#1 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  crazy coder

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:48 PM

Well, in 1.05.01 I've begun to overhaul he CP system.

The first three changes that are being implemented:
1) Evil now has 1.5x the number of commandpoints in their limit (i.e. Evil has 1500 when Good has 1000).
2) Farms now provide 25/50/100 cps intead of 50/75/100
3) Heroes not only do not count cost commandpoints, they add to your limit. I'll take Gondor as an example:

Gondor Heroes:
Aragorn - gain 75 commandpoints
Boromir - gain 25 commandpoints
Damrod - gain 0 commandpoints
Faramir - gain 25 commandpoints
Gandalf - gain 75 commandpoints
Imrahil - gain 50 commandpoints
Pippin - gain 0 commandpoints

I'll be updating the change list for 1.05.01 with all of the changes for each hero. Please, let me know what you think, as I probably missed the most obvious reason why not to do this.

It just seems more realistic. Many of the heroes that you gain should increase the size of the army you can control, not decrease it.

Well, there you have it. There will be overall adjustments to the commandpoint system but these are the largest for the next release.

Robert J.

#2 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:58 PM

yay, my suggestion was used :thumbsupsmiley:

although, i think faramir should be 50 too, because of how much people loved and followed him, for example, beregond. those are just minor details though :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#3 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:38 PM

Yeah, this is an idea I've been thinking about way back when I did Arnor and my first commandpoint adjustments for heroes. I just never cared for the fact that heroes took up such a huge portion of the commandpoints.

With all the changes, especially for evil, armies now should now be expanded upon and it should bring microing to a different level. Though massing huge armies is possible as well.

#4 el kevo

el kevo

title available

• Members
  • 634 posts
  • Projects:Staff at Flameguard's "Game Sector Network"

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:56 PM

Gandalf should give 100 cp because hes such an influential character and really helps drive people forward
Posted Image

#5 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 06 July 2007 - 12:07 AM

for that matter so should aragorn, and faramir, and boromir, and imrahil. but 100 is exessive, and i think theyre good the way they are.

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#6 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 06 July 2007 - 12:30 AM

The basic idea that I'm adhering to in this next release is that in total each of the good factions have +250 in commandpoints from just heroes. So with the 100 base, the 100 for the fortress, that gives you a 450 base that you have if you loose everything except your fortress.

For evil, since they have a base of 200, the fortress will be 100, and I'd like to give them about 300-400 in points as they have the higher cp limit. Mordor and Goblins will be the highest bast due to their lack of walls.

#7 Spointz2020

Spointz2020
  • Members
  • 153 posts
  • Projects:RJ-Rotwk Beta Tester

Posted 02 August 2007 - 10:26 AM

godamnit this is sucha friggin goood idea!!!! :ninja: and i totally get howw in compensation for their lack of walls, gobs and mordor have a drastically expanded cp limit.. but isnt there some way to give them at least like crappier walls? i mean mordor did often utilize walls (though they were never their own initially).....
wait i got an idea, wut bout mordor and gobs, get the ability to "desecrate" "good faction" walls? like they did for Minas Morgul and so on... when they took over enemy fortresses and castles and stuff, they often renamed them, and through time their evil "foulness" sank deep within the walls to make them resemble much what their faction is about.... but they'd still be either able or unable to desecrate other "evil" walls.... the primary purpose is that even though they cannot make wallls by their own, when they claim victory over a good faction in a fortress battle, they'll at least be rewarded with the option of taking the fortress for their own use and advantage (altho ofcourse such a function would have to come along with a high price)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Mishu

Mishu
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 09:07 PM

Hello,

Please help me with an answer to this question:

In campaign mode, when heroes appear, disappear automatically a number of soldiers ... in Moira, all heroes have a total of 9 commandpoints ...

How do I set 0 commadpoints for heroes? I tried to modify the INI file. and patch 1.06, but did not work ...

Does anyone know what to do in this case?

Thanks for understanding!

#9 Mishu

Mishu
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 12:03 PM

Hello,

Someone can give me an answer on the previous message?

Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users