#1 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 12 July 2007 - 04:32 PM

I had some ideas regarding Creeps. Originally they were meant to add some spice and atmosphere to some maps. For all that we might change or add there should be one thing to remember. They should only be there to support the atmosphere, not replace the original skirmish objectives, to find and destroy your enemies. What they can do is to delay the expansion of players, provide early combat training to units and heroes, provide side entertainment. They should also be logical in placement, numbers/strength etc.

Things we might change/add.
  • Add more variety to maps by randomizing specific creeps (take for example the spider creep; It could randomly be a standard spider creep or maybe a spider rider creep instead. To be determined when the map is loading.)
  • Change number of Creep units
  • Change respawn time of Creep Units
  • Change kind/variety of a specific Creep Spawn
  • Change stats of Creep Spawns and/or Creep buildings (Health, Weapons, Armor, Vision Range, Leash (Guard) Range, Attack priorities)
  • Change xp awards
  • Change treasure awards
  • Add additional 'Creeps' (Peasant Farmstead, Eagle's Nest, Huorn Gathering)
  • Make some creeps be 'RunOn' Allies (they join you, if you are the first to come in their RunOn range, much like old CampFlags would become yours and you could start building a camp)
This is just for brainstorming and to see how you like these ideas; Also post your own suggestions. :xd:
None of this has much of a priority for S.E.E., but if it is easy and quick to implement, or simply a great addition to the movie-like flair, it may see the light of day eventually.

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#2 The Best Guest

The Best Guest

Herald of Kane.....

• Division Admins
  • 2,048 posts
  • Projects:Revora, {IP}
  •  Varied
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:PR Admin

Posted 12 July 2007 - 04:36 PM

[*]Make some creeps be 'RunOn' Allies (they join you, if you are the first to come in their RunOn range, much like old CampFlags would become yours and you could start building a camp)
[/list]

for the run on will they be attached to a creep lair so when you "runon" you get the creep lair to?
mrbar.jpg
SEE-Team_MapEditor.jpg

#3 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 12 July 2007 - 04:57 PM

Right now, they 'will' not do anything new. This is only a bunch of suggestions. I am not working on them right now.

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#4 The Best Guest

The Best Guest

Herald of Kane.....

• Division Admins
  • 2,048 posts
  • Projects:Revora, {IP}
  •  Varied
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:PR Admin

Posted 12 July 2007 - 05:04 PM

ok i was just throwing out some ideas. :xd:
mrbar.jpg
SEE-Team_MapEditor.jpg

#5 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,554 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 12 July 2007 - 05:06 PM

Good thread... I'm all for splitting the Suggestions thread in minor threads like this. Keeps the major one from becoming 2000 pages long :xd:

@topic:
- I'd like creeps to be stronger, both in terms of desctruction of the actual lair and also in terms of unit numers. In early stages of SEE I increased numbers like Wargs from 2 to 4, Goblins from whatever it was to 20, and so on... But Creeps are stilll way to easy to take down with a single hero. I'd like to make them slightly stronger (at least like Farms) and add even more units to them. Say 8 Wargs, 2 Fire Drakes, 4 Cave Trolls, 40 Goblins, 25 Spiderlings.... ^_^
- For new units I could consider Spider Riders to be say 2 for each Spider Lair... (just for looks).

^ Those are all easy changes :)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#6 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 06:20 PM

Love the idea of peasant farmsteads! They should attack the Evil factions on sight, or join the Good factions when coming near. Great way to make the game feel more 'alive'. There should also be specific creeps for some maps, like for example when you're playing Isengard as an evil faction, there's a chance Ents will come out of the forest and attack you.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Juissi

Juissi

AWESOM-O

• Hosted
  • 1,555 posts
  • Projects:Last Alliance modification, The Hobbit mod
  •  Forger Of (Last) Alliance

Posted 12 July 2007 - 07:42 PM

Imo atm the lairs aint that easy to take out. Imo it takes 2 heroes or 1 hero and one or two battalions ^_^ Saying that the game has just started and there is no upgrades and hero is at level 1 :xd:

#8 Garrison Nomad

Garrison Nomad

Bringin' in Da Boyz

• Project Team
  • 608 posts
  • Projects:Beta testing for SEE
  •  I'm in your closet...eating your clothes.

Posted 12 July 2007 - 07:52 PM

hmm....sounds rather warcrafty....heh

well, if you had things like those peasants joining good folks on sight, then you'd have to counter it with evil guys joining evil on sight. Perhaps it could be a way to get a certain kind of spiderling, or spider rider, or sumthing like that. I like the massive amounts of creeps, though. Fighting hordes of goblins early on coming out of a cave....sounds good to me.
If I were you and you were me I'd have a different face.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
"The only real things are imaginary..."

#9 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 09:10 PM

Well, the Peasant creep 'lair' should be more like a village, kinda like a unique creep. Or how about this: attack evil units on sight, don't attack good units at all =).

Edited by Mordor Slayer, 12 July 2007 - 09:10 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 Gherrick

Gherrick

Drunken Bastard

• Project Team
  • 374 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 08:33 PM

Idea!! Great idea!! How about Balrog on Udun map? Smaller or at last a bit weaker one....but with great stuff in his lair!!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 clonecommand

clonecommand

title available

• Members
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 06:23 PM

Or maybe have a neutral faction that has a mini-villiage set up, and will attack any aggressors.... :p

Definetly double the amt of attackers, make the creeps bigger, stronger, make drakes more powerful (one guard warg can take him out).

#12 Garrison Nomad

Garrison Nomad

Bringin' in Da Boyz

• Project Team
  • 608 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 02:42 AM

OMG...neutral Factions=AWESOME!!! If anybody played Star Wars Battlefront 1 with the level that ahd tuskens....wow. If you brought that to an RTS...

You wouldn't really have to put a whole other faction on a map...you'd just have to..throw a builder together. Neutral bands of orcs on mordor maps, or Spiders in mirkwood would be cool, especially if you had different kinds of spiders, like spitting ones.

Every day this mod gets crazier and crazier. and that's crazy in an awesome way.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 Lord of Mordor

Lord of Mordor

Master of the One Ring

• Project Team
  • 170 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 12:40 PM

It would add some balancing difficulties on the maps you make those peasants, though... if you make Creeps as strong as you said you want them to be, it would be unfair if some creeps only attacked the evil guys. (or only the good guys, if you make Orc settlements)

But no Spider Rider Creeps, please... they just look so horrible with their light green skin, they just should be scrapped in my opinion.

Edited by Lord of Mordor, 15 July 2007 - 12:42 PM.

Build me an army worthy of Mordor!

HobbitBann5501.png

#14 Lauri

Lauri

Let us remember foREVer

• Hosted
  • 10,419 posts
  • Projects:'The 4th Age' and 'Shadow and Flame'
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 15 July 2007 - 12:57 PM

peasants.... doesn't mean their good, aye? :ninja: It can be peasants of Gondor, Rohan, Rhûn, Harad, Dunland, and elsewhere... If we make some peasants that gets to be controlled by the first to 'capture' them, it should count for all, not only good factions :p The evil ones might slave them or something...

Shadow and Flame BETA 0.6 RELEASED - Link

#15 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 01:07 PM

Evil factions get resources (enslavement), good factions get soldiers (peasants). How's that?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 04:04 PM

^unfair for good. Evil gets an early Economy boost. They need to do the same thing for any side.
Posted Image

#17 clonecommand

clonecommand

title available

• Members
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 04:14 PM

Evil factions kill them and get cash, much like the campaign Near Harad level in BFME1, and good gets to keep the farm or settlement, also earning cash, but they get the building.

#18 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 04:21 PM

so is it instant crash vs a stream of cash? early game, i would want the instant cash. This still helps evil in the early game too much. It should do the same thing to both. If evil captures a peasant village, they become slaves and fight for evil. its simple and Lauri's idea.
Posted Image

#19 clonecommand

clonecommand

title available

• Members
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 04:23 PM

Maybe the evil assumes them to be from Gondor and whatnot and good factions assume them to be from Dunland, so they all kill, all getting instant cash? :p

I suddenly feel evil or something, talking about knocking people's heads off for cash... :ninja:

Edited by clonecommand, 15 July 2007 - 04:23 PM.

#20 Garrison Nomad

Garrison Nomad

Bringin' in Da Boyz

• Project Team
  • 608 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 05:03 PM

hmm...so what about making them completely neutral? They don't have to be peasants, you know. they could be anything from neutral men in harad to neutral orcs in mordor. But the thing is, you can't make them like adding another faction in as a player. they'd have to be unique, having different components.

Oh, and I think if you wanted to you could resserect the spider rider as a creep just by giving them tons of armor, which is something they've always needed.

another idea is corsairs. You could have bands of corsairs that attack by land and sea, but if you go to their city and pay em off, they'l leave you alone, or even fight for you.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users