#61 IthronAiwendil

IthronAiwendil

Retired modder

• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts
  • Projects:None
  •  Coder, skinner, modeler, art guy

Posted 15 July 2007 - 04:22 PM

The vampires I'm planning to use are just giant, flying bats. The lair should be called Vampire Nest IMO.

#62 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  • Projects:Wars of the East mod
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 15 July 2007 - 04:42 PM

Oookay... and what about the other creep bases I suggested ?

Oh well, I'll get to work, gonna' make Vampire Nest (maybe I'll try to think of a better name), new Dragon Slayer description and other stuff soon !
Posted Image
---
"Well, I can't argue with that - modding IS hard. But what would have become of games like Starcraft, Warcraft 3, Dungeon Siege, Half-Life 1-2, Neverwinter Nights and BfME 1-2 if we, modders, weren't there ? They would have long been forgotten. Modding is hard, but it's an honorable thing." - MorrisB

#63 IthronAiwendil

IthronAiwendil

Retired modder

• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 04:46 PM

Maybe some creeps like Easterlings, Half-Trolls of Far Harad, Woodsmen and even Hobbits would be interesting... But not too much, because it's not easy to make new creeps, and I would have to replace existing creep bases from the maps with the new ones via map.ini... So let's gather some ideas and decide what are the best ones.

#64 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 15 July 2007 - 05:01 PM

Easterlings ? Nah, I don't want them as creeps... they are just too well-organized for that role.

Half-Trolls of Far Harad ? Hmm... interesting one... I might do this, and also consider about a simple Haradrim Camp :p

Woodsmen... well, I would rather make the Beorning as a creep unit, since Beornings are more wild and are rather "neutral" than "good" in my eyes. I don't really want the Woodsmen to be creep units, but we'll see. I perhas will make both.

Hobbits as creep units ?!? Umm... no, absolutely no... they are just far too peaceful. It's okay if the player plays with the bad guys (Angmar, Mordor, Isengard, Evil Men), but otherwise... well, it would be funny to see men/elves/dwarves hunting hobbits and raiding their villages :ninja:

As for a main discussion about the selections, just e-mail or PM me :)
Posted Image
---
"Well, I can't argue with that - modding IS hard. But what would have become of games like Starcraft, Warcraft 3, Dungeon Siege, Half-Life 1-2, Neverwinter Nights and BfME 1-2 if we, modders, weren't there ? They would have long been forgotten. Modding is hard, but it's an honorable thing." - MorrisB

#65 IthronAiwendil

IthronAiwendil

Retired modder

• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 05:04 PM

Fair enough... Keep all your ideas coming, they're welcome even if they wouldn't be used in the mod. But let's get back to the good factions. What about Men of the West? They now lose the Hildorien Axemen, so what new units are they going to get (Druedain would be good IMO)?

#66 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 15 July 2007 - 05:52 PM

Fair enough... Keep all your ideas coming, they're welcome even if they wouldn't be used in the mod.

I don't really want this topic to be overflowing with useless ideas, but you are the boss. Who knows, maybe they will be useful later in an another version of WotE or in an another mod made by you :ninja:

As for good factions... "Druedain" ? I only know the "Dunedain"... however, maybe Halbarad and the Grey Company as elite cavalry ? Or maybe not... MotW already have enough cavalry units, I think.

I'll look up to ideas at the Fiefdoms and Rohan, they might contain something I can use... I'll also try to add one more unit for the Elves.
Posted Image
---

#67 IthronAiwendil

IthronAiwendil

Retired modder

• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 05:55 PM

Druedain are the woses of the Druadan forest, also known as pukelmen :ninja:

#68 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 15 July 2007 - 06:17 PM

WHAAA ??? Okay, maybe it's my mistake, I read the books several years ago, but this doesn't sound familiar...

...not to mention that I dunno what the heck does "wose" mean... I didn't find it in the MOSE dictionary (neither in England and American english)...
Posted Image
---

#69 IthronAiwendil

IthronAiwendil

Retired modder

• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 06:20 PM

They're some sort of wild men who live in the woods... Does Ghân-buri-Ghân sound familiar to you? He's their leader :ninja:

#70 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 15 July 2007 - 06:37 PM

Hm... not really... but I have to mention that several names those are hard to be said in Hungarian had small modifications during translating the trilogy to Hungarian.

But maybe they could do it, then. However, I fear I can't make the description/stats/etc. myself due to my lack iof knowledge, sorry :ninja:

But I'll work on the others with extra energy instead, I swear !
Posted Image
---

#71 el kevo

el kevo

title available

• Members
  • 634 posts
  • Projects:Staff at Flameguard's "Game Sector Network"

Posted 15 July 2007 - 10:00 PM

you know, for KOTD you can just make him the MOTW/Gondor Ring hero or just a normal hero
Posted Image

#72 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 16 July 2007 - 02:31 PM

Maybe. I'll consider it. But I don't really want him to replace Isildur, and KotD is way too strong for a normal hero, so the best way to keep him is to have him as a summonable hero, I think.

PS: okay, I keep my word, and work hard. I've updated some new things:

CREEP BASES:

Vampire Nest, Haradrim Village, Woodsmen Hideout !

Also, I've added Summon Vampires power for Angmar.

PS: I gave up the idea of having the Beorning and the Half-Trolls of Far Harad as creep units. Beornings are just too good, and Half-Trolls aren't too fitting for this role. Sorry Ithron.

PPS: ...but we can at least begin the brainstorming whenever you want ! SEVEN creep base ideas are enough, I think.

Gonna' think about MotW unit later.
Posted Image
---

#73 The Best Guest

The Best Guest

Herald of Kane.....

• Division Admins
  • 2,048 posts
  • Projects:Revora, {IP}
  •  Varied
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:PR Admin

Posted 16 July 2007 - 10:49 PM

Ent creep on isengard
mrbar.jpg
SEE-Team_MapEditor.jpg

#74 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 17 July 2007 - 06:17 AM

Sorry, but NO. You know, the main problem is the fact that bad guys can convert creep bases to their side (at least Mordor and Angmar certainly do, dunno about Evil Men). So if such a creep base would be created, then they could take control of it with the "Untamed Allignance" power - and so, the bad guys could train ents...
Posted Image
---

#75 IthronAiwendil

IthronAiwendil

Retired modder

• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 06:47 PM

Nice ideas, as usual. The Woodsmen as creeps sounds interesting... (thinks about Angmar having an army of Woodsmen) :lol:

Edited by IthronAiwendil, 17 July 2007 - 06:47 PM.

#76 The Best Guest

The Best Guest

Herald of Kane.....

• Division Admins
  • 2,048 posts
  • Projects:Revora, {IP}
  •  Varied
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:PR Admin

Posted 17 July 2007 - 08:16 PM

no creep base for the ents they just roam around isengard attack anybody
mrbar.jpg
SEE-Team_MapEditor.jpg

#77 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 18 July 2007 - 06:04 AM

To Ithron: Yeah, I know... but let's quote from the film: "...but the hearts of some men are easly corrupted."

:) :lol: :p

Consider these woodsmen as "neutral humans" or as "renegades". I might create a bandit unit or such to replace them, though.

To BestGuest: Technically hard to make, I think. And besides, they would be more fitting to Fangorn rather than the Isengard map :p ; not to mention that custom heroes with the correct power could make them join you - and so, the same situation as mentioned above...

That's why EVERY creep base is basically for evil beings (if we don't count the Woddsmen Hideout, of course). Good sides don't really have such skills/powers to do so (except for the custom Wizard's "Turn Allignance" - or how it's called - ability).

PS: Uah... going for language course... like yesterday and the day before yesterday... I really hope the reward will be worth the trouble... see ya' later, guys ! I might update something later today.
Posted Image
---

#78 Karsh

Karsh
  • Project Team
  • 51 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing WotE, Audio WotE and thinking along for WotE ideas.
  •  WotE Beta Tester

Posted 18 July 2007 - 09:06 AM

Language course? What language? :)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#79 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 18 July 2007 - 02:16 PM

English :) ; yeah, that's right, believe it or not. Some say I actually know English better than some american people do, but I don't have any paper about it yet... you know the rules :lol:

PS: Okay, I put up a new unit: Gondorian Outlaws for Mordor ! WT* ?!? - you may ask... well, check it out...

And a new category: OTHER SUGGIES ! You can see them after the Creep Bases. I already made two: Tower Shield upgrade for Gondor Tower Guard and Summon Royal Guard for Theoden !
Posted Image
---

#80 Karsh

Karsh
  • Project Team
  • 51 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing WotE, Audio WotE and thinking along for WotE ideas.
  •  WotE Beta Tester

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:13 AM

Pretty interesting, if you would ask me. It's going to be one hell of a mod, isn't it? :p
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users