• Please log in to reply
662 replies to this topic

#1 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 01 July 2007 - 04:59 PM

I think it'd be good to open a topic about the campaign. I can't play the campaign myself, only the first mission. After Gandalf kills the balrog, he walks happily away, i get the 'victory' screen and after that a game.dat error.

Edited by Allathar, 08 April 2008 - 04:44 PM.

It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#2 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 01 July 2007 - 05:29 PM

I think I found the issue. I'll be fixing and testing it soon. (I changed the upgrade that grants Gandald the white to be granted by a heroes_of_gondor upgrade. The map still is trying to grant the old upgrade which he cannot recieve. I'll update once I know for sure this is fixed.

#3 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 06:12 PM

I hope so, because I was very looking forward to the other missions
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#4 fehik

fehik
  • Project Team
  • 207 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 06:32 PM

There are no new campaign maps in this beta release right?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 06:49 PM

Don't think so. But even if there aren't new maps, I still got new missions to play, since in the previous release the campaign got bugged by the wargs on Amon Hen.

#6 Eonwe

Eonwe

title available

• Project Team
  • 534 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 06:59 PM

Yeah my game says a error when I get to Amon hen at the warg part.

#7 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 07:36 PM

Hey, is there anyone else who's game crashes after the Moria mission? Perhaps it could be just me...

Edited by Allathar, 01 July 2007 - 07:36 PM.

#8 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 01 July 2007 - 08:07 PM

Well, here is some news. I'll go through all of the missions to work out some bugs and do another attempt at the Amon Hen thing. When I do this, I'll create saves before each map and release those saves to the beta team as well to make it easier to test each map.

So, not in the next release but in the following on, look for these saves!

#9 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 02 July 2007 - 12:48 AM

the campaign is kinda hard 2 start, i mean the teams r messed up, u hav 2 fix it urself. so mayb if u either fixed that, or added in the campaign tooltips how 2 do it. just 4 ease of use. and i got the same game.dat crash after moria.
in moria, wen the dialog is written on the top of the screen, ther is a typo. someone, i think its aragorn, says "some good fortune for out fellowship". so just change out 2 our and we'll b good ther.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 el kevo

el kevo

title available

• Members
  • 634 posts
  • Projects:Staff at Flameguard's "Game Sector Network"

Posted 02 July 2007 - 11:33 PM

im also having the same trouble with the moria one. also whenever they're suppose to say something they don't say anything. funny how that is aye
Posted Image

#11 Xingdao Fan

Xingdao Fan

look to the Evening Star!

• Project Team
  • 588 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK (BETA testing)

Posted 03 July 2007 - 08:39 AM

I think the voices should be included in the .big file, or are they that big?

xingdaofan-1.jpg

#12 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 12:11 PM

Actually Rob isn't allowed to release them in the big file, since they are from BfME1. He set up an tutorial to import them to the game if you got BfME1 though.

#13 Xingdao Fan

Xingdao Fan

• Project Team
  • 588 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 01:04 PM

What's the problem of being from BFME 1? :-\

And those people that do not have BFME 1 are kind of fucked.

xingdaofan-1.jpg

#14 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 03 July 2007 - 04:34 PM

maybe its just me, or maybe cause it was three am, but i couldnt get the campaigne to start. nothing happened when it did. It just basically...well, the turns went by each time and nothing happened :/

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#15 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 03 July 2007 - 06:06 PM

maybe its just me, or maybe cause it was three am, but i couldnt get the campaigne to start. nothing happened when it did. It just basically...well, the turns went by each time and nothing happened :/

The fellowship should start out in Dunland. Just move them to Moria, end phase, and it should start up. Let me know if this is not what you experience.

Arrrrggghhhh! It feels sometimes that Game.dat errors are the bane of my exsistence. The problem with Moria is not the Moria map so I'm trying to figure out what is causing it. It seems to have problems getting to the summary page......

If there is anyone out there that wishes to help me hunt this bug and the Amon Hen bug down, you'd be a lifesaver.

Now to figure out how to handle Imrahil in the campaign now that he's part of Men......(The heroes available from a fortress in WotR is determined by who is built on the living map and how can be built in the fortress on the living map. Unless the hero exists, then they can be built. (For Example - Imrahil is a hero, if you do not already have him, then you can purchase him from a fortress in say Helm's Deep. I still am trying to come up with the best solution to handle this.)

#16 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 03 July 2007 - 09:29 PM

what about having him start in belfalas or something, and have some skirmishes with the corsairs around the timing of helms deep-minas tirith

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#17 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 03 July 2007 - 09:41 PM

I'm thinking about that, but one worry -> if he is is own hero, then that means that he will count as an army. I don't mind having a Southern Fiefdom army (Basically start in the general area.) That just means he will count as a reinforcement in any battles. (Timing on reinforcements are set for the whole campaign - currently 20 minutes.)

So then when doing Minas Tirith I would want to do a very long battle :p so that you can bring in 2 reinforcements and then Aragorn comes when they are all there with the AotD. That actually sounds interesting. (You'll just be playing 5 different areas in the campaign and controlling 5 armies.)

Now if only I could have some way to get better control over this. I really would like to see a black gate where EVERYONE is there to battle if you so choose without the map being an hour+.

I know for Faramir I did not want him controlling his own army, but I just might do that with Imrahil. He can have his own set of maps down in the south all to himself.

So the set of heroes that will have their own army:
Aragorn
Eomer
Dain
Elrond
Imrahil (New)

If more people want Imrahil to be his own army, I will do just that. (This really is multiple campaigns that can interact and you can build armies.)

Now if I can just fix those %@@##$ game.dat errors....help.....

Edited by robnkarla, 03 July 2007 - 09:41 PM.

#18 Xingdao Fan

Xingdao Fan

• Project Team
  • 588 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 08:09 AM

By the way, are we limited to 2 rohan territories? I saw only Rohan and Eaves of Fangorn changed.

And hum... can regions grant less benefits? Your army will probably become too imba once you've conquered a lot of territories.

xingdaofan-1.jpg

#19 mr_g

mr_g
  • Project Team
  • 186 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 08:26 AM

I found this bug in the campaign :
when arrive the turn to play the Eastfold map with Eomer and I don't play it but move Eomer on another location and after when I want to move Eomer to another location the game crash!

sorry for my english
Mr_G from France
Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 04 July 2007 - 08:29 AM

The Rohan territories are as follows:
Eaves of Fangorn
Eastfold
Helm's Deep

There is also an open slot that fit's best for Fangorn forest, but I could also move eaves of fangorn to that slot and put a gap of rohan or eastfold. Awhile back I took a poll and the Fangorn barely won.

So that leaves 4 Rohan maps. If I ever get someone to redo the livingworld, which I doubt, I would add more Rohan territories, but that is all for now.

As for the regions, it's funny I've actually heard the opposite as well. I've tried to balance out the bonus'. If you conquer all the regions you should have max pp, 45% attack, 20% defense, 155% experience, 300% resource bonus, and a whole lot of troops/heroes.

When I laid out the region bonus' this is about where I was aiming. It really is not too much, and when I script the maps I have a huge array of enemies I can throw at you. (Everything to level 10 instead of 5 for units as well.) What will be hard to balance is more the level 10 hero powers than anything else. On some of the maps, I might lengthen the refresh time of the powers just so you can't cast tornado, aotd, eagles, etc. one after another and rinse and repeat.

Robert J.

Edit:

I found this bug in the campaign :
when arrive the turn to play the Eastfold map with Eomer and I don't play it but move Eomer on another location and after when I want to move Eomer to another location the game crash!

I'm going through the campaign maps to work through all of the glitches that were caused. I've cleared out a number of them. In the future I will also be writing scripts in the maps to handle what you did. (skipping a default map and going to the next.) I wish there was a way I could prevent this, but the disable/enable regions does not work in RotWK. What I'll be doing is just handling the missions differently depending on who is the hero playing.

Edited by robnkarla, 04 July 2007 - 08:32 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users