#1 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 06 July 2007 - 11:11 PM

"Commander! It's good to see you again. After the recent attacks by NEXUS and Osiris on your command centre, we feared the worst. I'm afraid there's no time to grieve over the men who gave their lives so you could get out. We have a number of battlefield updates to give you. Even some of the more familiar units in your arsenal have been changed...but the enemies haven't been slouching either. Even the primitive Leaguers have updated their techs. Some of it's frighteningly effective, and I'm ashamed to say intel has absolutely NO idea where they're getting it from. We suspect an internal leak...but where that leak is, we haven't yet determined.

That's not something for you to concern yourself with, Commander. Better you get to analysing the unit database, and get on with doing what you do best. Leave the insiders to us. Hopefully with this new intel, your future campaigns will fare better than at your last posting...failure is not an option anymore, Commander."

F-22 Raptor
Posted Image
"The Raptor's missiles were all that needed changing. No longer restricted to ground strike targets, the Raptor returns to its faithful role; bringing down enemy fighters, bombers and other assorted aerial units, such as helicopters and transport planes. Many a base has already been saved from airstrikes thanks to this new development. It was only a regret that you didn't have a squadron outfitted with the new dogfight missiles, Commander. In future, you're cleared to arm the Raptors accordingly."

Illusion Tank
Posted Image
"The Allied forces have put a huge resource into the Illusion Tank's new particle gun weapon. We did away with the rail gun, and in its place put a particle beam weapon that works along similar lines to the one on our main defence cannon. This change let us add in a feature the enemy won't expect; while its true effectiveness lies in stalking out ground units, the Illusion Tank now has the ability to fire on air units. The enemy's pilots literally won't know what hit them."

Cyclone Fighter
Posted Image
"And they definitely won't know what hit them if they get strafed by the Cyclone. Along with its sister-flight, the Raptor, the Cyclone can now engage in a brief but devastating dogfight with any enemy fighters or flying units with its new Chrono Beam-cannon. We had a lot of problems with the targeting systems on the chrono missile, so we gave it a beam weapon instead. We've calculated a 45% increase in combat-effectiveness. We are, always have been and always will remain lords of the skies, Commander, and the Cyclone is absolute proof of that superiority. No air vehicle we know of can survive even a single hit from a chrono beam, and enemy forces already know to fear them if they see them overhead. As ever...just keep 'em out of the way of a passing SAM."

Mantis Rocket Tank
Posted Image
"The infamous Freedom League tank buster. Look at it, Commander. It even looks mean. Those rockets pack one hell of a punch against armoured targets. I've seen them shred Marauders like confetti. And what's worse, the League recently started fitting them out with SAMs to really ruin our pilots' day. I'm not going to lie to you - these things are cutting-edge anti-vehicle rockets, and they're equipped with state-of-the-art 'soul-seeker' guidance tech. Basically the same homing systems our Chrono Tank rockets use. Just to give you some idea of just how good the Freedom League are at their very best."

Wraith Plasma Artillery
Posted Image
"This bastard needs no introduction to you. Especially considering they're what annihilated your HQ. NEXUS hovering artillery units, equipped with plasma bolts. Think of it as a hovering more advanced (and powerful) version of our Fusion Cannon. It has a range almost unmatched by a ground unit, and that plasma cannon is devastating. NEXUS learned from the best when it designed this thing. Try to hit it fast, as it's pretty tough by artillery standards. That and it has that goddamn self-repair function that all those junkheads seem to have."

"Well, we'll give you more updates soon. Right now, our analysts are scrutinising battle reports and footage, just looking for anything new or different we've seen. We'll try and authorise you for clearance for some Osiris tech specs too, but you know what it's like when goddamn bureaucrats infiltrate the chain of command...I swear to God, do they want us to lose this war?

Best of luck, Commander. We'll speak again shortly.

Fld Mars. A. Halden,
Supreme Commander,
Allied Legion Forces."

#2 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 06 July 2007 - 11:20 PM

manual ace returns :mad2:
Posted Image

#3 TX1138

TX1138

TEXT UNRELATED

• Project Team
  • 866 posts
  • Projects:...
  •  Giant Spectrum Panda

Posted 06 July 2007 - 11:20 PM

Props to the person that made that Rocket Tank (probably gamemate) :mad2: It does looks very mean!
Posted Image

Realism is so overrated it isn't even funny. You already know what happens in reality, how is that entertaining...?

#4 Medusa

Medusa

the g-man

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • Projects:none
  •  Misc modder

Posted 07 July 2007 - 03:35 AM

Wraith Motar Tank?! ;) Almost too familiar... better change the name before those bastards find out... :p
They shall perish...

#5 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm, Project Phantom
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 07 July 2007 - 06:07 AM

Props to the person that made that Rocket Tank (probably gamemate) :p It does looks very mean!

It is actually my work :lol:

Wraith Motar Tank?! ;) Almost too familiar... better change the name before those bastards find out... :p

Heh, they've had time like since 1.98 version :p
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#6 Shine On

Shine On

Resident Photographer

• Hosted
  • 3,828 posts
  •  Ex Cameo Maker and Modder

Posted 07 July 2007 - 08:17 AM

Niiice. I'm loving the cameos too :p
Posted Image

#7 GodSun666

GodSun666

Marching Trough The Eternal Fields Of Chaos!

• Banned
  • 1,439 posts
  • Projects:Fast Fun And Crazy for Red Alert 3

Posted 07 July 2007 - 09:47 AM

Goodjob, but is it meant that one rocket launching system is bigger then the other? or is one SAM and the other AT?
для матери Россия! Советский Союз победит! Америка может облизывать мои яйца
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 10:19 AM

It's just you. And the angle you're viewing it at. :p

#9 Rorsta

Rorsta

The Angel of Death

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • Projects:Stepping out into the sun

Posted 08 July 2007 - 04:25 AM

I love all the new updates. :lol:
literally
Please excuse Lisa for being absent. She was sick and I had her shot.
Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here and drink what comes out"?

Posted ImageThanks for the banners Gamemate
Posted Image We'll never forget you

#10 need my speed

need my speed

For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 06:15 AM

Goodjob, but is it meant that one rocket launching system is bigger then the other? or is one SAM and the other AT?

Yeah the last rocket launch thingy is indeed a very little bit bigger then the other to me.
Please, if you see a mistake in my posts - spelling, grammar, punctuation, or whatever else - point it out. How can one learn from mistakes, if one is not corrected?
There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

#11 MCV

MCV

title available

• Hosted
  • 737 posts
  • Projects:Uh... I'm writing a NGE/GitS/Lain/Snow Crash crossover fanfic?
  •  Decipherer of Paradox' legal talk.

Posted 08 July 2007 - 06:35 AM

Yeah the last rocket launch thingy is indeed a very little bit bigger then the other to me.

If y'want to get into detail, one looks taller while the other looks wider.
Posted Image

#12 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 09:25 AM

lol are you planning on doing a nexus briefing too, but all in binary to fit the theme ;)
The mantis is looking pretty sweet, but I'm a bit worried about seeing a chrono beam on an aircraft

If you mean when it hits an enemy, you get the swirly-whirly wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey thing, and the craft just falls out of the sky. It doesn't stay in the sky then flash away.

If you mean the idea of an aircraft firing such a weapon, it really doesn't look bad.

#13 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 05:32 PM

Yeah, I'll go along with that. ;)

#14 MCV

MCV

title available

• Hosted
  • 737 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 06:02 PM

No no no!

You use an older chronosphere version, which due to it's instability, kills the pilot as the Chronosphere did in Red Alert, causing the plane to crash land since no one are piloting it.
Posted Image

#15 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 09:09 PM

Would that not completely destroy the explanation as for why tanks etc can survive, and still drive around, even from the first RA? And why that effect still happens if you use a chronosphere on inf in RA2? :)

Nah I like the time distortion field fucks with engines idea personally. :sad2:

#16 MCV

MCV

title available

• Hosted
  • 737 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 09:21 PM

Would that not completely destroy the explanation as for why tanks etc can survive, and still drive around, even from the first RA? And why that effect still happens if you use a chronosphere on inf in RA2? :)

Nah I like the time distortion field fucks with engines idea personally. :sad2:

'Cause Westwood Pacific was lazy that's why!

The whole Allied Tech Tree is based from the rumoured "Philadelphia Experiment" in which the US Navy in 1943 tries to use one of Einstein's theories to make ships completely invissible (Phase Tank), later reduced to radar invisibility (GAP Generator). The experiment resulted in a disaster when the ship dissapeared for a few moments, and supposedly appeared somewhere else (Chronosphere) In some versions the ship also travels to the 1980's.

When the ship was entered to see what had happened, several crew members were found dead or crippeled, as some of them had become merged with the ship's hull. This is emulated in Red Alert as loosing all troops inside APC's. (Rather than pesky work with random generators.)

In RA2 however, the team did not look at the Philadelphia Experiment, but rather Red Alert only, resulting in the infantry killing of the Chronosphere, and the odd way Chrono Technology behaves ("Phase-in time" WTF?)

Although, I still agree. Vaporizing the engine is much cooler.
Posted Image

#17 MCV

MCV

title available

• Hosted
  • 737 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 09:46 PM

Secondly, how did you find out about this "Philadelphia Experiment" and where can I find out more?

Wikipedia! Where I found out? I don't remember where I found out though, I think I found it in bits and pieces.

Is there any historical basis for the prism weapons or was that simply a balance to the tesla weapons?

AFAIK, ballance only, same with Mirage.

Edited by MCV, 08 July 2007 - 09:50 PM.

Posted Image

#18 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 09:51 PM

That as may be with the Allied ship, but it doesn't explain why tank crews can simply go dum de dum, all is well...I'm not hurt at all by the chronosphere...yet the guys in the back of APCs are screwed! :)

#19 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 08 July 2007 - 09:55 PM

Hence why shortgame is on.

They were rather abusable in RA2 and the only effective allied counter to desolators afaik.

Wikipedia is a dodgy source of information.

Also a boat get chronoshifted, that's about it.

You could ask why in YR u need a time machine when a chronosphere is all u need to transform through time.

E.g. no point in RA2/YR cos could stop romanov/yuri from gaining power by killing them/erasing them from time.

Welcome to time paradox spam...

Its a bit of cool background text people ..
Posted Image

#20 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 08:28 AM

E.g. no point in RA2/YR cos could stop romanov/yuri from gaining power by killing them/erasing them from time.

Welcome to time paradox spam...

*Cough*Einsteinalreadydidthattohitlerandlookwhathappened*Cough* ;)

Although to be fair that's kinda what they did to Yuri. The game does not offer an explanation as to why Yuri is not present at Romanov's side during the war, as well as having his own network of followers in the past. Indeed, it doesn't explain why Yuri's army is even present in the past either..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users