout permanent Eye of Sauron hero.. afterall i had always wanted something like that !!! :p and if it is true as u say that the ring system is much more integrated - that's also a lot better.

Spointz perhaps you should try the arcade edition mod - you seem to focus mainly on the op elements of the game. Imo sauron should not feature in every battle as you suggest, at what point in the film does he march out of Barad-dur without having the ring on his finger. What yodawarrior is suggesting is that the eye of sauron is a permanent mordor hero instead of being a power and upon returning the ring to the fortress the op 'darklord' can be built.

No ur totally wrong on such an assumption. I was simply saying my feelings based on the climatical sense of feel of the game that i felt was needed.

But about how u think that I "focus mainly on the OP elements of the game." Lol isn't that point to focus on those imbalanced issues to correct them? And in any case, ur totally taking it the wrong way with how I overall naturally favor these RTS games... In fact, I absolutely despise the various mass OP hero systems of the so-called "RTS" games of today. Some of the modern RTS games are practically empty of much their strategic elements cuz they busy themselves far too much on OP hero pwning entire armies... destroying the purpose for unit/resource gathering/ tactical planning/ and even a lot of micro. U just have a few imba heroes go in and start raping everything then take him out of ther when he loses some hp/ get him healed then go through the redundant process over and over again... Just like WarcraftIII. That's why i usually tend to favor the few unit micro/strategic RTS games that follow the examples of Starcraft and stuff.

I would well do with an RTS game that entirely trashes the hero system and bases more on resource, strategy, and micro.. EXACTLY the opposite of BFME2 and such games. That said however, I do actually enjoy greatly certain game gernres like BFME series; due to my personal "love" in the lore and background and the overall epic look. And considering this game is already so d3sperately dependent upon the mass-hero system and OP imba issues; I felt that we migth as well delve deeper into the lore feel/ rather than focus on an already hopeless element in the game: the "real strategy" element.

And lastly, WHERE ever did I seriously suggest that Sauron "SHOULD APPEAR IN EVERY BATTLE"???? I think u took things wayyy too far practically "corrupting" wat i said... I've only ever said he should play a more fundamental role in certain long-ass massive games; and that he should ACTUALLY APPEAR rather than be totally unused. Also, when u refer to "Sauron" as being so "OP" u are so horribly wrong. Considering, his massive AOE attk is derivedd from what we saw in the movie, and he is simply so damingly slow that he might as well be tossed over a window if he wasleft chasing other around the map. Plus, i'm not sure if you realize - but Aragorn on Blademaster crack, athelas, heal can EASILY overwhelm Sauron.... ;) :)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#77 Shikari

Shikari

Allons-y!

• Project Team
  • 1,327 posts
  • Projects:RJ - RotWK
  •  2D Art

Posted 18 August 2007 - 02:25 PM

Ok, I'm sorry if I'v majorly misinterpreted you there. I agree with a lot of the above ^^. I think we're all agreed though that the system of upgrading eye of sauron to sauron is a very good idea.

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#78 EggyDan

EggyDan

Eodynn

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 09:39 PM

Haha I played against a medium Mordor as Rohan, and they kept pouring out loads of attack trolls on me! I got maced pretty bad

#79 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 01:28 AM

yea, they seem 2 do that; actually all the factions do. they make way 2 many siege units. vry annoying. but its really only effective wen dun w/ trolls, then its gets hellishly annoyin.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#80 Zyzzyva

Zyzzyva
  • Project Team
  • 158 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 04:14 PM

One question: now that the taverns removed, where is upgrades located? I didnt see them in the siege workshop, which is where i thought it was.

Also, I had a random idea to maybe replace the carbon copy of isen's deathbringers. Perhaps, as a lvl 3 orc pit upgrade, you could purchase the uruk upgrade. This would work like forged blades and heavy armour in that you buy it there and then buy it for the battalion. Or maybe you buy it at fortress like draft, except more expensive. I dunno. Anyways, this upgrade could only be purchased for normal orcs, and it would upgrade them into Mordor Uruks. They would be part way between a black uruk (maybe diff name for one to make less similar) and normal orc, and maybe cost 200 per unit battalion. They could stand up straighter and wield a big, slightly curved sword (Those of you that have played Lord of the Rings The Return of the King by EA will know what im talkin about.). Just a random idea, but i try to give ideas thatll make factions more unique.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt. We do not. It is wisdom to recognize necessity, when all other courses have been weighed, though as folly it may appear to those who cling to false hope. Well, let folly be our cloak, a veil before the eyes of the Enemy! For he is very wise, and weighs all things to a nicety in the scales of his malice. But the only measure that he knows is desire, desire for power; and so he judges all hearts. Into his heart the thought will not enter that any will refuse it, that having the Ring we may seek to destroy it. If we seek this, we shall put him out of reckoning.
-Gandalf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users