Angmar

• Please log in to reply
1109 replies to this topic

#21 Jepa

Jepa
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 12:13 AM

I didn´t notice any bigger change for angmar accept from the wolf army and trolls, but I think angmar have to few heroes should be great with some more, and maybe some more troops? some spear men? I don´t like hill trolls they are slow and worthless.

first of all, pikemen rn't supposed 2 b especially fast anyways, and they hav thrall master pikes which r faster. hill trolls hav tons of health 4 pikes 2.
angmar has a lot of units alredy, they r pretty much on par with all except evil men, who hav tons and tons of units.
angmar cant get any more heros unless sum1 thinks of sum, i mean u cant just mak stuff up, so its gotta hav sum realistic basis.

I your right I forgot them, but you can´t upgrade them with armor or things like that, but som new heroes should be fine ;)

#22 Lord_Denethor

Lord_Denethor
  • Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 05:44 AM

Maybe another Troll Hero? Or a Dragon, Angmar is in the frozen north why not give them a dragon? Oh who cares if isnt Tolkienish, Its about gameplay.
"Hail Denethor, Son of Ecthelion, Lord and Steward of Gondor!"-Gandalf the White

"The Rule of Gondor is mine, and no others!!" -Denethor II, Lord and Steward of Gondor

#23 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  crazy coder

Posted 28 July 2007 - 06:19 AM

I'm putting together a group of heroes that I might be pulling from.

Among the list:
Ren - (Another Nazgul and following the lore he was in Angmar with the Witch-king)
Scatha - Dragon of Middle-earth. Might be added similar to treebeard.
Dark Ranger Hero - See Jepa's post - along those lines

Now one thing that has been suggested that I would love if I could get a modeller to help me out on it. I would to get a ranged hero similar to Karsh. That would be great.

Not all of the above will be added, but this is part of the group I'm looking at.

Robert J.

#24 dojob

dojob

AoW+DoW ftw

• Project Team
  • 1,304 posts
  • Projects:Beta testing for WoA, RJ, and KotW
  •  Cav Rusher + Beta Tester

Posted 28 July 2007 - 08:01 PM

hill trolls' spears get pink/purple boxes on them when u get dark iron blades.
Some helpful info on RotWK replays
Game Replays Forums; I am Panda Bear™
Awesome sig by TravTech :D PANDA POWER!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And please add Bear-mans

#25 dojob

dojob

AoW+DoW ftw

• Project Team
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 03:11 PM

2 things:

1: Remove wights from the inn and replace them with some kind of Rhudaur horde or maybe Wildmen of Dunland?

2: new thrall unit idea; a bunch of Rhudaur guys with torches. They'd be weak against most units but effective against buildings and siege units.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And please add Bear-mans

#26 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 29 July 2007 - 04:39 PM

i lik the new thrall master idea, altho i dont no if thers any space left on the palantir 4 another unit...? does any1 no if thers another slot, i cant remember.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#27 Jepa

Jepa
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 04:56 PM

Take my hero ;) he would be cool :lol: a also like the tharll master idea.

Edited by Jepa, 29 July 2007 - 05:00 PM.

#28 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 29 July 2007 - 06:05 PM

axe throwers should not be able to throw an axe as far as anyone else can shoot an arrow. also, i found them a bit op.

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#29 dojob

dojob

AoW+DoW ftw

• Project Team
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 06:06 PM

And increase their price
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And please add Bear-mans

#30 Lord_Denethor

Lord_Denethor
  • Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 06:13 PM

I think removing the Thrall Masters would be a good idea...I really think they are pointless. Perhaps you could just get rid of them and add the units it made to the buildings. Like the Wolf Riders would go to the Den, and then you could make a Rhudaur Barracks from some of the buildings seen in the campaign and the orcs could be put in the Hall of Angmar or whatever its called. Could be hard to do but i really never like the Thrall Masters. Just a thought.
"Hail Denethor, Son of Ecthelion, Lord and Steward of Gondor!"-Gandalf the White

"The Rule of Gondor is mine, and no others!!" -Denethor II, Lord and Steward of Gondor

#31 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 29 July 2007 - 06:15 PM

Nay, that would make the faction like any other faction. The thrall masters were one of the few original things EA made and I like them - so they should stay.
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#32 Jepa

Jepa
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 07:19 PM

I´m with you Lord_Denethor, make a new Rhudaur Barrack. And put the wolfrider to the den, and also do so you can upgrade them with armor ans stuff like that

Edited by Jepa, 29 July 2007 - 07:21 PM.

#33 dojob

dojob

AoW+DoW ftw

• Project Team
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 07:22 PM

That wouldn't be unique and I like the thrall system. It sets Angmar apart
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And please add Bear-mans

#34 Vithar-133

Vithar-133

Violent Gandhi

• Project Team
  • 1,975 posts
  • Projects:Existing
  •  It's not your skill, boys. It's your will. Ooh-rah!

Posted 29 July 2007 - 08:23 PM

I concur Nu8, and everyone else who agrees with the Thrall system, it is actually a very good idea, seeing as no other faction has a likewise unit, why get rid of them?

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#35 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 12:21 AM

def keep the thrall masters, they r unique and r wat makes angmar easily the most unique faction.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#36 Lord_Denethor

Lord_Denethor
  • Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 10:51 PM

Yeah i spose they are. I rarely play Angmar, but lately ive been fooling around with them, and i guess they are not so bad.

#37 Spointz2020

Spointz2020
  • Members
  • 153 posts
  • Projects:RJ-Rotwk Beta Tester

Posted 03 August 2007 - 01:29 PM

Okay several things that i noted about Angmar today in a 3 (3 med AI's) vs 2 (Me and my med AI) in Belfalas - bfme 1 revisited version...

1) The Temple of Twilight ISN'T BUILDABLE AT ALL NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO AND NO MATTER WHERE U ARE!!!

2) Build area seems too dense, and small to really get an appropriate base and army going

3) can only build maxmum of like 4 proper RB's, cuz of small room in Castle

4) When building RB's, the Radius/ring indicates it should be buildable anywher inside castle as well as in a larger circle just a bit bigger than the castle circumfrence. However, NO building is buildable outside the catle walls AT ALL even RB's...

5) Trebutchet is too slow and weak as everyone noted but its biggest weakness is that it takes 6-9 seconds of reload.... -_-

6) Karsh is WAY WAY WAY WAY OVER THE TOP OP!!!!!!!!!!!! He Virtually Crippled an entire Gondor base all on his own at lvl 5 (e.g. he destroyed all buildings in base cept for a farm, and took away a fourth of the fortresses hp, while in total amount of men he slaughtered he had 19 batts :lol: which is just outrageous considering he's only a 2000 resource costing hero. Not to mention his passive ability later on to constantly give fear to enemies, and dmg them slowly can prove destructive enough on its own) Of course, he also lvled relatively quickly having to kill only few batallions to soar up to 5 (before the attack on gondor's base) Also it seems that combining his Wight attribute of draining HP along with the hero element virtually renders him invulnerable to hordes and hordes of Basic units (and if at a high enough lvl even elites :) ) no matter how numerous they are. In the process of slaughtering 7 batallions yet again separetely from the fortress assault, he still had full HP ( I SWEAR TO GOD LITERALLY FULL HP!!! UNTOUCHED!) after he killed all of them, while receiving blows from 3 gondor archer batallions and 2 pikes, and 2 soldiers... o actually he also got dmged one milibar (the amount of dmg that reduces the smallest part of his hp bar) when 3 batallions of knights charged him, but still healed up fully after destroying a few guyz
-_- I say raise his cost to 2500 AND Reduce his hp moderately and attack slightly. Even though it sometimes seems OP his abilities shouldn't be touched. Also he's being so slow is a good thing considering he would totally rape everything if he had faster speed.

7) Also it's not really a significant issue, but it annoys me how when units come out of my production buildings and the building is close to the fort (as is always the case, due to new base /castle system) they can be visible - standing in the middle of the open fortress area!! So it was funny to have a few trolls just standing right ther inside my Angmar fort :sad2:

8) I know u obviously know it, but do u have any plans to change the castle walls for angmar to the Thicker type walls that u have for other factions? I mean the dwarves originally didn't have nething like that, but u managed to change Gondor version. So is there any way that you can make the Angmar wall thick? (its probably impossible, but still Angmar needs it too!)

9) unless i was mistaken, it seemed to me like all my RB's produced same amount of resources all the time, at first 15's, but then later on all of em produced 14 constantly. And this is particularly strange considering i accidentally made some RB's closer to each other while others farther and slighly more isolated - sensibly providing them more production capability, but it didn't work :(

P.s. - all of the reports i have here come from my playing that single match that i specifically described at top of my post :lol:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#38 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 06:42 PM

first of all, u can bild resource bildins outside the base, bc i hav dun it b4! mak sure ur gates r open (so ur bilders can get out), otherwise it will show up as tho u cant hild anythin. (bilders cant phase thru walls!)

secondly, kharsh is not 2 strong, he is not that hard 2 kill. 1 powerful hero can do it. if not a couple archers w/ sum soldiers 2 keep im occupied. the ai was jsut far 2 stupid 2 effectively counter im. he dosnt actually hav that much hp, if u get im in a large group of enemy units (if thers sum archers) he can die pretty quickly. and if the fortress was attacking kharsh he shuldnt hav lasted that long. so i think ur experience was a fluke and u got lucky with an especially dumb ai.

and the angmar castle shuld not b made into a thick-walled version bc they r an evil faction, and they wuld not hav had large walls lik that. its not ther style, and they r alredy at a great advantage compared 2 all of the other evil factions; which hav no walls at all. not 2 mention the fact that they hav the most room 2 bild defensive structures of all the factions.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#39 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:43 PM

2) Build area seems too dense, and small to really get an appropriate base and army going

3) can only build maxmum of like 4 proper RB's, cuz of small room in Castle

as dalf said, you can build outside.

6) Karsh is WAY WAY WAY WAY OVER THE TOP OP!!!!!!!!!!!! He Virtually Crippled an entire Gondor base all on his own at lvl 5 (e.g. he destroyed all buildings in base cept for a farm, and took away a fourth of the fortresses hp, while in total amount of men he slaughtered he had 19 batts :) which is just outrageous considering he's only a 2000 resource costing hero. Not to mention his passive ability later on to constantly give fear to enemies, and dmg them slowly can prove destructive enough on its own) Of course, he also lvled relatively quickly having to kill only few batallions to soar up to 5 (before the attack on gondor's base) Also it seems that combining his Wight attribute of draining HP along with the hero element virtually renders him invulnerable to hordes and hordes of Basic units (and if at a high enough lvl even elites :cool: ) no matter how numerous they are. In the process of slaughtering 7 batallions yet again separetely from the fortress assault, he still had full HP ( I SWEAR TO GOD LITERALLY FULL HP!!! UNTOUCHED!) after he killed all of them, while receiving blows from 3 gondor archer batallions and 2 pikes, and 2 soldiers... o actually he also got dmged one milibar (the amount of dmg that reduces the smallest part of his hp bar) when 3 batallions of knights charged him, but still healed up fully after destroying a few guyz
-_- I say raise his cost to 2500 AND Reduce his hp moderately and attack slightly. Even though it sometimes seems OP his abilities shouldn't be touched. Also he's being so slow is a good thing considering he would totally rape everything if he had faster speed.

i completely agree

8) I know u obviously know it, but do u have any plans to change the castle walls for angmar to the Thicker type walls that u have for other factions? I mean the dwarves originally didn't have nething like that, but u managed to change Gondor version. So is there any way that you can make the Angmar wall thick? (its probably impossible, but still Angmar needs it too!)

theyre not getting it, because angmar is evil and they wont have walkable walls. for now, theyre the only evil faction to even have walls

9) unless i was mistaken, it seemed to me like all my RB's produced same amount of resources all the time, at first 15's, but then later on all of em produced 14 constantly. And this is particularly strange considering i accidentally made some RB's closer to each other while others farther and slighly more isolated - sensibly providing them more production capability, but it didn't work :(

i think you get a penalty for building more.

secondly, kharsh is not 2 strong, he is not that hard 2 kill. 1 powerful hero can do it. if not a couple archers w/ sum soldiers 2 keep im occupied. the ai was jsut far 2 stupid 2 effectively counter im. he dosnt actually hav that much hp, if u get im in a large group of enemy units (if thers sum archers) he can die pretty quickly. and if the fortress was attacking kharsh he shuldnt hav lasted that long. so i think ur experience was a fluke and u got lucky with an especially dumb ai.

wth? are u mad or something? have you ever played vs a human angmar? me and nu8(dojob) constantly play angmar vs isen games, an theres is no way i can ever kill kharsh! chill soul can wipe out enter armies, he kills lurtz 1v1, and the only way to kill him to to cripple (which is now at lvl for) run with ur army to distance so chill soul doesnt work, and blast him with arrows, but if hes high enough lvl he can still telly away! fire is practically only effective thing vs him, and it only comes at lvl 3 armory.

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#40 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 04:19 AM

really? i never had much of a problem killin im. i mean he wuld tak out a bunch of units, but not THAT many. mayb iv just been gettin lucky...
but no im not mad

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users