clonecommand

title available

• Members
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 06:41 PM

Different subject than the last post:

Creeps would more interesting of a fight with
- More units (twice current number)
- More KINDS of units. instead of one type of warg, have different breeds, like a king warg (larger) mixed in with the little tykes :grin: Or Goblins could have short pikes added in with the archers and swordsmen, making them more defensive vs. cav units
- Harder to kill. Just because they are wild, primitive beasts, doesn't mean they are weak, just means they don't have a lot of resources. Rural places breed a lot of big guys that like to wrestle, do they not? :shiftee: (sorry for the stereotype :grin: )

#22 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 26 July 2007 - 08:34 PM

That's kind of what I got in mind too, and what I said earlier I think... ;p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#23 Garrison Nomad

Garrison Nomad

Bringin' in Da Boyz

• Project Team
  • 608 posts
  • Projects:Beta testing for SEE
  •  I'm in your closet...eating your clothes.

Posted 27 July 2007 - 02:14 AM

maybe make it where neutral gobs can use poison blades?
If I were you and you were me I'd have a different face.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
"The only real things are imaginary..."

#24 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 27 July 2007 - 02:38 AM

They will, don't worry. :p

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#25 Garrison Nomad

Garrison Nomad

Bringin' in Da Boyz

• Project Team
  • 608 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 03:28 PM

woo hoo! cool. I've always thought neutral creep wars would be fun....the creeps actually attacking YOU. makes you have to worry about more than just your enemy...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#26 zachdaddy_3000

zachdaddy_3000

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

• Project Team
  • 580 posts
  • Projects:Nazgul's BFMEII: Special Extended Edition

Posted 30 July 2007 - 10:41 PM

I think clonecommand had a good thing going with the neutral minicamp idea. I usually play three player games with a main hard army and an easy neutral army, just to shake things up a bit. Plus it's really wierd and cool seeing men and orcs side by side defeating an army of goblins.

Edited by zachdaddy_3000, 30 July 2007 - 10:44 PM.

Do not come between a Zach and his........Zach?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#27 Guest_BalrogSlayer123_*

Guest_BalrogSlayer123_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2007 - 08:14 PM

Has anyone noticed that the Morgul Blade power that the Nazgul have turns enemies into wights. It really should turn them into wraiths.

I also think that the wights in the game look like wraiths, since they're ghost-like.

Maybe the wights should be changed to waiths for the Morgul Blade power, and a new model be made for wights; like a zombie or skeleton. :p

#28 Guest_BalrogSlayer123_*

Guest_BalrogSlayer123_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2007 - 08:42 PM

I just remembered I had other ideas for lairs. Perhaps you could make some that have bears, boars, wolves, and other creatures that roam the maps in the game that you can't attack or control. You could just make them a larger size and give them an attack animation.

P.S. I don't know if you can do that since I'm not a modder, but it's just a suggestion. :mellow:

#29 The Best Guest

The Best Guest

Herald of Kane.....

• Division Admins
  • 2,048 posts
  • Projects:Revora, {IP}
  •  Varied
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:PR Admin

Posted 12 August 2007 - 08:49 PM

Actually yes those lairs are possible if you have an animiter that wants to do that and also I think Wights and wriaths Are the same thing :mellow:
mrbar.jpg
SEE-Team_MapEditor.jpg

#30 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 10:42 AM

Has anyone noticed that the Morgul Blade power that the Nazgul have turns enemies into wights. It really should turn them into wraiths.

I also think that the wights in the game look like wraiths, since they're ghost-like.

Maybe the wights should be changed to waiths for the Morgul Blade power, and a new model be made for wights; like a zombie or skeleton. :mellow:

True. The 'barrow'-wights are basically human bodies possessed by evil (probably elven) spirits. The Morgul knife effect is to draw the dying mortal into the shadow realm, turning him into an evil spirit (wraith) himself.

What we'd need for the borrow-wights would be an intelligent animated body with an aura of confusion and the life force leaching powers.

Noted for future use.

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#31 Guest_BalrogSlayer123_*

Guest_BalrogSlayer123_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2007 - 12:18 PM

COOL :good:

#32 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 13 August 2007 - 06:19 PM

This is another of those things that have bugged me from start... I also think that the Nazzies should "produce" Wraiths and not Wights, so this is defenitely something we should fix...

- Remove the face from the Wights and rename them to Wraits, and then create a new model for Wights... perhaps we could use the zombie like model that is being thrown into the tunnel at the Uruk Pit and just reskin it a bit? :good:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#33 Strider

Strider
  • Members
  • 190 posts
  •  Helpful Wanderer

Posted 13 August 2007 - 10:59 PM

Not quite sure the wraith-wight difference. Wight should be skelitol like figures, while wights should be demented looking soldiers. I dont think that Frodo would have a much difference looking appearence if he hadnt been healed and became a wraith. He would have likely became a demented, dead looking, creepy hobbit.

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#34 Garrison Nomad

Garrison Nomad

Bringin' in Da Boyz

• Project Team
  • 608 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 01:12 AM

so....like zombies...keep their slow-moving attribute, but beef em up a bit. sounds cool to me.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#35 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2007 - 05:29 PM

Do you think you could make an small orc camp with the original orcs that join anyone fighting as morder? You could use the nuetral building that has 3 tents and a campfire.

#36 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 22 August 2007 - 12:18 AM

for the farms the range thing should be removed cause you dont use the terrain near the farm. only the inside the building. and on caves, furnaces and slaughter house the terrain is useless so..

I fail to see what this has to do with CREEPS and lairs??? From now on NO suggestions will be taken into consideration if they are posted into the wrong thread *deleted*

Do you think you could make an small orc camp with the original orcs that join anyone fighting as morder? You could use the nuetral building that has 3 tents and a campfire.

That is a pretty cool idea... *noted*

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#37 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 01:14 PM

We could have the usual Goblin Creeps be randomized between the standard one and the new orc camp. Good idea, i had something like that in mind for just about all the standard creeps (and did so for the spider lair already).
I'll get right on it. :good:

#38 Hobbit Hunter

Hobbit Hunter
  • Members
  • 96 posts
  • Projects:none

Posted 22 August 2007 - 02:11 PM

That idea guest is pretty good.
Hehe you could have gondor soldier creeps in gondor controled areas mordor in mordor and so on.
Then again i guess that would make the game pretty unbalanced well anyway i like the sound of
"Ther is a non wild gondor soldier battalion over there!" :good: ;)
Posted Image
Dont get between a Hobbit and his Hunter, guess where the arrow is gonna hit?

#39 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 09:52 AM

This might be a solution for the slow PP gathering:

I had another thought on bfme2 that I thought was worth a mention. I forget witch patch it was ( either 1.05 or 1.06 ) but the patch added double the gold and a level up for a hero if a troll lair, wild goblin cave, wild warg pit or barrow wrights tomb was destroyed. Making them more worth while to destroy sooner than latter if at all. Unfortunately this was taken out of the game once the expansion was added and EA never put it back in the game.

I thought it may make games a little more interesting if they also gave maybe 1-5 spell book points as well.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#40 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 13 September 2007 - 11:14 AM

I'm also looking to make them much more valuable... that's why I wanted them tougher as well... Today we get like 70-90 cash from a lair, per crate. It should be like up to 2000 per crate... :mellow:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users