76 replies to this topic

#21 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:29 PM

..........the uruks will be inside your base before you can get cirdan out.
Do none of you understand? He will send his starting batt to your base, so you will have time to build only a building or 2, and definintly no heros.

Matias beat me.......

On a more positive note, this thread is obvisiously a success :)

Edited by Elvenlord, 08 July 2007 - 11:31 PM.

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#22 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:33 PM

Indeed. If you build a Tower to hold the Uruks off, I'll just slaughter your scouts while the Tower is building up, and then take that out. That way you have no starting units and a very crippled economy.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#23 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:35 PM

The only way I see to even stand a chance is to send the scout to the isen base to find the uruks ASAP, then just keep on shooting them on the way to the base........

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#24 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:39 PM

I wont allow you to keep shooting them, I'll just kill the Scouts off and then proceed to the base. No starting batallion for you and I will have my second batallion of Uruks recruited, or nearly recruited. You will still get pwned. :)

Edited by Matias, 08 July 2007 - 11:39 PM.

#25 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:41 PM

Then when you start to come for the scout, I'll simply retreat them.

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#26 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 09 July 2007 - 01:47 AM

Well, from all this info so far (and my own input), it looks like the only way to start the Elves in the early-game is to spam Scouts and creep while capturing as many settlements as possible. Then if you have enough resources to spare (i.e. enough to cover your ass in case something bad happens, like a biggish army of Uruk-Hai ;)) purchase Spearmen, and if you can stretch your economy a bit further (but by now you should be able to) start fortifying your base with Flets. By then your out of the early-game.

Edit: results may vary in using the later strategies here. :p

Edited by Olorin, 09 July 2007 - 01:48 AM.

Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#27 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 09 July 2007 - 02:36 AM

Y'think? ;)

#28 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 09 July 2007 - 03:06 AM

You'd be surprised how fast you get spearmen out sometimes......
The key is to not keep money in reserve. In early game anyways.

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#29 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 03:51 AM

Well of course you wouldn't save up in the early early-game; I usually start keeping some cash in reserve when I have more than 3 or 4 Orchards that I know I won't lose, a flexible army (predominantly Scouts) and some Flets to protect my base. I usually end up spending the reserve on upgrades for all my units.

Y'think? ;)

Well I was just summing it up for the casual passerby who only wants to know about early-game when playing with the Elves, and doesn't want to read through a page and a half of Elves vs. Isengard. :p

Edited by Olorin, 09 July 2007 - 05:00 AM.

Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#30 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 09 July 2007 - 04:17 AM

But......... isen is the elves' main concern ;)
But you said to get spearmen after you had a reserve, not the other way around :p

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#31 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 05:00 AM

Where does Isengard being the Elves' main concern come into it? ;) And yeah, I did contradict myself. *edits last post*
Posted Image

#32 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 09 July 2007 - 05:04 AM

*sigh*

Well I was just summing it up for the casual passerby who only wants to know about early-game when playing with the Elves, and doesn't want to read through a page and a half of Elves vs. Isengard.

They should read it, to become better agaisnt isen, or at least not die within 5 minutes ;)

Edited by Elvenlord, 09 July 2007 - 05:04 AM.

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#33 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 05:06 AM

It was a joke. And I would've thought you would realize. ;) Tut tut.
Posted Image

#34 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 09 July 2007 - 05:10 AM

How dare you insult you master!
Drop and give me 50.......dollars, I don't want to watch you do push-ups.......

*Gasp*
You changed your avatar!!

Edited by Elvenlord, 09 July 2007 - 05:11 AM.

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#35 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 05:14 AM

Forgive me! *signs cheque* Uhm, right, before adummy deletes these posts for being deemed 'useless', something to do with the topic...has anyone had a chance to try out Gondor vs. Elves? Next time I'm able to play the game (I have a workable PC now! Drinks all 'round! :p) I'll try and see how it goes. Though I won't be able to play online, as the internet here isn't what it used to be. ;)
Posted Image

#36 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 09 July 2007 - 05:18 AM

...Elves own gondor......
Or they did when I played Lif-alan.......or was it Lalmanegro?
No, I think it was Lif-alan......
The scouts are faster then the soldiers, and are able to kill pippin in a remarkably short amount of time. So elves get map control. And then we all know what happens then...... ;)

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#37 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 07:06 AM

Interesting...I would've thought that Gondor, being the defensive faction, would've had a fighting chance against the Elves. Weeell then, looks like Gondor players will have to spam soldiers and archers when playing with the Elves; that's probably the only strategy that can work for them, as far as I know.
Posted Image

#38 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 10:49 AM

Elves own everything except Isengard. Unless of course you have no idea what you're doing.

The very key in beating Elves with every faction is to demolish their early game economy and keep up the pressure. If you let them expand, you lose. Nothing can stand up against their late game heroes and upgraded units.

#39 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 10:51 AM

^^ Celeglin's first law: nothing can stand up to a late-game Elven force, with its fully upgraded units and indestructible heroes. ;)
Posted Image

#40 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 09 July 2007 - 01:16 PM

^ Except an even bigger Elven army ;)

Actully, a horse shield rush as gondor might work if you can get them out fast enough, as scouts suck vs. cav.
Probably would work even better as Rohan.......

elvenlordbanner.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users