CnC3 is horibble... it truly is

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 AtomicStarfish

AtomicStarfish
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 06:52 PM

it was fun for a while... then EA support kicked in (AKA devistation of games do you need it?)

now patch 1.05 was more like a tear being that me, who likes Nod, cant do anything anymore. Nod is GROSSLY underpowered and Scrin is GOD (on a stick) and then theres GDI (lets say...invinciblity bug 07)... the game is completely glitched out now, and scrin is god of the world (again on a stick)....................................

Contra, Remix...hell any mod or even orgional generals not even ZH is more fun, skillful, strateigic, and open to createive thought... very sad that we have to deal with terrible support, a community manager that talks once in a blue moon, and patches that completely destroy the strategy of the game... very sad.... how do you go from generals... to cnc3?

Edited by Creator, 19 September 2007 - 12:21 PM.

Posted Image
exsequor exequor irritum est bellum....(look it up)

#2 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 11 July 2007 - 07:15 PM

I dunno.. I couldn't manage it. I played the game a few hours and called it quits.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#3 Soul

Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 3,781 posts
  • Projects:Sigma Invasion
  •  This person isn't important

Posted 12 July 2007 - 12:58 AM

I'll only get it for the mods.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Soul 2.4

Background process. Has something to do with some activity going on somewhere. Sorting junkmail, I think. No value or interest. Doesn't do much except hog resource.

#4 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 12 July 2007 - 06:38 AM

Well, I had downloaded it from internet, cracked it, completed all campaigns and forgot about it. CnC3 is not as attractive as Generals. Also it is not modable. All INI files are crypted or coded somehow. They promise to release SDK which will allow to create mods for CnC3, but I personally had already lost all interest to this game. I will not make any mods for CnC3 even when SDK is out.

Edited by Creator, 13 July 2007 - 07:23 AM.

#5 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 12 July 2007 - 09:19 AM

i dont think i will ever bother buying it...i was considering it, for a little while.

i only have the demo installed on my PC, and occasionally, when bored i will do a Nod or GDI skirmish against a Nod/GDI side, and change the AI, using the small "cheat"

cba with a campagain....i dont care for the story line at all.
Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#6 Soul

Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 3,781 posts
  • Projects:Sigma Invasion
  •  This person isn't important

Posted 12 July 2007 - 10:01 PM

The demo doesn't even work for me, the game will crash if I try to play Skirmish or the Campaign, it was very annoying to have wasted like an hour d/l'ing it, only for it to not work.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Soul 2.4

Background process. Has something to do with some activity going on somewhere. Sorting junkmail, I think. No value or interest. Doesn't do much except hog resource.

#7 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 11:31 PM

The Scrin are fun for 5 minutes when using the carrier thing for the first time... its just like the Protoss Carrier, shields and all. I had 45 seconds of fun the first time I upgraded an Avitar Mech with a Flame Tank. The GDI Mammoth and Predator look really cool... ... thats about all the fun I've had with it.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#8 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 07:41 AM

Yes, everything in Cnc3 is cool only when you look at it for the first time. But then it gets bored very quickly.

By the way, this simple game is much better than Cnc3.

Try to complete the 6th level. I can restrain 79 waves only.

#9 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore

Posted 13 July 2007 - 10:15 AM

i wouldnt say better, but suprisingly, it actually is on par with it :grin:

ahh, i cant do the second mission! how did you get to the second one?
ive tried so many tatics... and they still manage to get past!

Edited by olli, 13 July 2007 - 10:50 AM.

Posted Image
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

#10 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 08:49 AM

Yes, everything in Cnc3 is cool only when you look at it for the first time. But then it gets bored very quickly.

By the way, this simple game is much better than Cnc3.

Try to complete the 6th level. I can restrain 79 waves only.

I have to agree... I like it alot more than CnC3... far more addictive aswell. I've made it up to Mission6, wave 30... I'm starting to get a good pattern down, I just need to get more AA into my line.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 09:55 AM

lol i cant get past mission 2, what turrets do you put down and where? do you put them right at the enterence or in the middile?
Posted Image

#12 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 10:53 AM

Olli, there are some tips:
1) Aliens must not go straight forward. Make a labirinth from vulcan turrets. They must go up, down. right, left. The longer way they go - the better.
2) You can upgrade and sell your turrets. There is upgrade button to the right bottom of the screen. Sell button is there too.
3) The best turret in the begining is vulcan. But never try upgrade it - it is just waste of money.
4) The best turrets in later game are Plasma and DCA. Upgrade them to 6th level and enjoy.
5) You can rebuild your labirinth "on-the-fly". If an alien closes to exit then sell a turret somewhere to open another way. Then put a turret in the front of that alien for him to turn around and go back.

#13 Thats me!

Thats me!

Title availble

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • Projects:thinking...:p
  •  not Red :(

Posted 14 July 2007 - 12:07 PM

i cant win mission3 i lose on lvl20

#14 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 04:23 PM

My new record - wave 84

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 09:52 PM

your opening is identical to mine. and the overall pattern is very very similare. there are some differences, specificly in the center, but the exits and entrance are identical.

I like your roundabout. I had realized eventualy something like that would be needed, but I hadn't gotten a pattern worked out for it yet.

After getting stopmed on 6, I retried 5 and learned a couple tricks... the plasma guns get 400% damage boosts, more range, and fire faster when fully upgraded. So far compared to any other weapon its damage is increadible. The SAMs are great, and have great splash, they just don't come even close to the damage of the Plasmas.

A fully upgraded Sonic turret in the center of the kill zone where they get corraled around it... the stun and radius are very nice. it has good damage too.

In a couple hours the kids will be in bed and I can give it another serious try.

EDIT: (a few hours later)

Creator,

I used your build pattern, but used a secondary switch point, so even if they broke past the spot you pointed out I could turn them back a second time. I made it to 65 this time... its still always the flying ones that kill me. I need alot more AA.

Edited by Pendaelose, 15 July 2007 - 12:51 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 Death_Pheonix

Death_Pheonix

title available

• Members
  • 476 posts
  • Projects:former Remix 3 Alpha Tester
  •  [M]i[G]lEaDeR

Posted 15 July 2007 - 05:39 AM

i got so hooked on this, it wasn't funny, im on level 6 now, but i think i should stop, before i waste hours on this when i could be doing something productive. and yes this game is ALOT better than CNC 3
Posted Image

Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 07:56 AM

I used your build pattern, but used a secondary switch point, so even if they broke past the spot you pointed out I could turn them back a second time. I made it to 65 this time... its still always the flying ones that kill me. I need alot more AA.

By the way, freezers fire at air units. Fully upgraded freezers help very much. They slow down those "birds", so your guns have more time to finish them. As for SAMs and Sonics, I don't like them. They work good vs large groups, but boss-monsters cause very big trouble.

#18 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 04:07 PM

Good point with the freeze turrets, I didn't realize they shoot air.

I like to have 2 of the SAMs, they have such range that they can keep any ground monster under fire for its entire stay on the map... I'll have to try placing some freeze turrets at each map entrance.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 04:59 PM

ok i managed to get upto level 3, but i can only get up to wave 25. i used the labrinth pattern, but some still manage to get through. where abouts should i have the plasmas?
Posted Image

#20 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 05:50 PM

ok i managed to get upto level 3, but i can only get up to wave 25. i used the labrinth pattern, but some still manage to get through. where abouts should i have the plasmas?

you don't need a specific pattern, especialy on levels 1-4... the trick is to just corral them around as long a path as possible.

as for special weapons...

I recomend plasma turrets at corners in your path so that they'll be stuck in the weapons range as long as possible... SAMS have grear range, and do well placed in the very center of a snaking pattern, so the critters have to walk through its firing range for the longest time possible. AA turrets should be placed in the very center of the map where the 2 sets of flyers cross each other's paths. Freeze turrets are great if placed so they slow the monsters just as they are entering the kill zones for your other weapons.

also, upgrades... 1 fully upgraded weapon will do more damage than every little gun on the map, so its best to create 1 perfect kill zone with a few upgraded guns, and just keep them corraled into that area as long as possible, and as offten as possible.

Sonic turrets and SAMs are best on maps 1-4, and tey have thier uses on 5.. though on 6 it seems to be all about the maxed out plasma guns.
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users