#1 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  crazy coder

Posted 30 June 2007 - 02:32 AM

Add any suggestions and/or bugs for Evil Men in here. I want to seperate the factions for discussion.

#2 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 30 June 2007 - 11:29 AM

Some quick things I noticed when playing Evil Men

- The heroes are messed up, but I think the reason is cuz they're a WIP
- Haradrim lancers too cheap, build time needs increased
- Haradrim Palace doesn't research Nazgul!
- Easterling Wain Raiders are available at lvl 1 Rhun Stables

Edited by Allathar, 30 June 2007 - 11:41 AM.

It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#3 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 30 June 2007 - 03:42 PM

Some quick things I noticed when playing Evil Men

- The heroes are messed up, but I think the reason is cuz they're a WIP
- Haradrim lancers too cheap, build time needs increased
- Haradrim Palace doesn't research Nazgul!
- Easterling Wain Raiders are available at lvl 1 Rhun Stables

- Yeah, the heroes are all a little messed up for Evil Men - the next release will ensure that a lot of it will be corrected and they will at least have all their powers that have been created working properly

- The lancers still are at BFME2 1.06 cost/build time. I'll be adjusting these as well as the rest of the units either in next weeks release or the following.

- Haradrim Palace won't be researching nazgul. The black rider has been removed as a m.h.h. Instead there should be 7 nazgul available to Mordor and 2 for EvilMen at the fortress as heroes. I'm debating whether Mordor will have a m.h.h. (black uruks might be the option.) Evil men will have the black serpent guard that are not in the game currently but will be in the next release.

- That sooo needs to be fixed and will be for the next release.

Thank you!
Robert J.

#4 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 03:47 PM

lol, I know the Haradrim Palace isn't supposed to research nazgul :p, but the game says: haradrim palace: trains haradrim and nazgul or something like that. Think it's a typo in the string

Edited by Allathar, 30 June 2007 - 03:53 PM.

It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#5 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 30 June 2007 - 04:04 PM

lol, I know the Haradrim Palace isn't supposed to research nazgul :p, but the game says: haradrim palace: trains haradrim and nazgul or something like that. Think it's a typo in the string

:p Thank you. I'll go through all of the tooltips for evil men to make sure they are all still correct. I know there are a bunch that are "off" like this. It is left over from Mordor.

#6 Zyzzyva

Zyzzyva
  • Project Team
  • 158 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 01:00 AM

Only thing I really noticed other than what has been said was that no create a hero can be chosen (other than random) as if it were neither good nor evil. I seem to remember Rohan doing this to in 1.04, but I havent tried them with the BETA.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt. We do not. It is wisdom to recognize necessity, when all other courses have been weighed, though as folly it may appear to those who cling to false hope. Well, let folly be our cloak, a veil before the eyes of the Enemy! For he is very wise, and weighs all things to a nicety in the scales of his malice. But the only measure that he knows is desire, desire for power; and so he judges all hearts. Into his heart the thought will not enter that any will refuse it, that having the Ring we may seek to destroy it. If we seek this, we shall put him out of reckoning.
-Gandalf

#7 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 01 July 2007 - 03:08 AM

Only thing I really noticed other than what has been said was that no create a hero can be chosen (other than random) as if it were neither good nor evil. I seem to remember Rohan doing this to in 1.04, but I havent tried them with the BETA.

That is correct. Rohan and Evil Men will not be able to have a CaH - it is a problem with EA only allowing 8 specific factions having CaH. I'm trying to come up with a way to balance that out. Rohan is the only heroes with leadership for heroes, and EvilMen is a faction with two sub-factions that can work together.

I wish there were a way to get the to work together, but I've found nothing so far.

Robert J

#8 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 01 July 2007 - 04:17 AM

wen the easterling barracks gets low on health it freaks out and the building starts to flip around eratically. Evil Men AI doesnt work, neither does the Evil Men inn. Elladan's powers r all available at lvl 1.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 Captain Gimli

Captain Gimli
  • Project Team
  • 76 posts
  • Projects:Lone wolf beta tester

Posted 01 July 2007 - 03:05 PM

This faction is fun but has problems

-button and palantir art
-heroes voices aren't their own
-some of the heroes powers have problems
-Fortress needs an ultimate upgrade and a catapult expansion
-You can only garrison one person in the towers
-Also they need their own powers

Edited by Captain Gimli, 01 July 2007 - 03:06 PM.

Posted Image

#10 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 01 July 2007 - 08:14 PM

It's not fully complete. I'm goig through each of the items listed above to correct them. With each release I'll be adding more of the artwork into the game. He is doing amazing with the artwork and I could not be more pleased.

I might call out for help on getting new voices in game for heroes and units. (They need a variety :) )

The Harad fortress has it's ultimate upgrade, but I am working through the Rhun Fortress. My idea - an upgrade that once purchased allows the building of the dragon's nest in the front two expansion slots. Each one of those can then purchase a single unit. (Similar to the Eagles and the drakes.) Just something I'm working on now.

The only thing I do not have is long-range siege for evil men. I'm slowly figure out the modeling and skinniing, but it will take time. If anyone wishes to donate a siege weapon for the easterling I'd be more than happy ;)

Robert J.

#11 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 03 July 2007 - 06:39 PM

Industry power dosnt recognize Evil Men resource bildings so u cant use it on urself, only non-Evil Men allies. the reinforced walls and sanctuary upgrades show no visible changes 2 the Evil Men fortress, i havnt tried the poison arrows, but the banners work fine. and Dunedain rangers r almost immune 2 haradrim lancers. i mean it takes 5 batts of harad lancers sumthin lik 2 mins 2 kill a batt of dunedain. u can barely c the damage dun by 1 spear.

first of all, Evil Men dont hav a castle so if u do a bfme1/2 revisited map with them u start with 5000 plus watever u had starting resources set at, but u get no castle.
second, Romestamo and Radagast (the 2 blue wizards 4 Evil Men) spawn with no powers, no weapons, no levels (lvl 0), and the same skin as each other.
lastly, the sorcerer sanctuary is called a 'Dock' wen u bild it, and it has 5 slots 4 garrisoning units. the sorcerers com out as multiple wights, and wen u try 2 use ther powers, none of them r sacrificed. the sorcerer sanctuary also dosnt look lik it matches the rest of the MoTE architecture, even tho it does look pretty sweet.

Edited by Dalf32, 03 July 2007 - 09:38 PM.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 Zyzzyva

Zyzzyva
  • Project Team
  • 158 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 07:06 PM

Quick Note: I dont know wheather this extends to every melee unit on Evil men or just Rhun Riders, or wheather its just with forged blades or not, but when behind the building, the shadow image that you can see through the building is a rider wielding a big log!! :lol:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt. We do not. It is wisdom to recognize necessity, when all other courses have been weighed, though as folly it may appear to those who cling to false hope. Well, let folly be our cloak, a veil before the eyes of the Enemy! For he is very wise, and weighs all things to a nicety in the scales of his malice. But the only measure that he knows is desire, desire for power; and so he judges all hearts. Into his heart the thought will not enter that any will refuse it, that having the Ring we may seek to destroy it. If we seek this, we shall put him out of reckoning.
-Gandalf

#13 Zyzzyva

Zyzzyva
  • Project Team
  • 158 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 12:51 AM

One thing I dont think anyones mentioned yet is that when you upgrade rhun riders with heavy armor, they turn the weirdest colour I have ever seen.

Just as a way-in-the-future idea, I think that it would be cool to make the evil men faction a general faction of the corrupted. Men arent the only race split by the good and the bad. The six other tribes than the Longbeards (descendants of Durin, one of the seven fathers of dwarves) are generally greedy idiots (the dwarves appearing in the simarillion weren't longbeards, as the Elder days took place way north and west of mordor-gondor-arnor-mirkwood area. They killed elves just cause they wanted their gold). Even Elves were used by Morgoth in the Elder Days (Maeglos, sister-son of Turgon, lord of Gondolin), even if in some cases they didnt know it (the seven sons of Feanor, espeically Curufin, Caranthir, and Celegorm). Maybe you could make a few units for the tavern called black dwarves. They could be expensive but really powerful, as if Sauron recruited them with promises of wealth, dwarven rings, and get-out-of-dragon-raid-free cards! :lol:

PS: I think the new nazgul system is really cool but it doesnt seem to be avalible to the Nazgul in evil men

Edited by Zyzzyva, 08 July 2007 - 01:26 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

-Gandalf

#14 el kevo

el kevo

title available

• Members
  • 634 posts
  • Projects:Staff at Flameguard's "Game Sector Network"

Posted 08 July 2007 - 04:11 AM

well i spent a little bit but not alot of time on evil men but heres what i got:

Posted Image
that thing that represents where the castle is does not go away

Read both these descriptions and im sure you'll recognize the problem:
Posted Image
Posted Image

No staff, no powers, and he even isn't blue:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:25 AM

@ Zyzzyva: they could be Dourhand dwarves (you'll understand if you've played LotRO)

#16 Zyzzyva

Zyzzyva
  • Project Team
  • 158 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:44 AM

They could indeed. Of course, since tolkien did not create the dourhand tribe, there might be some licenzing blah stuff for using a LotRO creation. But, yeah, that was basically they type of dwarf that I was thinking of. We could also make them say, dwarves of Belegost or Nogrod, or mabye some random tribe we make up. I think once someone (Gandalf when talking to Thorin?) said that their were many tribes to the east.

Edited by Zyzzyva, 08 July 2007 - 11:47 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

-Gandalf

#17 {IP}jimmyman

{IP}jimmyman

The only was one can understand me is by being me.

• Project Team
  • 644 posts
  • Projects:Mapping for RJ_RotWK
  •  freelance mapper/3d modeler in training

Posted 10 July 2007 - 09:37 AM

i have an idea for the easterling walls. maybe make them more similar to the rivendell wals only red adn more.....rhunish..... but thats just an opinion, i was hoping for walls when i played but who cares it didnt matter :thumbsupsmiley: oh and good luck with the hard drive thing, that can be tough :(
Sig by Serated
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image CLICK THE DRAGONS Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#18 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 12:38 PM

from 5.01:

Haradrim Lancers and Haradrim Warriors need to be LOTS STRONGER. They got pwned by 2 wild wargs without doing any dmg. Also, Haradrim archers are available at lvl 2 haradrim palace.

Edited by Allathar, 10 July 2007 - 12:40 PM.

#19 Zyzzyva

Zyzzyva
  • Project Team
  • 158 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 02:33 AM

I know it says to post ideas for the unfinshed heros at the forum, so ..... here I am!

For the names, just what sort of type of name are you looking for? You said that Suladan felt too much like sultan, but its got to be a sort of barbaric name, not something like Bob :p . Maybe something like Tashikar? or perhaps Khuldar? just brainstorming. Tell me what type of name (and its feel - viking, turkish, barbaric, guttural, snakey smoothness, etc) you want and Ill try at it.

For the Mumak Cheif (who doesnt have powers yet), I think its pretty obvoius what Im gona suggest for his lvl 10 power. Mount a more powerful Mumak. Or perhaps, he could mount an existing mumakil, and give it a major boost in strenght. I think he should also be a higher cost hero, seeing as when you get a 1500 cost hero you cant genearally afford Mumakil, which is what he commands. Maybe a Mumakil buff later on, but originally as a foot soldier he could have something offensive along the lines of a cripple strike, and maybe a horse, seeing as a guy running around on foot yelling up commands at gigantic elephants just doesnt ... fit.

One final suggestion/question. What are you planning to do with the Varaigs of Khand? Make them an elite horse group that is neither Haradrim or Easterling? If so, you could move up the Mumak Cheif to a high cost hero and replace him with a Varaig cheiftain, who has a charge power (like theoden) a leadership (like sharku) and a early and late original powers. Maybe make him un-unmountable like sharku, and give him a speed leadership as an early power and a Crushing Cavalry ability that majorly weakens swordsman and archers, and lowers pike damage ( for instance, when the rohirrim charged, the pikemen of mordor got nervous, and so their pikes lost effectiveness as they got out of positions.

Just more Ideas from Zyzzyva
Posted Image

Posted Image

-Gandalf

#20 Ergopad

Ergopad
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 02:46 AM

Names: Sulnonda (wind of death), Gorgasul (fearwind), Erdarochon (desertrider), Erdasul (desertwind) or Daeroncuar (Great Archer) as my two christian names translated to elvish. Btw, for example Gandalf (and some other parts of LotR) is based on Väinämöinen in Kalevala (finnish mythology) and all the names, like Saruman, is pronounced like we finns do. :p And elvish language is somewhat based on finnish...

Mumak chief's powers:

lvl 0 "Horn of Harad" buff ability.

lvl 2 "Throw Spear" like eowyn's ability.

lvl 6 "Desert Wind" Mumak leadership, +speed.

lvl 10 "Grand Mumak" summon's a great mumak (bigger size). Like zyzzyva suggested.

Edited by Ergopad, 12 July 2007 - 11:31 AM.

Posted Image
The Path of The Avatar

Heroes never die
...As long as they are remembered.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users