• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#1 FRA

FRA
  • Project Team
  • 104 posts
  • Projects:"LGDA 6: The attack from Morgul","LGDA: The4Ages", "KOTW", "LGDA7"

Posted 30 June 2007 - 03:50 PM

Well, a few days ago ive tested the War of the East mod, and it gives me some ideas to make a personal mod. At beginning it was easy and single, but once started mod becomes to be bigger than my original idea.
This mods modify Angmar Faction to be the new Minas Morgul faction. I think Angmar buildings are perfect to fit with Morgul build style, so we reeskin them and start the job.
Morgoth (old teammate and author of T4A mod) is workin with me as i need him to make various things i havent idea :p Thanks Morgoth, youre the best :evgr:

The mod is based on WOTE mod. Weve added and changed several units and heroes to try the mod to be most loyal posible to Tolkien´s books.
Minas Morgul units (till now)are: Orcs, BlackUruks, Wraiths, wargs, spiders, Trolls, OlogHais and Siege. We must include archers and pikemen, but till not sure about what speceify units. Any idea?
And heroes are: BlackRiders, WitchKing, 2Naz on FB, Gothmog, Shelob
Some powers (from Fortress and Spellbook)will be changed too.

And there several changes in other the factions as: Balrog hero for Goblins, Mollock new hero in Mordor, Ugluk in Isengard, warg goblin riders, Legolas and Gimli with Motw faction and other things.

If someone wants to be a tester to help us with basic ballances, or if you have some nice idea about units and so, please tell us :p

Goin to work. See u

#2 Eonwe

Eonwe

title available

• Project Team
  • 534 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 09:49 PM

Yes, I like it when the balrog is a hero for the goblins.

#3 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  • Projects:Turned to Writing
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 01 July 2007 - 04:30 PM

i don't see the connection between Minas Morgul and spiders + Wargs.
why do you add them to your faction??

and Shelob actually doesn't listen to orders, even Sauron couldn't control her. Why EA put it in the game as a controllable hero is unknown to me.

perhaps an idea for the archers = Morgul Orc archers :p . no really, in Osgiliath there were orc archers from Morgul. make them a bit more Morgul like with heavier armor and it should fit. Same for Orc pikeman. just make them Morgul Orc pikemen
If the above post offended you in any way,
please take note that, until further notice, I don't care, so get lost.

#4 FRA

FRA
  • Project Team
  • 104 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 07:25 PM

Thank you very much Taralom :p
Youre right about Shelob and spider riders.
Shelob with Goblins was something....well, theres no words...
In order to dont "erase" Shelob, we think that she only could be in Mordor or Morgul. Shelob lives near Morgul and he joins Sauron once, so thats the only way to include it. This way, or include her as speelbook power, thats other chance.
Somethin similar with spider riders, really crazy character. Maybe we must erase them, is just the samething, we dont want to erase workin model from our mod, but...
Wargs were in Mordor. Wargs attacked Helm Deeps with Isengard forces, but too Minas Tirith with Mordor army. Ive think about include them in Morgul cuz Mordor has a lot of stuff now.

Other doubt for me was about Black uruks and "black orcs" as im not sure about include black uruks just in morgul, mordor, or both. And same with black orcs that could be the Morgul or Morannon orcs, you know what i mean?
Please, continue postin as seems you know well what your talkin about :p
Cheers

#5 Eonwe

Eonwe

title available

• Project Team
  • 534 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 07:28 PM

I think Wargs would fit, there was one in the movie (Gothmog's). Also there was one in the first level. (Movie)

Edited by Lord of the Grunts, 01 July 2007 - 07:28 PM.

#6 FRA

FRA
  • Project Team
  • 104 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 09:04 PM

Yep Lord, im with you.
Anyway, im not sure if makin wargs as Morgul cavalry or look for other kind of unit...
Ive thinked in werewolves too. I know they werent involved in the war of the ring, but they till exist these days, just im not sure if they were bad or good guys in the Third Age.
Maybe could i use Werewolves the same way DA cavalry for Men?
Mmmm, too many doubts ^^

#7 Eonwe

Eonwe

title available

• Project Team
  • 534 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 10:52 PM

I think Werewolves, and vampires were dead, but I am unsure...

#8 FRA

FRA
  • Project Team
  • 104 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 10:59 PM

Donno about vampires, but im sure there still were werewolves.
When Sauron was defeated in the Thor in gaurot tower, werewolves wasnt slayed, just they start to be free and not under Sauron controls.
In fact, i think (im not sure)there were werewolves followin Frodo and Trancos at the beginning of the Frodo travel to Mordor.

#9 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 02 July 2007 - 08:51 AM

Youre right about Shelob and spider riders.
Shelob with Goblins was something....well, theres no words...
In order to dont "erase" Shelob, we think that she only could be in Mordor or Morgul. Shelob lives near Morgul and he joins Sauron once, so thats the only way to include it. This way, or include her as speelbook power, thats other chance.

you said that she (it's not a male giant spider) is once controlled by sauron. well the only thing i know is that Sauron couldn't control her and that's why he once in a while sends an orc in her cave so she won't attack his forces in Morgul or the tower whose name i've forgotten ;)

Somethin similar with spider riders, really crazy character. Maybe we must erase them, is just the samething, we dont want to erase workin model from our mod, but...

goblins had absolutely nothing to do with spiders. so actually it should be wolf riders and the small spiders which they can create must be wolves. altough there's nothing i can think of where they can fit. so leave them for the time being.

Wargs were in Mordor. Wargs attacked Helm Deeps with Isengard forces, but too Minas Tirith with Mordor army. Ive think about include them in Morgul cuz Mordor has a lot of stuff now.

Mordor can't upgrade all of it's units. It's a attacking faction. it needs to have those lots of units. unless you think you can give them all heavy armor. but that would spoil the fun of playing with that faction

Other doubt for me was about Black uruks and "black orcs" as im not sure about include black uruks just in morgul, mordor, or both. And same with black orcs that could be the Morgul or Morannon orcs, you know what i mean?

though one, i believe they were in Mordor only. Morgul didn't need / have any uruk's because they had loads of Morgul orcs. i haven't ever heard of Black orcs though. i'll have to check some sites to find out if they actually do exist.

#10 IthronAiwendil

IthronAiwendil

Retired modder

• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts
  • Projects:None
  •  Coder, skinner, modeler, art guy

Posted 02 July 2007 - 08:52 AM

Werewolves were mentioned in the Fellowship of the Ring I think...

#11 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 02 July 2007 - 09:03 AM

uhm, normal wolves followed the fellowship to moria... I don't recall any werewolves in that book... (I just started to read LOTR again though, and I skipped the '1st' book, cause it's boring, and now I'm at Lothlorien in the '2nd' book.... but still, I haven't read about werewolves ;))

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#12 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 02 July 2007 - 09:48 AM

yeah, normal wolves followed the Fellowship. i've checked what the Encyclopedia of Arda sais about werewolves, and it sais that there were Werewolves when Morgoth lived at an isle somewhere.

#13 FRA

FRA
  • Project Team
  • 104 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 11:23 AM

Yes, Lycanthrope isle or so. There was a sorcery Tower, Tol In Gauroth i think. That place was fully of werewolves, the Sauron´s army then.
At last, Sauron was defeated and werewolves puttin in freedom.
The thing is i think that werewolves werent bad guys again, but yeah there were werewolves in the third age.
About Shelob, yes, youre totally rigth m8. Maybe we must delete Shelob as hero or includ her as Spellbook power or nothing :p
About BlackUruks and orcs, i think ill include finally Balck Uruks in Mordor´s army and the Black Orcs to be the Morgul orcs.
You talked about wolf riders in goblin faction, youre sure about wolves? i think goblins rides wargs.
In order to replace spider and spider riders in Goblin faction, ive thinked in put white wargs and goblin warg riders.
I was thinkin in Marauders too. I think there were Half Trolls in Harad, but not with Goblins...What about resize Marauders to look like Goblins with pikes?
Seing the changes a mod can include, i cant understand the work from EA guys...they had tons of characters and they just created new ones lol

Edited by FRA, 02 July 2007 - 11:26 AM.

#14 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 02 July 2007 - 12:51 PM

About Shelob, yes, youre totally rigth m8. Maybe we must delete Shelob as hero or includ her as Spellbook power or nothing :lol:

good idea :p

You talked about wolf riders in goblin faction, youre sure about wolves? i think goblins rides wargs.
In order to replace spider and spider riders in Goblin faction, ive thinked in put white wargs and goblin warg riders.

uuhm, yes because Gandalf burned the leader of the wolves in the hobbit and those were the allies of the goblins. (if someone knows it better than me, please correct it.)

I was thinkin in Marauders too. I think there were Half Trolls in Harad, but not with Goblins...What about resize Marauders to look like Goblins with pikes?

look at the site for models of thedeadplayer. he's having goblins pikes. just credit him than.

Seing the changes a mod can include, i cant understand the work from EA guys...they had tons of characters and they just created new ones lol

quoted for the truth

#15 FRA

FRA
  • Project Team
  • 104 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 08:34 PM

Ok, then you think is better to put wolves and wolves riders?
Well, it could make a difference about isengard and the others :p
Anyway, werent White Wargs fightin in the Shire after the ring was destroyed? Werent they with Saruman and goblins there?
Lol im kinda confussed with it ^^ i must study more xD

Ill take a look for gobin pikes to include them, and maybe i rename and resize sword marauders into Black uruk from Moria, as there were black uruks, im sure about it ^^

3rd edit lol
One thing about Sauron...is supposed Sauron had a physical form in the war of the Ring, but not so strong as in his old times.
Im not sure about it, but i think ive read it somewhere. Anyone knows something about it? If thats real, maybe Sauron could be added to Mordor as hero, just not so powerful, in a way kinda the WitchKing i think.
The only problem here, is if you play with Ring Heroes...But well, maybe after get the ring you can buy a kind of upgrade to make Sauron stronger....mmmm ^^ Any comments?

Edited by FRA, 02 July 2007 - 08:44 PM.

#16 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 02 July 2007 - 08:42 PM

well, just note: it's your mod. you must decide what to do. i'm just telling what i think and know

#17 FRA

FRA
  • Project Team
  • 104 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 10:42 PM

And i apreciate it Taralom. I just want to make the mod the most loyal possible to Tolkien´s books :p
Well, and now, the final mod list(though somethings could be modified)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//MINAS MORGUL\\:
-----------------------------------
-FORTRESS: Angmar fortress modified(model and skin) to be Minas Morgul fortress
-Fortress Upgrades: If after modified original Angmar model, spires doesnt work properly, we could change it by Bats.
Frozen arrows will be fire arrows.
IceWall upgrade will be Morgul Sorcery(like Mordor).
Final upgrade in Angmar fortress is an ice attack, so maybe we change it for the Isengard power or try to make a effect of fear(like Mordor statues) or something similar.

HEROES:
Gothmog, WitchKing, Nazguls
-Add "Its My Hour" power to WK(Gothmogtheorc mods)
-Add siege leadership to Gothmog.

UNITS:
-Morgul orcs(pikes, archers and swords) in "King´s Hall"
-Wargs and OlogHais in "beasts Den". Maybe we add werewolves as Elite units
-Wraiths and BlackRiders? in "Souls hole"
-Catapults, rams and upgrades in "Iron Morgul Forge"

POWERS:
-Angmar powers. Ice powers will be changed by other evil powers from Mordor, Iseng or Gobs
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

//MORDOR\\:
-----------------------
HEROES:
MoS, Suladan, Feaunir, Gorbag, Mollock, Khamul(Nazgul)

NEW UNITS:
-BlackUruks, in place of BlackOrcs(now Morgul orcs) Added Orc Overseer.
-Special unit: Mahud: Stronger mumak with leadership
-HalfTrolls from Harad: pike haltrolls in Harad buildin with harads and corsairs
-Easterlings, Rhun soldiers and Dark Easterlings, in Rhun building
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

//GOBLINS\\:
-----------------------
HEROES:
King Goblin, Azog, Worm, Balrog
-Azog will summon Kraken when he reaches lv10.

UNITS:
-Riders and spider riders will be replaced by wolves and wolfriders.
-GoblinPikes(in place of Marauders) Moria Black uruks(really the Swords Halftrolls, but renamed).
-Balcherot archers and Wraiths in "Drak Tent"

//ISENGARD\\:
-----------------------
HEROES:
Saruman, Lurtz, Ugluk, Sharku, Wormtogue

UNITS:
-Uruks raiders(light and faster uruks, cheaper and weaker) and Orc Overser in UrukPit
-WildMen and AxeThrowers of Dunedan, HalfOrc Spearmen and Wulf in Clan building

//MEN\\:
-----------------------
HEROES:
Gandalf, Aragorn, Gimli, Legolas, Theoden, Eomer, Eowyn, Faramir, Boromir

UNITS:
-Rohan pikemen, peasants and Gameling in Rohan building. Rohirrim cavalry could be added here too.
-AxeThrowers: if Rohirrim continues in stables, then theyll go in Rohan building, if not, in gondor barracks
-Dunedain: can toggle sword/bow (Rohan or Archers building)

//ELVES\\:
-----------------------
HEROES:
Celeborn, Thranduil, Arwen, Glorfindel, Elrond, Haldir

UNITS:
-Ghaladrim warrios and Cuvenien pikemen in new building.
-Dorwinion soldiers added to elven barracks.
-Far Shot could be added to Noldor warriors.
-Entings with Barbol and Ents in Entmoot

//DWARVES\\:
-----------------------
HEROES:
Thorin, Gloin, Dain, GrimBeorn, Radagast, Rey Bramt

UNITS:
-Hobbit cavalry and Bilbo in Hobitton building
-Ered Luin Sentries added to Warriors Hall
-Miner added to Forge(repair structures)

NOTES:
Though this are the planes for the mod, something could change.
This mod is based on War of the East mod,hosted here in Revora. Special thanks to IthronAiwendil and his team for donations :)

Now, some possible ideas to be included in the final version:
-Nazguls: Actually there are 5 mounted in horse(a batallion)and the other 4 (WK included)able to mount FellBeasts.
A different option is to make Nazguls buildables as individual heroes, ables to mount on horse and, after buy an upgrade, allow him to mount the FellBeasts.
-Sauron could be a hero in Mordor, in order to replace WK there.
-Shelob could be added as a specialpower from spellbook or completely removed.

Mod Progress: 60-70%

Well, here you have the Mod list, feel you free to coment anything :p

#18 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 02 July 2007 - 10:45 PM

-Add "Its My Hour" power to WK(Gothmogtheorc mods)

Uhm, is that suppose to mean something, or is it just so that we know it does the same thing? :p

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#19 FRA

FRA
  • Project Team
  • 104 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 11:15 PM

LOL is just to say ill add this power to WitchKing, originally coded by GothmogtheOrc, the codder ^^

#20 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 03 July 2007 - 07:56 AM

-Dunedain: can toggle sword/bow (Rohan or Archers building)

put them in the archery range since they had nothing to do with Rohan

-Hobbit cavalry and Bilbo in Hobitton building

you do realise that when bilbo is recruited in another building than the citadel, and he dies he will start at level 1?? unless you change the starting level to 10

-Sauron could be a hero in Mordor, in order to replace WK there.

Sauron is way overpowered to be a real hero. so are you deleting some of his powers than??

-Shelob could be added as a specialpower from spellbook or completely removed.

Delete one of the few things EA did do good?? no way :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users