MB's ideas for WotE

• Please log in to reply
209 replies to this topic

#181 lacrossman930

lacrossman930

Lacrosse is the gift of God! 0-----]::::::::::::>

• Project Team
  • 257 posts
  • Projects:Wars of the East mapper/ Istari Productions mapper/Realm Forger/Inheritence mod mapper
  •  Mapper,map.ini,modeling,leaning skinning

Posted 13 December 2007 - 09:19 PM

:sad:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#182 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  • Projects:Wars of the East mod
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 14 December 2007 - 06:54 AM

Note to self: "Next time when you ask for something, make yourself clear and say what you want EXACTLY."

Fixing: send CONSTRUCTIVE comments please :)

(PS: but thanks anyway :) )
Posted Image
---
"Well, I can't argue with that - modding IS hard. But what would have become of games like Starcraft, Warcraft 3, Dungeon Siege, Half-Life 1-2, Neverwinter Nights and BfME 1-2 if we, modders, weren't there ? They would have long been forgotten. Modding is hard, but it's an honorable thing." - MorrisB

#183 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 15 December 2007 - 03:19 PM

No comments ? Well, in that case...

--------------------------------------------------------
- Serpent Guard -

Side: Evil Men

Strenghts: strong against swordsmen, archers and siege engines

Weaknesses: weak against pikemen

Appearence: Haradrim and Easterling warriors, clad in golden-coloured metal armor, riding atop great war horses, carrying lances. On their lances, there's a flag on which the symbol of a golden serpent can be seen. The Haradrim ride upon brown horses and black "masks" cover their faces, while the Easterlings wear their traditional helmets and ride on grey horses.

Description: "The Golden Serpent is one of the most ancient symbols which can be found either in Haradrim or Easterling culture. It is a symbol of alliance between two factions, in that case, the evil men of the East and South. When Rhun and Harad forged an alliance against the Free Realms of the East and Gondor, a new caste of warriors had arisen, known as the Serpent Guard. The Serpent Guard is formed by the greatest champions Rhun and Harad have at their disposal. With the symbol of the Golden Serpent on their banners, this group is a living symbol of complete union between the realms of Rhun and Harad, a message towards the West that Sauron's mannish allies are divided no longer."

Abilities:

Golden Glory - require level 5; the Serpent Guard receives the ability to slowly regenerate their wounds, and allied heroes gain +50% armor near the Serpent Guard; passive

Upgrades: Banner Carrier, Forged Blades

In-game Use: the Serpent Guard is a powerful late-game cavalry battalion for Evil Men. Their services come at a very high cost, plus their numbers are quite small - only 6 riders per battalion (plus Banner Carrier), but they can overcome almost any challenge due to their superior skills and equipment. To make it short: they are like the Snow Trolls at Angmar :p

NOTE: I dunno how you feel about it, but I personally never considered the Wainrider or the Oliphaunt Horde as "cavalry", but rather as monsters. Thus, I often had a feeling that something is missing...

What do you think about this one ?
Posted Image
---
"Well, I can't argue with that - modding IS hard. But what would have become of games like Starcraft, Warcraft 3, Dungeon Siege, Half-Life 1-2, Neverwinter Nights and BfME 1-2 if we, modders, weren't there ? They would have long been forgotten. Modding is hard, but it's an honorable thing." - MorrisB

#184 lacrossman930

lacrossman930

• Project Team
  • 257 posts
  • Projects:Wars of the East mapper/ Istari Productions mapper/Realm Forger/Inheritence mod mapper

Posted 15 December 2007 - 07:51 PM

I think ive seen the idea somewhere before? mabey idk but anywho really nice! :p
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#185 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 15 December 2007 - 09:33 PM

I wouldn't be suprised if you've seen it before. Actually, quite a few mods I know have "Serpent Guard" unit (or something similar). The only major difference between the "often-used-version" and my version is that while most of the time people connect the Serpent Guard unit to a certain nation (usually, Harad), my own Serpent Guard is a link between two nations, having both Haradrim and Easterling warriors within the same battalion. This idea came from the fact that in WotE, Harad and Rhun aren't seperate, but rather they form ONE faction (Evil Men) - along with Umbar and Khand.
Posted Image
---

#186 IthronAiwendil

IthronAiwendil

Retired modder

• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts
  • Projects:None
  •  Coder, skinner, modeler, art guy

Posted 16 December 2007 - 10:00 AM

I like the Serpent Guard, as well as the Harondor guys... I wish someone would make some good models/skins for them, since I doubt that I can make them for the next beta (so much coding todo still)... But MB, your ideas are getting better all the time, the only bad thing is that I may not be able to implement all of them!

#187 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 16 December 2007 - 12:02 PM

Maybe you could ask Elendil (if he has the time) or Caluadan (dunno if he's still focusing on WotE stuff) ?

But keep in mind that you don't HAVE to implement them as soon as possible, it's perfectly fine for me if they would be implemented in version after the next Beta (or even after that) :rolleyes:

But thanks :grin:
Posted Image
---

#188 Puppeteer

Puppeteer

title available

• Global Moderators
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Faute de Mieux
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Magazine Staff/Global Moderator

Posted 16 December 2007 - 12:17 PM

though a highly used name, that's a good idea for cavalry :rolleyes:

#189 Elendil the High

Elendil the High

High King of Dunédain

• Project Team
  • 439 posts
  • Projects:Coding and Idea making for Wars of the East mod
  •  Coder, Skinner and Loremaster

Posted 16 December 2007 - 12:55 PM

I only have time to skin or code in the Holidays, which starts on Thursday on my school, but i would gladly make them for you.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Wars of the East is the Best

#190 IthronAiwendil

IthronAiwendil

Retired modder

• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 02:37 PM

Elendil, I haven't seen a single skin made by you yet, but I hope I will soon :rolleyes: I'd love it if you could help me with the large amounts of skins that WotE needs...

About the next release, it's probably going to be a public beta this time, and it will include all the stuff I can make before January (which means, it shoud be put before 2008). It could have some hero redesigns etc., but that depends on our secondary coders.

Kinda off-topic, but I thought that some of you might want to know about the release...

#191 lacrossman930

lacrossman930

• Project Team
  • 257 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 03:51 AM

Im learning skining/ modeling and if you ever fix this damned bug i can help with the campain
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#192 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 29 December 2007 - 03:13 PM

...and once more, MB comes back with new ideas :good:

Two units this time, both for MotW - Druedain Warriors and Pukel-Man ! See details below:

- Druedain Warriors -

Side: Men of the West (special Inn unit)

Strenghts: effective against spearmen, swordsmen and siege engines

Weaknesses: weak against archers and cavalry

Appearence: Druedain people wearing animal leathers as clothes, holding spears and clubs.

Description: "The mystical and ancient people of the Druadan Forest, the Druedain are amongst the most primitive nations of mankind in Middle-Earth. While being barbaric and cruel, there are a few things that they have in common with the more advanced cultures of men: the noble way of fighting, the care for their people, and the ancient hatred towards the orcs. During the late Third Age, the Druedain people, led by Ghan-Buri-Ghan also took part in the War of the Ring, leading the army of Theoden trough their forest, allowing them to lend a hand to Minas Tirith just in good time. Several warbands of the Druedain also set off to help Gondor's cause, in hope of protecting their people from being overrun by Mordor's orcish rabbles. While not being so numerous nor well-equipped or trained like the fighters of Gondor or Rohan, the sheer force and rage of the Druedain warriors often proves to be more than enough to break trough the formations of Mordor's orcs."

Special Abilities:

Forest Walk - the Druedain Warriors are stealthed near trees, even when moving.

Ancient Hatred - the Druedain Warriors receive +50% damage when fighting Orc-type units (including Uruk-hai orcs and Orc heroes).

Construct Pukel-Man - requires level 5; the Druedain Warriors are able to summon a special building, the Tribal Totem, which is protected by a Pukel-Man.

Upgrades: Banner Carrier, Forest Herbs*

*basic upgrade (like "Torches" at Wildmen of Dunland): once upgraded, the Druedain Warriors gain the ability to slowly regenerate their wounds.

In-game Use: the Druedain Warriors are special late-game melee units. While they are vulnerable to cavalry charges and their armor is very low, their damage is extremly high. Furthermore, the Druedain Warriors possess immense amount of health, making them quite endurant. Their "Construct Pukel-Man" ability can come handy as well, because it immediately summons a special building, along with a tough guardian unit.

NOTE: even since Ithron showed me Ghan-Buri-Ghan in game, I was thinking about these guys. Hey, if we have a wild-man chieftain as MotW Commander Unit, then it can't get any worse, can it...?

- Pukel-Man -

Side: Men of the West (special summoned unit)

Strengths: very resistant to arrow attacks, strong against every regular unit type

Weaknesses: weak against monsters and siege engines

Appearence: a big, human-like statue made of stone.

Description: "Constructed by the Druedain and awakened by them, these grotesque statues are the sleepless sentries of the Druedain Forest. Given life by Middle-Earth's natural magics and the Druedains' hatred towards anyone who endangers their lands, these great statues of stone may come to life in times of great peril, not resting even for a single moment until the land of the Druedain is safe once more. While somewhat slow, the Pukel-Man possesses immense strenght and is very resistant to almost any forms of normal attacks, and as such, a Pukel-Man would prove to be a hard challenge even for a troll of Gorgoroth."

Special Abilities:

Ancestral Guardian - when near to the Pukel-Man, the Druedain Warriors and Ghan-Buri-Ghan receive +60% armor and +20% line of sight; passive

Upgrades: - (no upgrades)

In-game Use: a powerful monster summoned by the Druedain Warriors, the Pukel-Man can take down entire battalions within a few seconds. While it is slow, it has immense armor and its attacks deal great area-of-effect damage, making it useful in almost any situation. The only thing that is really effective against them is an another monster (like Troll) or siege engine (like Catapult). However, there's a little drawback about the Pukel-Man: it always has to be near to the Tribal Totem (since the Pukel-Man is basically a guardian-unit, much like the Mewlip or the Warg Sentry), and, if the totem is destroyed, the Pukel-Man dies, too.

NOTE: ...yes, it can :crazed:

Edited by MorrisB, 29 December 2007 - 03:23 PM.

Posted Image
---

#193 IthronAiwendil

IthronAiwendil

Retired modder

• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 04:09 PM

Pukel-Men! :good: I've always wanted those guys. And Druedain would be cool too, especially since Ghan is already in, I just don't see if there's any chance they could be in the next beta

#194 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 29 December 2007 - 04:24 PM

<Sigh>... Ithron, I've already told you: you don't HAVE to implement them as soon as possible, it okay if you make them when you have plenty of time (and inspiration). Especially if we consider that good works need time :good:

How about the Beta after the next Beta XD
Posted Image
---

#195 IthronAiwendil

IthronAiwendil

Retired modder

• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 04:44 PM

Yeah I know you don't mean that I should do them right now, but I will try to put them in the beta after the next beta, if I'm still modding then...

#196 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 29 December 2007 - 05:07 PM

What do you mean ? Are you going to university or finding a full-time job ?

In any case, I hope you will be still able to mod, even if with less time than these good present days. It always feels awful to see a legend leaving :good:
Posted Image
---

#197 IthronAiwendil

IthronAiwendil

Retired modder

• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 05:31 PM

I'm not planning to "leave" after the next beta, I would just like to spend less time on modding after the main things have been finished. Actually, I'm planning to release a special WotE edition next year (more info about that on the staff forums soon)...

#198 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 29 December 2007 - 05:40 PM

Oh, I see. You made me scared for a moment, though :good:
Posted Image
---

#199 Bebbe

Bebbe

Savvy ?

• Project Team
  • 670 posts
  •  The original guy

Posted 29 December 2007 - 07:06 PM

Well , wouldn't I like to take a look inside of your head ? :good:
No. But seriously , most of these are really good ideas.

#200 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 29 December 2007 - 07:52 PM

If you could look into my head, you would probably die just from the amount of ideas inside of it :crazed: ; no wonder that both Lauri and IthronAiwendil welcomed me as helper in those good ol' days...

As for the ideas: yeah, I know that I'm doin' this work well... altrough most of the older ideas have pretty simple or messed up descriptions. But it's always good to hear approvements from others, they keep me inspired, so thanks for your post :good:
Posted Image
---

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users