• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#41 Gherrick

Gherrick

Drunken Bastard

• Project Team
  • 374 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 02:46 PM

The problem for me is Mordor vs Elves. How to defeat em? Nazguls, Trolls, Orcs...all these die vs superior Elven archers even without heroes. Orcs+haradrim spearthrowers early game? Or what? And I think building slaughter houses is better early game as mordor/isen because Elves won't murder your woodcutters= better econ as they won't demolish your slaughter houses with archers.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#42 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 09 July 2007 - 03:04 PM

You want the truth? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!
Mordor can't face the elves. Mordor is weak vs. archers anyways, and with the elves' surperior archers, mordor doesn't even have a fighting chance. Unless the elven player sucks. Even then.......

And scouts can destroy buildings pretty easily, actully.....
So it really doesn't matter........

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#43 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 09 July 2007 - 04:08 PM

Mordor can win against the Elves. 2 Orc Pits and SPAM SPAM SPAM right towards their base. Basically the same as Isengard, except the orcs are much weaker.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#44 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 04:11 PM

i agree with Matias here. They need to use the same basic strategy as Isengard. Also, if the game gets late in the game, build Mumkil. have them charge right into the center of the elven army to take them out and then have trolls charge in
Posted Image

#45 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 09 July 2007 - 04:12 PM

Besides the fact that scouts completly own orcs..... orcs are too slow, don't do enough damage, and aren't strong enough to do any damage.

And orc pits take forever to build, the elves would have already started spamming scouts
Late-game- Anything with fire arrows destroy mumikil within seconds.....

Edited by Elvenlord, 09 July 2007 - 04:14 PM.

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#46 Gherrick

Gherrick

Drunken Bastard

• Project Team
  • 374 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 07:46 PM

Yeah...orcs are kinda slow and weak compared to orcs from 1.02 patch. And they cost 50 and 1.02 cost 0 if my memory serves. Quick Gothmog maybe? Fast catapults with Rhuns? Maybe Catapults+rhuns> Elves? Catas>Archers Rhuns> Cavalry?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#47 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 09 July 2007 - 07:51 PM

SoR can take out Elves as far as I know.... I think I got rid of Matias' ONE base when playing against him :p but my orcs were useless, and when I noticed that Galadriel is uber against Fellies, I noticed the end of the line...

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#48 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 09 July 2007 - 08:20 PM

Nope, not if the elven player has good micro.

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#49 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 08:56 PM

SoR can take out Elves as far as I know.... I think I got rid of Matias' ONE base when playing against him :p but my orcs were useless, and when I noticed that Galadriel is uber against Fellies, I noticed the end of the line...

I think I had about 3 bases left after that... ;)

#50 Gherrick

Gherrick

Drunken Bastard

• Project Team
  • 374 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:53 AM

So I think Nazguls on Horse are REALLY needed as a counter for archers and to some extent heroes for Mordor<<<<<<<<<<<Elves. What about Rohan? Fast cavalry+creeping Eostud > Elves imo. What's your opinion?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#51 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 10 July 2007 - 12:34 PM

Nazguls on horses are planned for TLT. Nothing more is gonna be added in TEA, as far as we know. :thumbsupsmiley:
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#52 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 10 July 2007 - 01:24 PM

Well, if the elves can get Spearmen out fast enough, they could face the cav.
Or get Amroth's knights, they own all cav.....

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#53 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 11:41 PM

Are Amroth's Knights strong against cavalry? Interesting: cavalry that's good against cavalry, I've never heard of that one before. :p

Edited by Olorin, 10 July 2007 - 11:41 PM.

Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#54 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 11 July 2007 - 04:15 AM

Well, they have higher health and armor then any other cavalry unit, so it would make sense. I had 3 batts with only horse sheilds own aragorn once.......Only 2 knights died.....
And if they don't work, riders might be able to do the job thanks to their insane damage.....

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#55 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 08:55 AM

I couldn't try it on a human player seeing as my internet's down, but this could be something useful for the early early-game: you send your first battalion of Scouts to the nearest settlement while building an Orchard and a Lookout Tower at your base. Build your Orchard on the settlement and begin to creep. By this stage you should have enough cash for another battalion of Scouts, so recruit one and (once trained) send them to help your first battalion. Once you have the gold from the creep, capture another settlement and/or build another Orchard at your base and train another battalion of Scouts. Keep doing this, sending a few to your opponents base (and of course, keeping some in reserve at your own) to keep them distracted. And finally, once you have decent map control/a steady economy and a sizeable force, launch your attack. By now though your should have 'Call of Cuivienen' to aid you in case you need it. This only works against Isengard, Mordor and the Elves, seeing as none of them have walls. I tried this twice against a Medium and Hard army in Northern Ithilien (lots of creeps and nearby settlements) - worked like a charm. ;)
Posted Image

#56 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 11:48 AM

That's very similar to what I usually do online, so yeah, it should work fine against human players.

#57 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 10:06 AM

The only thing I'm worried about is the Elves - Uruk comparison. Uruks are stronger and there are mauch more in a single horde...and the Elves are disadvantaged because of high prices. One thing I would recommend with my strategy is to buy a couple of Sentinels in case both players rush each other, which doesn't end up very well.

Edit: if anyone has spare time/can be bothered, would someone please try out my 'theory' and give feedback on it? Very much appreciated. :blink:

Edited by Olorin, 23 July 2007 - 10:10 AM.

Posted Image

#58 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  • Projects:Turned to Writing
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 23 July 2007 - 11:27 AM

you do know that they probably won't do it during that contest.
the strats they're having must stay secret.

but perhaps a non-competition match...
if someone wants to try it you can pm me :blink:
(wrong forum i know)
If the above post offended you in any way,
please take note that, until further notice, I don't care, so get lost.

#59 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 24 July 2007 - 07:01 PM

Damn you Olorin, that's my strat........ :huh:

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#60 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 26 July 2007 - 03:20 PM

Sorry for the double post, but is has new information, so meh, whatever.....

I just played a game agaisnt Hunter, and I learned that some early amroth's knights does wonders agasint the elves. Especially if they are spamming scouts, as Hunter was doing. 1 batt of knights were able to destroy 4 batts of scouts and only lost 2 knights.

elvenlordbanner.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users